Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

October - Flippin heck it's cold.

October - Flippin heck it's cold.

Old Oct 1st 2019, 9:13 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default October - Flippin heck it's cold.

Ums.
Where is Spring . I can see it trying but cannot feel it.
It is flippin' well cold and I am quite hardy I like to think. Back to lighting the log burner , that's for sure.
The gusty wind has arrived again too. I am really hoping that doesn't continue right through to March like last year.
Old Oct 1st 2019, 11:43 pm
`

Default Re: October - Flippin heck it's cold.

Correction:
Argh flippin well frosticle rains .
Old Oct 1st 2019, 11:47 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Correction:
Argh flippin well frosticle rains .
That doesn't sound like much of a Spring. I won't tell you what our Spring's like this year
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it's certainly a bit crisp! I've enjoyed the cooler weather after the intensity of Oz, especially Qld where winter didn't exist or spring or autumn!

I'll probably hit reality and be sick of the cold next year!
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
That doesn't sound like much of a Spring. I won't tell you what our Spring's like this year
Spring is better in Oz and Summer is better in NZ
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

Don't worry, most likely last cold blast before it heats up, spring or usually early spring anyway is inconsistent. Next week gives it to get back up to the late teens
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 2:35 am
`

Originally Posted by paddy234
Don't worry, most likely last cold blast before it heats up, spring or usually early spring anyway is inconsistent. Next week gives it to get back up to the late teens
I've been here 16 years now and noted a change in the weather patterns hereabouts.
I would agree that Oct/ March and for that matter December are changeable. At this time of year though I would expect rains but not freezy cold and high winds.
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Clappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Ums.
Where is Spring . I can see it trying but cannot feel it.
It is flippin' well cold and I am quite hardy I like to think. Back to lighting the log burner , that's for sure.
The gusty wind has arrived again too. I am really hoping that doesn't continue right through to March like last year.
I think Spring has been and gone - the snowdrops and daffodils in my garden in Auckland have all flowered and are now fading away.

It must be summer now.
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Mother Nature has it on for me and my motorbike vicious cross wind and rain Manukau to the Tron today kept trying to slam me into the shoulder.
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I've been snowed on twice this week on my way to work...🙄
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

I am in the Northern Territory right now and it was 40 degrees by 9 AM.
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 8:04 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I've noticed that the weather never really gets better until after Labour weekend.
The wind at my work place was so strong I couldn't get the door to the office open to leave.
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 9:40 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddy234
Spring is better in Oz and Summer is better in NZ
Agreed!
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
I am in the Northern Territory right now and it was 40 degrees by 9 AM.
I've nearly passed out at the thought! 😨
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Justcol
I've been snowed on twice this week on my way to work...🙄
I'd prefer that to 40 degrees by 9am!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.