British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Oh so busy after the CHCH quake (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/oh-so-busy-after-chch-quake-684903/)

Fooferfish Sep 10th 2010 9:43 pm

Oh so busy after the CHCH quake

This week has been one of the busiest in my life at work, our prison down south is at bursting point, because of the quake in CHCH the prison there is in bad shape, so they shifted over 80 down to our jail, my unit is now full and we have more chch than out own, they are all wanting things asking questions and wanting phone calls to their families, some of them are pain in the arses, but most are now accepting the fact their jail will need re-building or a lot of repair work and they will be with us for some time, we have a couple of them who are hell bent on causing trouble, but they will settle down or we will intervien and sort them out lol. Had to go to work one morning this week at 4am to get ready for their arrival, and once they arrived it was mad.

Hope those in CHCH are ok who frequent this site and may CHCH return to normal asap.

RobDon Sep 10th 2010 9:59 pm

Re: Oh so busy after the CHCH quake

Originally Posted by Fooferfish (Post 8840116)

Hope those in CHCH are ok who frequent this site and may CHCH return to normal asap.

Ditto the above ;)

Stephen Jones Sep 11th 2010 5:34 pm

Hope those in CHCH are ok who frequent this site and may CHCH return to normal asap

me too

Jan n Neil Sep 11th 2010 7:35 pm

amazing the effect the quake has had on all walks of like, never thought about the prison ...

Fooferfish Sep 11th 2010 8:18 pm

Has its amazing the operation that went ahead to transport prisoners from one jail to another ? CHCH womens prisoners were sent ona plane to Auckland womens, we are supposed to get more this week, they arrived at 5 am one morning, fed them and watered them and housed them, they will settle down, but a few are trying the play the game with us, that wont last long lol Some of the Officers who were at work when it happened biggered off to their families , dont blame them ay ? Mind you we could let them all have Home dentention lol

shirl Sep 13th 2010 12:57 am

Originally Posted by Fooferfish (Post 8841616)
Has its amazing the operation that went ahead to transport prisoners from one jail to another ? CHCH womens prisoners were sent ona plane to Auckland womens, we are supposed to get more this week, they arrived at 5 am one morning, fed them and watered them and housed them, they will settle down, but a few are trying the play the game with us, that wont last long lol Some of the Officers who were at work when it happened biggered off to their families , dont blame them ay ? Mind you we could let them all have Home dentention lol

Yeah my son in law was doing double shifts trying to get them all on planes and shipped out of chch! They have had a right time of it and I don't envy you all one bit having over crowded prisons! Mind you, must be scarry being locked in in a quake!