Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

October 2012 Leavers and NZ arrivals thread.

October 2012 Leavers and NZ arrivals thread.

Old Oct 5th 2012, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

LittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really nice
Default Re: October 2012 Leavers and NZ arrivals thread.

Info update....Leaving Manchester, UK on 8th Oct, arriving In Auckland 10th with OH. Our dog will be coming out in Dec so will wait for that thread for him
Old Oct 5th 2012, 9:31 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

KM15 - Arriving Christchurch 2nd October

Allen1982 + ? arriving Auckland 6th October. Wellington after a months travelling. (lucky people)

Little Monkey , OH and dog yet to be named. Leaving 8th and arriving to Auckland 10th October

Becky and Tom - Arriving Christchurch 10th October

ellenl + OH October 14th, is that leaving or arriving? Arriving Christchurch

evb24 - arriving Auckland 18th October

Hurtle + Four & 3 cats Leaving 24th October, Arriving Wellington ?

Cellmoss + OH and 3 children leaving ? arriving Christchurch ?

AJohnston1984 - Leaving 30th October arriving Auckland 1st November

Rochelleanddan + assuming Dan - Leave 30th arriving Christchurch 31st
Old Oct 6th 2012, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

Hurtle is an unknown quantity at this point

Update on our travel plans.
We leave 24th October, so does the container and the cats fly on the 27th.
We arrive in Auckland on 26th, have lunch with my new employer the fly to Wellington on Saturday 27th.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

alison w is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hurtle
Update on our travel plans.
We leave 24th October, so does the container and the cats fly on the 27th.
We arrive in Auckland on 26th, have lunch with my new employer the fly to Wellington on Saturday 27th.
Good luck
Old Oct 6th 2012, 10:50 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

LittleMonkey must be getting excited now, hopefully all the packing is done

Hope Alan1982 had a good flight and is enjoying the scenery and travels

Allen1982 + ? arriving Auckland 6th October. Wellington after a months travelling. (lucky people)

Little Monkey , OH and dog yet to be named. Leaving 8th and arriving to Auckland 10th October

TJA120712 Guessing leaving 13th and Arriving Auckland 15th

Hurtle + Four & 3 cats Leaving 24th October, Arriving Auckland 26th and Arriving 27th

Last edited by MrsFychan; Oct 6th 2012 at 11:46 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

LittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really nice

We are nearly packed ...too much weight so looking into air freight options!...last minutes stresses too!! But overall excited!
Old Oct 6th 2012, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by LittleMonkey
We are nearly packed ...too much weight so looking into air freight options!...last minutes stresses too!! But overall excited!
Cargo pants and lots of pockets in tops and coats
also make sure each connecting flights have the same weight allowance also most airline allow one hand luggage bag and a laptop bag as take on
Old Oct 7th 2012, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Cargo pants and lots of pockets in tops and coats
also make sure each connecting flights have the same weight allowance also most airline allow one hand luggage bag and a laptop bag as take on

Do they tend to weigh hand luggage?!
Old Oct 7th 2012, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by LittleMonkey

Do they tend to weigh hand luggage?!
some do and some don't it's not worth going over
Old Oct 9th 2012, 2:45 am
Just Joined

Allen1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes we made it safe and sound into Auckland after a crazy week in Hong Kong! We spent a couple of days getting over the flight but we've been up the skytower this morning and we've got all the boring stuff like bank accounts out of the way (the bank is so much friendlier than the UK by the way!) so we're ready to head off to the bay of islands on friday!

Carrying a large backpack is much harder work than it looks - especially is I've had to swap to carry my lovely girlfriends bag as it's too heavy for her (and much heavier than mine!!!)

I'm quite looking forward to setting up home in Wellington in a month's time and getting out of hostels but I'm sure it'll be a month I'll never forget.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 9:38 am

Not heard anything from Becky and Tom but hopefully had a good trip and are getting over jet lag

TJA120712 - have a great flight

Hurtle + Four & 3 cats Leaving 24th October, Arriving Auckland 26th and Arriving 27th

Old Oct 13th 2012, 11:16 pm

ellenarosemary Leaving 29th October Arriving ? on ?

Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:23 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Seems there are a fair few of you arriving just in time for summer
Old Oct 15th 2012, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Hurtle is an unknown quantity at this point

Packers at 8 am this morning. PSS said 4 days packing and 1/2 a day loading the container. Imagine our surprise when the container arrived at 11am!

Few frantic phone calls from the packers and it was sent away again. lol.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Hurtle
Packers at 8 am this morning. PSS said 4 days packing and 1/2 a day loading the container. Imagine our surprise when the container arrived at 11am!

Few frantic phone calls from the packers and it was sent away again. lol.
least you know the container will fit in your road . 4 days packing, how big is your house? ours was 2 days for a 3 bed with the 2nd half of the 2nd day being loading the container, car and all.

also don't forget to get meter readings done and photographed and sent through to company, this is going to be my main piece of advise for some time as still trying to sort mine 10mths after leaving the UK.

Last edited by MrsFychan; Oct 15th 2012 at 7:37 pm. Reason: added to

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.