Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZ's future..does it have one?

NZ's future..does it have one?

Old Jun 15th 2011, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Charlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant future
Default Re: NZ's future..does it have one?

Originally Posted by Genesis
Blimey..spookey or what?? My oldest chum lives in Mkt H!!! He works in your awesome high end wine shop. Mkt H is a lovely place and indeed polar to to NN1. Had we been able to afford the type and size of house we wanted in MH..plus jubs for us both I doubt we would have left the UK! Ah, memories of the Swan pub..you got a few good curry houses too..and the Cherry Tree!!
Very spookey! Mind you, I could write at least a chapter on 'spookiness', like the time we were in Hawaii in May 1990, and went to an organised beach BBQ and guess what? Our best Kiwi friends, who we did not meet until we emigrated to NZ in 1999, were not only at the same BBQ (it was their honeymoon), but they are actually captured in the background in one of our photos!!!

Your oldest chum - Duncan Murray by any chance? Wifey was in there on Saturday buying a few bottles of NZ Cliff Edge Sauvignon Blanc!

Three Swans a nice place to go, whilst the Cherry Tree has a nice beer garden!

There will always be a warm welcome for you and the family in MH!
Old Jun 15th 2011, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mpg
Very spookey! Mind you, I could write at least a chapter on 'spookiness', like the time we were in Hawaii in May 1990, and went to an organised beach BBQ and guess what? Our best Kiwi friends, who we did not meet until we emigrated to NZ in 1999, were not only at the same BBQ (it was their honeymoon), but they are actually captured in the background in one of our photos!!!

Your oldest chum - Duncan Murray by any chance? Wifey was in there on Saturday buying a few bottles of NZ Cliff Edge Sauvignon Blanc!

Three Swans a nice place to go, whilst the Cherry Tree has a nice beer garden!

There will always be a warm welcome for you and the family in MH!
Cheers mate! Duncan is the chap who owns the shop, my mate Nick works for him. I was at a wedding last year in Palmy and on my table was a lady ( who has been in NZ 15 odd years)....went to school in Ilford with my sister!!!
Old Jun 15th 2011, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Charlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Genesis
Cheers mate! Duncan is the chap who owns the shop, my mate Nick works for him. I was at a wedding last year in Palmy and on my table was a lady ( who has been in NZ 15 odd years)....went to school in Ilford with my sister!!!
...and I lived very close to Ilford (Chadwell Heath, just off Barley Lane) in the late eighties!

I will seek out Nick next time I am buying my wine!
Old Jun 15th 2011, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mpg
...and I lived very close to Ilford (Chadwell Heath, just off Barley Lane) in the late eighties!

I will seek out Nick next time I am buying my wine!
Well, well, well. Nick and I shared a bed sit house in the very late 70s..just by the White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath!!
Old Jun 15th 2011, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

I grew up in Ilford, married and moved to Chadwell Heath, then onwards and upwards to Clayhall, after divorce moved to Harold Wood! 'Tis a small world eh! But I don't know your 'Nick'
Old Jun 15th 2011, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
I think this is punctuation confusion; I suspect dannigirl means unskilled (like working in mines) OR trades, not that a trade is unskilled.
Definitely my bad punctuation and grammar!!! I meant, unskilled OR working in the mines OR in a trade. Don't worry Bevs I definitely do not underestimate the skills and knowledge involved in a trade. I am the first in my family to go to (and finish) University, so I have no illusions about trades et al.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cappuccino
I grew up in Ilford, married and moved to Chadwell Heath, then onwards and upwards to Clayhall, after divorce moved to Harold Wood! 'Tis a small world eh! But I don't know your 'Nick'
Well its not like NZ is it whereever you go you meet someone who knows you!!?? I spent a week in Clayhall over xmas. I could not believe how many cars there were everywhere. On the road, on people's front gardens, etc, etc. It was like being inside a huge NCP!!!