Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Offer on the house

Offer on the house

Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice
Default Offer on the house

We are in a state of shock. We have an offer on our house at the full asking price - it's only been on the market for 2 weeks

We are taking a hit on what we paid for it, but are getting out of it what we put in which after 4 years and in this market is a result!!!

I will only get the champagne out when the contract is signed, but jeezo is that a weight off our minds. We had visions of living in accommodation that that was more suited to the dogs than us. Means we can buy quickly and not worry if the landlord likes our mutts or not.

don't listen to estate agents and all those hours watching the House Doctor paid off! Only takes one!
Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Offer on the house

Originally Posted by Mrs Pointer
We are in a state of shock. We have an offer on our house at the full asking price - it's only been on the market for 2 weeks

We are taking a hit on what we paid for it, but are getting out of it what we put in which after 4 years and in this market is a result!!!

I will only get the champagne out when the contract is signed, but jeezo is that a weight off our minds. We had visions of living in accommodation that that was more suited to the dogs than us. Means we can buy quickly and not worry if the landlord likes our mutts or not.

don't listen to estate agents and all those hours watching the House Doctor paid off! Only takes one!
Wooohoooo im chuffed to bits for you, just finished mailing your other half back about that......... brilliant, just need to book flights now then
Old Aug 19th 2010, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

rushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to all

Congratulations, I'm so pleased for you!

I hope we'll have similar celebrations after our 2 viewings booked for this evening. However, given that we've had about 25 viewings so far and no offers, I'm not holding out a lot of hope.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice

I'll not celebrate quite yet until the ink is dry, but it should all be fairly straightforward. Alan, as you know - people in this area, like to stay in this area (not sure why really but then I'm not local) and we were lucky to get a couple who wanted to trade up to get more space for teenagers - exactly why we bought it.

Fingers crossed, cos once that's done I can hand in my notice (which I cannot wait to do) and have a few months off to get married and sort out our departure while the OH slaves away.

Only last week, we were despairing because we thought we'd have to rent it because the market was so different to when we bought it and this would have just been a hassle and meant less of a cushion when we arrived.

This malarkey is a right rollercoaster! But yes, we need to get the flight booked and just go for it. We're still undecided about where to go though - Auckland or Wellington.

Both have pros and cons - and way I see it, just cos you start there doesn't mean you stay there.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 4:10 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one!

We just couldn't face up to the uncertainties of selling the house so we decided to rent out.

I'm glad you got some interest so quick. Hope the rest of the process goes smoothly

OH would be saying "what's meant to be will be". Strangely enough she's always right.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 7:07 pm
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by WhingingPom
We just couldn't face up to the uncertainties of selling the house so we decided to rent it out.
We did the same, anyhow CONGRATULATIONS BIG TIME fingers crossed it all goes smoothly from now on
Old Aug 19th 2010, 8:14 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

really good news sale goes smoothly for you now.

Dewb
Old Aug 19th 2010, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Foxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud of

that all goes smoothly for you.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

I'll not celebrate quite yet until the ink is dry, but it should all be fairly straightforward. Alan, as you know - people in this area, like to stay in this area (not sure why really but then I'm not local) and we were lucky to get a couple who wanted to trade up to get more space for teenagers - exactly why we bought it.

Fingers crossed, cos once that's done I can hand in my notice (which I cannot wait to do) and have a few months off to get married and sort out our departure while the OH slaves away.

Only last week, we were despairing because we thought we'd have to rent it because the market was so different to when we bought it and this would have just been a hassle and meant less of a cushion when we arrived.

This malarkey is a right rollercoaster! But yes, we need to get the flight booked and just go for it. We're still undecided about where to go though - Auckland or Wellington.

Both have pros and cons - and way I see it, just cos you start there doesn't mean you stay there.
IMO if i was to choose between Auckland or Welly id pick Welly, even if the weather is better in Auckland Welly has less people, less traffic and more open spaces
Old Aug 20th 2010, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light

Exatly! This is why we are starting in Auckland which is where we've found jobs but we don't have to stay there forever! Great news on the house so exciting for you and have a LOVELY wedding
Old Aug 20th 2010, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by londonescapee
Exatly! This is why we are starting in Auckland which is where we've found jobs but we don't have to stay there forever! Great news on the house so exciting for you and have a LOVELY wedding
Cheers. Though nothing like sticking as many stressful life decisions into 6 months as you can: emigrating, selling a house, getting married, leaving a job....ach it's exciting.

And we'll have to move into a rented property here as it's sold quicker than we thought. But it will give us a chance to sort out the rubbish before we get the packers in a few months later.

If the house sale goes through I can tell my employer to shove it at Xmas so I can have some time off to get the wedding and emigration sorted
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 10:13 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers. Though nothing like sticking as many stressful life decisions into 6 months as you can: emigrating, selling a house, getting married, leaving a job....ach it's exciting.

Ah well at least you wont be bored

Dewb