Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Obama's Grandmother dies on eve of election....

Obama's Grandmother dies on eve of election....

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

elliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud of
Default Obama's Grandmother dies on eve of election....

Not sure if anyone's already posted this;

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/...dma/index.html
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:02 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Obama's Grandmother dies on eve of election....

Originally Posted by elliep
Not sure if anyone's already posted this;

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/...dma/index.html
i was just reading that on a cnn report...very sad.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

elliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud of

Talk about timing... very sad indeed
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

Very sad indeed. RIP Grandmother of Barak Obama.

I remember the pain of losing my own...
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

It's such a shame that she didn't live to see what the election would bring. I hope his family won't be chased around by the press and be left in peace to grieve.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:14 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

I heard she was "retired" because she knew too much. She was going to go public tonight and they decided to take her out. Rogue grannies can sink campaigns.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
I heard she was "retired" because she knew too much. She was going to go public tonight and they decided to take her out. Rogue grannies can sink campaigns.
The Daily Show were set to run with it...
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:55 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

To my surprise, I actually got very teary-eyed when I saw this in the news. It's just so sad that she slipped away one day too soon. My heart goes out to the Obama family in what must be a very bittersweet time for them.

~ Jenney
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:10 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my God....Thats so sad
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:46 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww thats sad, it makes his victory bitter sweet.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Awwww thats sad, it makes his victory bitter sweet.

He ain't won yet. I know she is up there pulling strings though. It is a sad thing to happen on the eve of the election.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 12:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
To my surprise, I actually got very teary-eyed when I saw this in the news. It's just so sad that she slipped away one day too soon. ...

~ Jenney
Me too! I was driving when I heard, and a sudden wave of sadness came over me and my eyes teared up ... the irony of it all, not able to see the Black grandson she raised, at times on food-stamps, probably in an atmosphere of racial pressure, finally reach such an amazing level. The more I learn about his past, the more I like this guy (drugs and all!)
Old Nov 4th 2008, 12:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Such a tragedy that she will miss history in the making tomorrow......god bless her soul for doing such a wonderful job in teaching proper moral and ethical values to her grandkids.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the entire at this very tragic time.