Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Office Manager / HR Jobs?

Office Manager / HR Jobs?

Old Jul 29th 2013, 2:24 pm
Account Closed

MrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to all
Default Office Manager / HR Jobs?

Hi All

has anyone out there applied for permanent residency with a Job as an Office Manager, HR Advisor or PA ?

If I can manage to secure a job offer and have my degree assessed by NZQA I will have a point score of 155.

We are planning on coming over to NZ in Feb anyway as I have a BUNAC working holiday visa, but if I am lucky enough to be able to score myself a job offer before we arrive I may submit my EOI from here as we have been told London have quicker processing times.

I've been an Office/HR Manager/PA to a quite high profile person for 6 years now and would ideally like to work in the South Island (Nelson or Canterbury)

I wondered if people have an opinion as to whether I should job hunt from here or wait until I arrive in Feb?

Thanks All
Sarah
Old Jul 29th 2013, 3:22 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Office Manager / HR Jobs?

It depends on whether you're able to change the timing of your trip over. I can't see many employers being willing to wait 7months so it's probably pointless applying now unless you are willing to go much earlier.

However, I'd try much closer to the time. You'd have nothing to lose. Give them the date you are arriving and also that you'd have a visa meaning you could work straight away. If nothing comes of it, then you've lost nothing.
Anecdotally, many employers do not understand the visa process so just being able to say you have a visa allowing you to work asap will be a big asset