NZs unemployment

Old Nov 12th 2009, 5:53 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZs unemployment

I think unemployment must be more of a problem at the moment in Auckland than say in the South Is. They seem to have higher peaks and deeper troughs than elsewhere.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

well i am christchurch based

and yes i agree... there seems to be less peaks and troughs down here
Old Nov 12th 2009, 9:27 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southerner
I think unemployment must be more of a problem at the moment in Auckland than say in the South Is. They seem to have higher peaks and deeper troughs than elsewhere.
I would have thought Auckland would have the most opportunities being the largest city and all. I'd love to live in the South but OH says most of the ICT jobs are in Auckland and Wellington. We'll probably try Welly if we ever get there.

Wishing all those looking for jobs the best of luck and you get one very soon.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

I've been out of work since the end of June and have only had six weeks work in that time frame. Nothing like being well qualified and from out of country it seems to me. That is to say, best be from here when looking for work it seems.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 9:00 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ
I've been out of work since the end of June and have only had six weeks work in that time frame. Nothing like being well qualified and from out of country it seems to me. That is to say, best be from here when looking for work it seems.
Here in Egypt it's the opposite

Hope you find something soon
Old Nov 18th 2009, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kija
Here in Egypt it's the opposite

Hope you find something soon
In the U.K. it's the opposite too
Old Nov 19th 2009, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

sorry to hear youre out of work.

I guess employability has many factors to it.
i personally havent struck a "locals" first attitude but that doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

Again i have to say that i my line of work.. we are seeing the continuation of a lot o infrastructure projects that i guess "have" to go ahead.. to much money spent getting them to this point to stop them.

Also compliance with government regulations is something that doesnt stop for a recession.
So there is still plenty of that sort of work rolling in through the door.

If i had to characterize the recession to date.. and i hope i'm not going to jinx myself.. business has slowed to the point where you can breath.. from the madness of the last 8 years.. but its showing signs of picking up again

hope everyone gets into jobs soon

DeepSix