Off roading

Old Oct 20th 2009, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

muddyboots is a jewel in the roughmuddyboots is a jewel in the roughmuddyboots is a jewel in the roughmuddyboots is a jewel in the rough
Default Off roading

My family and I are nearly done with our ita and apart from the odd scare really are looking forward to going. Does anybody on this site do any off roading, if so whats it like over there.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 10:19 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off roading

Originally Posted by muddyboots
My family and I are nearly done with our ita and apart from the odd scare really are looking forward to going. Does anybody on this site do any off roading, if so whats it like over there.
You looking at 4WD or crossers? Either way there is shed loads of stuff, and the Kiwi's are massively passionate about off-roading. Here in ChCh there are numerous tracks and riverbeds to go offroading in, as well as competition trials etc. I don't personally have any first hand experience, but have seen off roaders in the Waimak river beds, up on the port hills, and on the beaches around here. I believe that as land ownership laws here are very restrictive with regards to public access, you need to be careful on where you go, but I reckon you'll find plenty to enjoy.

http://www.nz4wd.co.nz/afawcs0113544/ln-home.html
and
http://chchmx.co.nz/index.php?option...d=13&Itemid=28

are just 2 links from a google on www.google.co.nz - have fun go mad!
Old Oct 20th 2009, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

If its bikes or quads have a look here
http://www.silverbullet.co.nz/
Old Oct 21st 2009, 4:30 am
Banned

Madmaxdeux will become famous soon enough

I do not personally but there is a very good 4wd track near by and I have met quite a fw people (including my neighbour) with a passion for it. I know my neighbour does it because a banger of a 4wd turns up in the paddock and the welding gear appears
Old Oct 21st 2009, 6:49 am
Arrived CHC 23 May 2006

Stevemw is an unknown quantity at this point

I can recommend this book by Ken Sibly:

http://www.fishpond.co.nz/Books/Nonf...ords=ken+sibly

If you are coming to the South Island then his books of South Island routes are supposed to be good too.

Cheers,
Steve (saving up for a snorkel!)
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

My OH off road races for a hobby. He built his Land Rover based race car in UK and we brought it here. He is currently class 8 Thunder Trucks South Island champion and the finals for the New Zealand champs title are this weekend in Christchurch

The events are not as frequent as in the UK and TBH not as well organized. Some quirky regs to!!! They dont generally like Land Rovers preferring the Jap stuff. But hey my hubbys Land Rover is doing pretty well!!

Here are some links

www.oranz.co.nz

www.dirt.co.nz

Hope this helps!!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

muddyboots is a jewel in the roughmuddyboots is a jewel in the roughmuddyboots is a jewel in the roughmuddyboots is a jewel in the rough

thanks for the reply looked at the club scene looks great to me. I think i will get all the gear for jeep over here b4 i go, plus a few years worth of clothes as well lol