Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Oh I really miss !!!!!!

Oh I really miss !!!!!!

Old Sep 13th 2012, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh I really miss !!!!!!

[QUOTE=Bo-Jangles;10278732]Wouldn't that be a novelty, sausages that contain the actual meat that they are meant to taste of.

My son in law does a full range of sausages which he makes himself. If you are anywhere near Papamoa Bay of Plenty he is on Palm Beach Plaza. Everyone knows Doug. He has moved from where I took this video to bigger premises on the Plaza.

Hope I am not breaking any rules putting this on.

Note the Lancashire Accent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlXaaeZgEHM

June

Last edited by Margaret Parkinson; Sep 13th 2012 at 2:41 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

BlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mazandben
OMG a town fan!!!! Howdee from an ex-newsomer
Hi - I'm a long time Town fan from Holmfirth - Managed to get back to see the last two play offs and one or two other matches and looking forward to watching more of them on internet TV now they're in the championship. Grayson ,the new manager, seems to be building a pretty handy team (IMO).
Old Sep 13th 2012, 9:21 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Mazzaben, Black Cross

If you are ever down Christchurch, I will happily buy you a beer as a thank you for playing a huge part in keeping that stain of a football club in the doldrums. Oh how I laughed when I saw Simonsens comet leave England to head over to New Zealand. Made my day seeing that embarrassing joke of a football club get what they deserved. Seeing their fans ball their eyes out that they would be playing league one football again whilst their far superior neighbours are playing championship football. Surprised their idiot of a chairman didn't sue the legal system since they took away their striker

Things I miss of the UK, hmmmm

Lakeside shopping centre
Vibrant tourist London (although I don't miss having to barge people out the way when walking)
Sheffield Wednesday Football Club
Mecca and Gala Bingo (oh how I enjoyed some big night winnings there)
The south of England - Cornwall, Dorset, Devon - some beautiful places along there

I'll miss not taking the young one to see the blue and white wizards at Hillsborough when he grows up or experience some fabulous away days such as Leeds, Cardiff, Barnsley and Derby. Despite getting into the rugby, it doesn't have that same sort of atmosphere and feel that the football does

Last edited by Tom1983; Sep 13th 2012 at 9:24 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

BlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tom1983
Made my day seeing that embarrassing joke of a football club get what they deserved.
Yes, it was a good day out

A couple of close friends are big Wednesday fans and I used to watch them a lot a few years ago -they had a great team for a time - Cheeky Trev, Hirsty, Des W, Chris W ! Glory days!

Heard they've now put a decent team together again and ought to be pushing for the top six?

They're at home to Town on Wednesday - I'll be up at six a.m. Thursday to listen or hopefully watch it.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 3:10 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Since i've been here, i've often got up for the Wednesday games. The only times I haven't, we lost. Exeter, Charlton, Stevenage, Walsall and Crystal Palace. Three of them I was in Sri Lanka mind and forgot about Wednesday

I see you're the next team to visit Hillsborough. It's good that we're starting to make it a fortress as so often many sides would love to come to us. I remember when you came the time Steve Bruce was your manager and you were 3-0 up after 20 odd minutes. Martin Smith tore us apart that day. Last seasons 4-4 I thought was the start of the Megson decline and as much as I wish he was still our manager, getting Dave Jones was unbelievable. I've got so much time for that man with his days at Southampton. Totally did not deserve the treatment that he got from that club

Top 6, I don't think so. I can think of at least 8 sides better than Wednesday at the moment. I reckon we're a slow club in progress. Mandaric won't mess around and we have one of the best managers in the championship. The defence needs sorting as we've conceded 2 in every game. Whilst it's good we've got goalscorers, defensively needs questioning. I look forward to Martin Taylor sorting the club out

What do you think of Huddersfields chances this season? What a deal getting 8 million for Jordan Rhodes. He's going to go downhill joining a club who's manager would get the likes of Real Madrid relegated from the Scottish 2nd Division.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Going to France for the day for shopping and lunch, coming back laden with a truckload of lovely cheese, wine and other goodies.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 6:27 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Miss Europe
Old Sep 14th 2012, 7:11 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Going to France for the day for shopping and lunch, coming back laden with a truckload of lovely cheese, wine and other goodies.
Crike! . Now you've done it. We used to do this . I loved it.

Have you ever been to Clingancourt in Paris? I loved that place. I really loved it
Old Sep 14th 2012, 8:04 am
Just Joined

Natandandy is just really niceNatandandy is just really niceNatandandy is just really niceNatandandy is just really niceNatandandy is just really niceNatandandy is just really niceNatandandy is just really niceNatandandy is just really nice

Originally Posted by love30stm
Oh yes TK Maxx!!! miss so much

Argos

Just on my way to T K Maxx now. I have already said to my family I am going to miss this shop so so so much. Hope we will be moving out 2013 so I have a lots of shopping trip yet to do.

Is there nothing like this store over there.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Despite getting into the rugby, it doesn't have that same sort of atmosphere and feel that the football does
It is a totally different atmosphere to what they know as sporting spectators down that way.

I've taken many a Kiwi and Aussie to football over here and they all make a comment along the lines of "I cannot believe how much signing they do". They're always impressed.

Having said that, this of course isn't restricted to Football, in Cricket Englands Barmy Army always have a party where ever they go.

I have to say though, having watched a lot of live top level sport the best atmosphere I've ever experienced was at Twickenham for a Rugby game between England and Australia in 2002.

Of all the big stadiums in the UK; Wembley, Old Trafford, The Emirates, St James's Park (Sport Direct Arena) - Twickenham is head an shoulders above all of them for acoustics, which helps.

That said, I didn't make it to the Olympic Stadium this summer
Old Sep 15th 2012, 10:52 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbie2010
Do you think so?

Perhaps, but not in dairy it would seem.

UK:- "Yield per cow is increasing and is around 7,315 litres per cow per year"

NZ:- "On averarge New Zealand dairy cows produce 3,800 litres per head per year"
Yield per cow is a measurement of quantity, not necessarily quality. And also a slightly useless comparison from one country to another for all sorts of reasons.

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Choice
Squirrels
Just rats in disguise

Originally Posted by Justcol
I thought I was the only one who missed the right roam
No, I really, really miss this! It's hard to explain to Kiwis cos there are loads of tramps and day walks and 20 min loop walks, but it's not the same.

My main food yearnings were for granary bread and fresh homous, bourbon biscuits and jam doughnuts when we first moved here, but they've gone now really. I still think "ooooooooo" when I think of clotted cream though
Old Sep 16th 2012, 12:16 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by justcol
I thought I was the only one who missed the right roam
Nope. We miss this also.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
I've taken many a Kiwi and Aussie to football over here and they all make a comment along the lines of "I cannot believe how much signing they do". They're always impressed.
When I watch the games on TV here with my other half (a kiwi) she always asks me to tell her what they are singing.

There are somethings that Kiwis will just never understand
This is an old one, it was just at the bar under the stretford end at half time..happy days

Old Sep 16th 2012, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

mazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BlackCrossInResidence
Hi - I'm a long time Town fan from Holmfirth - Managed to get back to see the last two play offs and one or two other matches and looking forward to watching more of them on internet TV now they're in the championship. Grayson ,the new manager, seems to be building a pretty handy team (IMO).
Very small world, the last place I lived was Totties in Holmfirth!!!
Old Sep 16th 2012, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

mazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud of

Mazzaben, Black Cross

If you are ever down Christchurch, I will happily buy you a beer as a thank you for playing a huge part in keeping that stain of a football club in the doldrums. Oh how I laughed when I saw Simonsens comet leave England to head over to New Zealand. Made my day seeing that embarrassing joke of a football club get what they deserved. Seeing their fans ball their eyes out that they would be playing league one football again whilst their far superior neighbours are playing championship football. Surprised their idiot of a chairman didn't sue the legal system since they took away their striker

Things I miss of the UK, hmmmm

Lakeside shopping centre
Vibrant tourist London (although I don't miss having to barge people out the way when walking)
Sheffield Wednesday Football Club
Mecca and Gala Bingo (oh how I enjoyed some big night winnings there)
The south of England - Cornwall, Dorset, Devon - some beautiful places along there

I'll miss not taking the young one to see the blue and white wizards at Hillsborough when he grows up or experience some fabulous away days such as Leeds, Cardiff, Barnsley and Derby. Despite getting into the rugby, it doesn't have that same sort of atmosphere and feel that the football does
OMG Mecca bingo..... sooooooo miss a good game of bingo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.