British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Offspin from Can you fix it?NZ is actually pretty cool".Stick your opposing view here (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/offspin-can-you-fix-nz-actually-pretty-cool-stick-your-opposing-view-here-774160/)

lardyl Oct 9th 2012 10:39 am

Offspin from Can you fix it?NZ is actually pretty cool".Stick your opposing view here

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi (Post 10320418)
Are we talking nirvana here? :lol:

strange how the comments on stuff appear to mirror the type of discussion we have on BE

moderator note.
Please note that Lardyl did not open this thread,
I did to stop the other thread becoming derailed

Apologies Lardyl that your post is at the top. lol

Expat Kiwi Oct 9th 2012 1:00 pm

Re: Can you fix it? New Zealand is actually pretty cool

Until you mentioned it I hadn't read the comments, but you're right they do.

It's disappointing to see the odd "if you don't agree with this article then leave" and "NZ is better off without people like you" the answer should be "if you don't agree with this article then stay and help to make it better"

It doesn't do much for NZ when the people who care about where it's headed are told to get out. You can't fix a problem if you're not allowed to admit it exists, or can't even talk about it without getting your head chewed off.

ExKiwilass Oct 9th 2012 6:19 pm

What a surprise. A one eyed article about how great nz is in an nz paper.

BEVS Oct 9th 2012 8:11 pm

Offspin from Can you fix it? New Zealand is actually pretty cool

I have moved some posts from the original thread as they derail the aim of the OP. That's not fair to the OP or to others wishing to contribute in like fashion.

So , for those that don't agree with the article , you have this thread to thrash your stuff.

The article is HERE

Caz8NZ Oct 9th 2012 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi (Post 10321576)
Until you mentioned it I hadn't read the comments, but you're right they do.

It's disappointing to see the odd "if you don't agree with this article then leave" and "NZ is better off without people like you" the answer should be "if you don't agree with this article then stay and help to make it better"

It doesn't do much for NZ when the people who care about where it's headed are told to get out. You can't fix a problem if you're not allowed to admit it exists, or can't even talk about it without getting your head chewed off.

Thanks Bev.

Expat Kiwi - i'm confused on your POV. Do you care or not. You're one of the ones who has left.

waikatoguy Oct 9th 2012 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by Caz8NZ (Post 10322404)

Expat Kiwi - i'm confused on your POV. Do you care or not. You're one of the ones who has left.

Perhaps, another pertinent question is : If caring is the issue, why choose the British Expat Forum as the vehicle for the caring?

That's my thought for the day.

love30stm Oct 9th 2012 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by waikatoguy (Post 10322476)
Perhaps, another pertinent question is : If caring is the issue, why choose the British Expat Forum as the vehicle for the caring?

That's my thought for the day.

Indeed :thumbup:

waikatoguy Oct 9th 2012 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by love30stm (Post 10322480)
Indeed :thumbup:

Haha .. thanks. (hug smiley)

I'm going to be out for the rest of the day. Probably just as well for everyone concerned. :boxing: :)

love30stm Oct 9th 2012 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by waikatoguy (Post 10322500)
Haha .. thanks. (hug smiley)

I'm going to be out for the rest of the day. Probably just as well for everyone concerned. :boxing: :)

:lol: enjoy your day in the sinshine :)

BEVS Oct 9th 2012 10:00 pm

Re: Offspin from Can you fix it?NZ is actually pretty cool".Stick your opposing view

Sinshine ?

Let's hope WM doesn't overdo it then :p