British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Oh I really miss !!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/oh-i-really-miss-771393/)

mazandben Sep 16th 2012 2:24 am

Re: Oh I really miss !!!!!!

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 10282741)
Nope. We miss this also.

and me too, We took the right to roam for granted back home, seeing all the surrounding land here in NZ and knowing you can't explore is a crying shame, makes it even harder if you are a dog owner:thumbdown:

Bo-Jangles Sep 16th 2012 6:59 am

Someone mentioned ice-cream and wafer on another thread and now all I can think of are Oyster Shells with Nuts and Sauce. :(

Chalkygirl Sep 17th 2012 7:59 am

Originally Posted by mazandben (Post 10282832)
and me too, We took the right to roam for granted back home, seeing all the surrounding land here in NZ and knowing you can't explore is a crying shame, makes it even harder if you are a dog owner:thumbdown:

Ditto!! Miss the availability of country walks without the threat of my dogs swallowing 1080 :thumbdown:
Miss central heating, double glazing, affordable fruit and veg, (I just paid nearly 4 dollars for two tomatoes :blink:)
Not having that 'delay' when you have a conversation with someone, having a conversation with someone, being able to take the p*ss out of someone 'for a laugh' during a conversation.
Being able to go and see bands (without taking out a mortgage to do so...)
Having savings.

Bo-Jangles Sep 17th 2012 10:44 am

Well you did ask, today I have mostly been thinking about rivers, canals, barges, towpaths, locks, quaint old bridges and lovely riverside pubs. :o

Bo-Jangles Sep 17th 2012 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Chalkygirl (Post 10284599)
.......being able to take the p*ss out of someone 'for a laugh' during a conversation.

I totally get you!

Another thing I miss is lunch, work lunches, proper lunches where you actually leave the friggin office with your friends and colleagues and go out and BUY some lunch to take-away or heaven forbid actually go somewhere sit down and eat lunch and talk to people. There has to be some benefits to being out at work all day, surely, something to look forward to at the middle of the day besides leftover dinner from the day before. How sad! :(

luvwelly Sep 17th 2012 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Vikkichic (Post 10277686)
Radio 4 .... omg do I miss it. Sometimes I log in for the skeleton watch but it's not the same.

Try Radio NZ National for a poor man's version. Helped keep me sane.

Spacecake799 Sep 17th 2012 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles (Post 10284867)
I totally get you!

Another thing I miss is lunch, work lunches, proper lunches where you actually leave the friggin office with your friends and colleagues and go out and BUY some lunch to take-away or heaven forbid actually go somewhere sit down and eat lunch and talk to people. There has to be some benefits to being out at work all day, surely, something to look forward to at the middle of the day besides leftover dinner from the day before. How sad! :(

My Life! Not that it was anything fancy in England, but feels like it has been on hold since we arrived.
Wrapping christmas presents with the christmas lights on in the day snuggled in my warm house.
So Im off, will be back in time for my first winter christmas in 6 years. I tried, time to start living again. Im not at retirement age yet.

Snap Shot Sep 18th 2012 1:08 am

+1

BEVS Sep 18th 2012 7:03 am

You know what I miss at the moment. A decent sized scallop !

Justcol Sep 18th 2012 7:23 am

Am still hankering after a custard tart

RobDon Sep 18th 2012 8:14 am

I miss Muller corners - any flavour - nothing like them here.:(

Persephone Sep 18th 2012 8:17 am

Chocolate eclairs made with real cream that isn't oversweetened:)

lisamct Sep 18th 2012 8:55 am

Originally Posted by RobDon (Post 10286520)
I miss Muller corners - any flavour - nothing like them here.:(

Ahh yes...cherry Muller corners...sigh

RobDon Sep 18th 2012 9:06 am

Originally Posted by lisamct (Post 10286571)
Ahh yes...cherry Muller corners...sigh

Cherry were yum! :thumbup:

mazandben Sep 18th 2012 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Justcol (Post 10286447)
Am still hankering after a custard tart

Custard tart......:thumbup: YUM!