Reload this Page >

NZQA - qualifications assesment

NZQA - qualifications assesment

Old Nov 26th 2006, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

KERR is on a distinguished road
Default NZQA - qualifications assesment

Hi all,

I am in the process of getting my wife's qualifications assessed to bump up our score and am filling in the form for the NZQA online.

Now, she has a HND in disability studies from the University College of Wales Newport, which is the institution which awarded the qualification and the certificate but she never actually set foot in place.

She studied at our local college for three years which was franchised by the university to teach the subject and where she attended to gain her qualification.

So do I put the address of the university or the address of the local college?

Sorry if this seems dull question, but I did not want the NZQA contacting the university and them not having a record of her attending there, likewise I did not want them to research our local college and being confused that it was awarded elsewhere ...

So.. what do you think???

Kerr
Old Nov 26th 2006, 10:56 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZQA - qualifications assesment

Originally Posted by KERR
Hi all,

I am in the process of getting my wife's qualifications assessed to bump up our score and am filling in the form for the NZQA online.

Now, she has a HND in disability studies from the University College of Wales Newport, which is the institution which awarded the qualification and the certificate but she never actually set foot in place.

She studied at our local college for three years which was franchised by the university to teach the subject and where she attended to gain her qualification.

Sorry if this seems dull question, but I did not want the NZQA contacting the university and them not having a record of her attending there, likewise I did not want them to research our local college and being confused that it was awarded elsewhere ...

Kerr
Have you registered on NZIS yet? When you fill in your EOI there is a list of acceptable qualifications and recognisable institutes there.

Hope it helps
Old Nov 27th 2006, 1:32 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KERR
Hi all,

Kerr
I'm sort of in the same boat. I did my degree at what was then Nene College in Northampton, but my degree says Leicester University, as that's who awarded the degrees. I have no problem saying I have a degree from Leicester, as that's what it says on the certificate. But I'll always say I attended Nene College of Higher Education, now called the University of Northampton. This is not an uncommon practice, just be honest about it and you'll be fine.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 10:09 am
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

Sent my form of about 3 wks ago. No acknowledgement yet - depsite me emailling asking. I know they have it coz they;ve charged me!

They were dead quick in reply to my query about which adress to send it to!

Any similar problems?
Old Nov 27th 2006, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

KERR is on a distinguished road

Thanks, Sent it off now, just put in the University that awarded the qualification, see what happens.

Yep, I registered on the NZIS and am filling in the form, my engineering qualifications are covered on there but cannot see my wifes.

Sniffydog, thought the agency promise to get things done within 10 working days if no complications.

Kerr
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:34 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

Apologies for late response - didnt pick up your question!! Didnt use an agency - got by report back in Jan (14th ish) - you?