Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Oh sod it!!! - Wellington Mob / Porirua Posse - I need your help!

Oh sod it!!! - Wellington Mob / Porirua Posse - I need your help!

Old Jan 29th 2008, 4:58 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Oh sod it!!! - Wellington Mob / Porirua Posse - I need your help!

OK so today I took the car into work. Well, not only did I get to the curve round into the waterfront motorway right before that 3-car pile-up happened (thankfully only delayed me by 15 mins) but on the way back up the Ngauranga Gorge, there was some gravel flying around, god knows where from.

For the pile-up I counted 6 cop cars (2 of them unmarked, I think, or was it 1?), 1 fire emergency response unit, 2 ambulances and 2 fire engines. They were all tearing up SH1 when I was already in heavy traffic crawling towards the accident, then when I was close to merging with SH2, they all came tearing past us to the accident spot. The ambulances had already been and gone by the time I got to the crash site. One car had been quite concertina-ed. Two others were at various spin-off places in the road. The walking wounded were in obvious shock.

Anyway!...

So I now have a lovely crack on my windscreen. Can anyone recommend a windscreen repair place, please? Thankfully I have full coverage with a zero deductible for glass woo hoo!

Not a good day to drive in to work... :curse: :curse: :curse:

Last edited by Maz; Jan 29th 2008 at 5:08 am. Reason: nice little run-down on the crash
Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:50 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh sod it!!! - Wellington Mob / Porirua Posse - I need your help!

Originally Posted by Maz
OK so today I took the car into work. Well, not only did I get to the curve round into the waterfront motorway right before that 3-car pile-up happened (thankfully only delayed me by 15 mins) but on the way back up the Ngauranga Gorge, there was some gravel flying around, god knows where from.

For the pile-up I counted 6 cop cars (2 of them unmarked, I think, or was it 1?), 1 fire emergency response unit, 2 ambulances and 2 fire engines. They were all tearing up SH1 when I was already in heavy traffic crawling towards the accident, then when I was close to merging with SH2, they all came tearing past us to the accident spot. The ambulances had already been and gone by the time I got to the crash site. One car had been quite concertina-ed. Two others were at various spin-off places in the road. The walking wounded were in obvious shock.

Anyway!...

So I now have a lovely crack on my windscreen. Can anyone recommend a windscreen repair place, please? Thankfully I have full coverage with a zero deductible for glass woo hoo!

Not a great start to your day

If you contact your insurance company they all have 'preferred' companies that they use.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:25 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

An eventful journey Maz, but as long as you are o.k and only got a cracked windscreen, thats the main thing.
Stay cool.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

ledge is on a distinguished road

I can happily recommend Supreme Windscreens - 0800 994422
They're based somewhere in the Hutt but come to your house to fix it - they replaced my windscreen over Christmas after it got broke from the inside - (note to self....car not quite long enough to take 2.9m fence posts )

Their speciality is repairs rather than replacements I think and they were prompt and friendly
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz

Anyway!...

They have been resurfacing the corner up there for the past week or so, the new seal signs been up for abit, so probably where you got the chip from, I've been hit by a few, thankfully been ok so far....

Crash sounds bad
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:57 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Not a great start to your day

If you contact your insurance company they all have 'preferred' companies that they use.
Sweet, thanks Sarah. The crash was on the way in, the cracked windscreen was on the way home. Ugh!

Originally Posted by Marika 38
An eventful journey Maz, but as long as you are o.k and only got a cracked windscreen, thats the main thing.
Stay cool.
Thank you Marika!

Originally Posted by ledge
I can happily recommend Supreme Windscreens - 0800 994422
They're based somewhere in the Hutt but come to your house to fix it - they replaced my windscreen over Christmas after it got broke from the inside - (note to self....car not quite long enough to take 2.9m fence posts )

Their speciality is repairs rather than replacements I think and they were prompt and friendly
That is pretty damn great service, thank you for that recommendation! Watch out for fence posts from now on!

Originally Posted by irnbru14
They have been resurfacing the corner up there for the past week or so, the new seal signs been up for abit, so probably where you got the chip from, I've been hit by a few, thankfully been ok so far....

Crash sounds bad
Yeah I know they've been resurfacing, the lighter surface has been there since we've lived here, over 3 months now, gack! Glad you've got away without any crap from the gravel.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Whats Captain Kirk going to say about you putting a crack in the Windscreen of the 1701-D Type 6 Shuttle Craft? I just hope it doesn't affect the warp drive!!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:55 am
Maz

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Whats Captain Kirk going to say about you putting a crack in the Windscreen of the 1701-D Type 6 Shuttle Craft? I just hope it doesn't affect the warp drive!!
I know! Scottie is most upset! (actually, Geordie is most upset, I'm a TNG nut )