NZs unemployment

Old Nov 4th 2009, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default NZs unemployment

Apparently its at its worst for 15 years. Alas one of the down sides to NZ at present. By contrast I hear that Oz is the most bouyant economy in the world..but even there in Western Oz nurses are finding it hard to secure work.

Just a caveat. Telling it like it is. Another contrast is house prices in Auckland..on the up apparently. Poor Alan Bollard does not know what to do at the Reserve Bank. If he puts up rates he looks foolish cos he said he wouldn't until late 2010 however if he does not the housing mkt could spike..as could the dollar..which we all know is waaaaaaaaaay too strong for the welfare of NZ just now. Tricky times afoot. Fiscal maelstrom in our wings??
Old Nov 4th 2009, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all
Default Re: NZs unemployment

Our local paper has more advertisments for 'Work Wanted' than there are job vacancies being advertised.

My friend is a plumber and gasfitter and he cannot get any permenant work at the moment, all he gets offered are a few maintainece and DIY jobs, which he is grateful for but he is becoming very despondant due to the lack of vacancies, he has asked every plumbing compnay in the district and he is being met with the same replies "Sorry cannot afford to take any new staff on".
Old Nov 5th 2009, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

I spoke to someone who said things seemed like they were picking up in NZ engineering, not sure what to think?
Old Nov 5th 2009, 9:03 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perry Groves
I spoke to someone who said things seemed like they were picking up in NZ engineering, not sure what to think?
OH's is a Mechanical Engineer in Water & Wastewater treatment & it is impossible to find a job...

At the moment, he is a Retail assistant... Part Time @ $11 an hour... In the UK he was earning 3times more than me...

Big slap in our faces if you ask me...

There are opportunities in OZ but seems that companies are not willing to pay for Visas & stuff...
Old Nov 5th 2009, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perry Groves
Not a lot at the moment. I'm job hunting at the moment, Mech Eng. Cad & it's very sparse.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 9:50 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

not much hope for me then Im job hunting but dont even hear back with a thank you from some! and dont even get a interview!! annoying
Old Nov 7th 2009, 5:47 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matewx

Big slap in our faces if you ask me...

Why?

Just asking...

3,000 people queued in one of our cities for a job in a shop. It was a big shop. 3,000 people who included solicitors, doctors and every other profession you could think of. I can't help wondering why you think you'd get a job in someone else's country in the middle of a recession. I know that if I was at home and looking for a job and it went to a foreigner I'd be very pissed off. Wouldn't you?
Old Nov 7th 2009, 6:23 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batty
Why?

Just asking...

3,000 people queued in one of our cities for a job in a shop. It was a big shop. 3,000 people who included solicitors, doctors and every other profession you could think of. I can't help wondering why you think you'd get a job in someone else's country in the middle of a recession. I know that if I was at home and looking for a job and it went to a foreigner I'd be very pissed off. Wouldn't you?
Are you REALLY asking me why???

Have you heard of skill shortage?

Every day in this world thousands n thousands of people are migrating from one country to another to do just what we are doing...
Old Nov 7th 2009, 6:35 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Are you REALLY asking me why???

Have you heard of skill shortage?

Every day in this world thousands n thousands of people are migrating from one country to another to do just what we are doing...
Yes, I am REALLY asking you why. Why should YOU rather than a returning Kiwi, say, get the job? Unless you have a skill that's unique in the world you will have competition for any job. And not so many people are actually migrating at the moment - the cry that's gone up is that there is 'nowhere to go'. Maybe you need to be better informed.

And by the way, if your second question is any indication of your attitude I can understand why you're finding it difficult. Please do not patronise, it's very unattractive and really pees people off.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 6:44 am
Live from CHCH...

Yes, I am REALLY asking you why. Why should YOU rather than a returning Kiwi, say, get the job? Unless you have a skill that's unique in the world you will have competition for any job. And not so many people are actually migrating at the moment - the cry that's gone up is that there is 'nowhere to go'. Maybe you need to be better informed.

And by the way, if your second question is any indication of your attitude I can understand why you're finding it difficult. Please do not patronise, it's very unattractive and really pees people off.
I have a job and perhaps it could have been given to a returning kiwi but it wasn't....

As far as being informed, I have many times on here said that we did not do our researches as well as we should have... So thanks for your advice but I've reached this conclusion already.

Am very sorry if you feel am patronising... But please, do not ask stupid questions, they're annoying & p*ss me off (oh yeah I say me & not people as I talk for myself, not the others )
Old Nov 7th 2009, 7:06 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a job and perhaps it could have been given to a returning kiwi but it wasn't....

As far as being informed, I have many times on here said that we did not do our researches as well as we should have... So thanks for your advice but I've reached this conclusion already.

Am very sorry if you feel am patronising... But please, do not ask stupid questions, they're annoying & p*ss me off (oh yeah I say me & not people as I talk for myself, not the others )
Agree with you she's annoying the he'll out me also, but such is life
Old Nov 7th 2009, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Agree with you she's annoying the he'll out me also, but such is life
Agree with both of you that Batty is being uncharacteristically aggressive here....how about NZIS stems the in-flow in a more timely way maybe...not exactly easy to get here after all.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickey_d
Not a lot at the moment. I'm job hunting at the moment, Mech Eng. Cad & it's very sparse.
Ironically, I still get potential CAD work offers here in the U.K.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 8:43 am
Banned

jillyfar is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it really that bad in New Zealand now? We are planning to come out in a weeks time and hubs has already got 5 jobs lined up. We do not know where we are going at this stage but hope to have a better life than what the UK is heading.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

Batty - why are you being so aggressive whats your nationality! You mentioned Doctors queuing for a job in a shop, why when agencies are targeting UK doctors and nurses to come over from the UK because we have the skills and NZ has the shortage of these skills

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.