Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Oamaru / Timaru anyone?...

Oamaru / Timaru anyone?...

Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Default Oamaru / Timaru anyone?...

Arriving very soon on my own.. for now
Just wondering if there was anyone in the area?

Im easy going, i wouldn't mind if someone shared with me their local knowledge etc.
Cuppa tea, cofee or a beer would be good too.

Gary..
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Oamaru / Timaru anyone?...

No one then....

Looks like il be billy no mates then.. Oh well..
Old Apr 6th 2011, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Bloody hell... Still no one.. This really is a small town eh..

Gary.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 7:29 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

There was a few about. Is Oamaru or Timaru? I'll try and find 'em for you.

We're up for it but you'd have to do a day or more of driving just to get here
Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS
There was a few about. Is Oamaru or Timaru? I'll try and find 'em for you.

We're up for it but you'd have to do a day or more of driving just to get here
LOL.. It's Oamaru..
Old Apr 10th 2011, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wessa
LOL.. It's Oamaru..
We are a tad further North .......... rolleston
Old Apr 12th 2011, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by alanmacc
We are a tad further North .......... rolleston
Yeah, just a tad Alan..

Nice place that. We was looking around, 3 trs ago when we in NZ last..
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

JenR is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL.. It's Oamaru..
We've recently 'wwoofed' at a campsite there, by the river mouth. The guy who owns it is a nice aussie guy so if you're desperate for friends you could find him!

as for recommendations - there's a restaurant out on the main rd (north of oamaru) which was voted the best in nz by some magazine - we only had morning tea but it was v.nice!

and the tasting platters at the cheese factory were nice too!

yeah not v.helpful but hope that you're settling in and finding your feet xx
Old Jul 10th 2011, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Looks like i am the Only Pom in Oamaru !...

Woo hoo... Ive finally got away from them all...

Seriously tho... Oh, don't worry, i'l be alright, but if ya passing thru, give me a shout eh..

Gary.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

JenR is an unknown quantity at this point

Seriously tho... Oh, don't worry, i'l be alright, but if ya passing thru, give me a shout eh..

Gary.
ah sorry it turned out that you were the only one!

This was the campsite we worked at - http://www.campingoamaru.co.nz/index.html - you could drop in and say hi to Derek!

Or we found a funk night in one of the bars on the old street, it was organised by the retro clothes shop round the corner, they were all v.friendly! x
Old Jul 11th 2011, 6:31 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Gary.
Take your banjo, you'll fit right in
Old Aug 6th 2011, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

rachmac has a brilliant futurerachmac has a brilliant futurerachmac has a brilliant futurerachmac has a brilliant futurerachmac has a brilliant futurerachmac has a brilliant future

I'm hoping to be in Waikiouaiti in about 5 or 6 weeks time, give me a shout closer to the time
Old Aug 8th 2011, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rachmac
I'm hoping to be in Waikiouaiti in about 5 or 6 weeks time, give me a shout closer to the time
Where the hell is that...lol..
Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:43 am
SLH
Forum Regular

SLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud of

Waikouaiti is just north of Dunedin. http://www.waikouaiti.co.nz/
Old Aug 8th 2011, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

rachmac has a brilliant futurerachmac has a brilliant futurerachmac has a brilliant futurerachmac has a brilliant futurerachmac has a brilliant futurerachmac has a brilliant future

Yeah, what they said

I think the boulders are about half way, I'll meet you on the third one on the right

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.