British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Off topic - I CAN SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/off-topic-i-can-seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-420909/)

dreamfish Jan 22nd 2007 7:44 pm

Off topic - I CAN SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

:eek:

i went and had the lasek consultation this morning, they had a spare slot, i took them up on it

5 minutes later - and i can seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i dont ever want anyone to go near my eyes again - and if they try they will know about it,
it was the worst experience of my life - even the MRI scan (that felt like how i would imagine its like being buried alive ) was a much better experience than this.

gnawing off my arm whilst sat in a vatt of hissing cockroaches listening to des o'connor is, I imagine, a far more enjoyable experience than this,

having my fingernails pulled out one by one whilst having wool rubbed against my teeth and listening to the sound of nails being dragged down a blackboard and being treated to a Dutch oven by my other half - is indeed, it has to be, a more enjoyable experience than this.

no one told me about the suction cap they put on your eyeball to keep it still.

however - altho i will have recurring nightmares for life, at least i can see :D

i recommend it in a twisted sense of humour kinda way.

Kate :blink:

DiffordA Jan 22nd 2007 8:18 pm

Re: Off topic - I CAN SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

WOW!!! Well done you! How brave, to just go for it there and then. I'm not sure I could have made a decision so quickly like that. Sorry you found the process so traumatic, I found it to be quite OK but I guess that's just how people differ. Well I hope your sight just goes from strength to strength, what a liberating feeling eh?!! :thumbup:

Jack The Lad Jan 22nd 2007 8:24 pm

Keep us posted about any side effects :D

Maz Jan 22nd 2007 9:03 pm

Jack you cheeky sod! :lol:

So glad it went well! You're a much braver soul than me... :D

Jack The Lad Jan 22nd 2007 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 4313746)
Jack you cheeky sod! :lol:

So glad it went well! You're a much braver soul than me... :D

Kate hasnt replied to it. Maybe I should have done it in Braile ;)

Maz Jan 22nd 2007 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad (Post 4313764)
Kate hasnt replied to it. Maybe I should have done it in Braile ;)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10...wahaharoll.gif

poppets Jan 22nd 2007 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad (Post 4313583)
Keep us posted about any side effects :D

:rofl:

karonious Jan 23rd 2007 4:06 am

Originally Posted by dreamfish (Post 4313436)

i went and had the lasek consultation this morning, they had a spare slot, i took them up on it

i dont ever want anyone to go near my eyes again - and if they try they will know about it,
it was the worst experience of my life - even the MRI scan (that felt like how i would imagine its like being buried alive ) was a much better experience than this.

gnawing off my arm whilst sat in a vatt of hissing cockroaches listening to des o'connor is, I imagine, a far more enjoyable experience than this,

having my fingernails pulled out one by one whilst having wool rubbed against my teeth and listening to the sound of nails being dragged down a blackboard and being treated to a Dutch oven by my other half - is indeed, it has to be, a more enjoyable experience than this.

however - altho i will have recurring nightmares for life, at least i can see :D

Well done,
no need to worry about it any more.
Hope it is all you wished it would be.

Nice Guy Jan 23rd 2007 6:36 am

Off topic - I CAN SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Jolly good for you, it's nice to be able to see and read!

dreamfish Jan 23rd 2007 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Nice Guy (Post 4315028)
Jolly good for you, it's nice to be able to see and read!

oi now ur taking the mick. actually amazed i can read that - Jack had the right idea :D
feeling a bit itchy this morning - off to london again later to have the contact lense bandage removed. its snowing too so lets hope i dont get stuck in london!!
i can see objects far away, number plates 2 miles away that kinda thing, but struggling to focus on items up close - guess that will improve over time.
had to wear eye shields in bed last nite - DP thought that very funny.

helinuk Jan 23rd 2007 7:59 am

Respect to you!
Arghh I even hate having the glaucoma test when they blow air onto eyeball! Hope it all goes well for you this morning.
Hxx

poppets Jan 23rd 2007 8:45 am

Originally Posted by dreamfish (Post 4315160)
oi now ur taking the mick. actually amazed i can read that - Jack had the right idea :D
feeling a bit itchy this morning - off to london again later to have the contact lense bandage removed. its snowing too so lets hope i dont get stuck in london!!
i can see objects far away, number plates 2 miles away that kinda thing, but struggling to focus on items up close - guess that will improve over time.
had to wear eye shields in bed last nite - DP thought that very funny.

hope all goes well xx

Littletoe Jan 23rd 2007 9:02 am

Originally Posted by dreamfish (Post 4313436)

I GAGGED reading your post, you just about covered all of my worst fears!! Going by that I can only imagine how awful the procedure would have been. I'm not sure what I expected, but not a scene from a Cronenberg movie!:blink: Anyway, congrats on going for it, yay for vision! :thumbup:

dreamfish Jan 23rd 2007 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Littletoe (Post 4315281)
I GAGGED reading your post, you just about covered all of my worst fears!! Going by that I can only imagine how awful the procedure would have been. I'm not sure what I expected, but not a scene from a Cronenberg movie!:blink: Anyway, congrats on going for it, yay for vision! :thumbup:

heheh - well all went well today at the clinic. took the lenses out, checked over the eye which appears to be healing nicely.

i can actually see an improvement as the day goes on - i could barely see this laptop screen this morning - much better now.

its amazing how quick you can see the benefits. i am really impressed. damaged for life (mentally) but otherwise happy :D