Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZQA Documents Submission

NZQA Documents Submission

Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Celticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud of
Default NZQA Documents Submission

Hi All,

Just found out the hard way.

When you are submitting paperwork for your Qualifications, include the original documents that show the Subjects you studied with your Certificate.

Thats another week to wait. Hoping this comes back as a Level 6 grade or will waste the Medical fees and loose out in the ITA part.

Ian.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NZQA Documents Submission

Yep we found out the hard way too! Best thing with NZQA me thinks is load them down with anything and everything you have - certificates/transcripts/UK qualification level evidence/tutors shoe size etc. you name it!

Liff
Old Aug 21st 2009, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Celticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud of

Hi All,

Now am beginning to panic. Sent off the required documents on Aug 12th and they still have not received them.

How long does it normally take for an A4 letter to arrive in the post? got no way of tracking it down as sent via normal Airmail.

The original Cerficates arrived safely but not the transcripts. All because they would not accept the emailed PDF copies.

If the transcript paperwork has been lost, dont know what I am going to do, another week gone by, so much for the Fast Track way.

Medicals booked first week September

hope we get better news soon, going to be a loonnnngg weekend waiting for news update.

Ian.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Jo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really nice

In my experience, airmail has taken anything from 3-8 days for items I have sent.
I have just been requested to have my qualification fully assessed, even though originally I was told it was not required, unfortunately my qualifications paperwork is already in NZ with the EWRB for my license application, so until it arrives back I can't send to NZQA, (been there 8 weeks).

Pinning my hopes on a confirmed job offer soon so I can forget all this assessment stuff

Open a bottle the week end will pass by quicker
Old Aug 26th 2009, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Hi All,

Looks like my Documents have gone a miss in the Post. Been over 2 weeks now and they still have received them.

Gained qual back in 1995, Is it possible that the Awarding Body are able to present me with another set of Transcripts of my Course? At least NZQA apparently still have my Certificate safely.

Have got medicals booked for Sept 3rd. Do I still go ahead with these or perhaps re-book for a later date?

Ian.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 6:56 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Celticknight
Hi All,

Looks like my Documents have gone a miss in the Post. Been over 2 weeks now and they still have received them.

Gained qual back in 1995, Is it possible that the Awarding Body are able to present me with another set of Transcripts of my Course? At least NZQA apparently still have my Certificate safely.

Have got medicals booked for Sept 3rd. Do I still go ahead with these or perhaps re-book for a later date?

Ian.
Gosh, I don't know I'm afraid Ian - have you tried ringing the issuing body and asking them? What a pain in the proverbial? Maybe someone who has been down the same road may be along to offer better advice. My sympathies mate.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
Ian.
Hi Ian, I didn't have any of my 'stuff' for my teaching degree gained in 1986 but contacted the Uni (as it is called now) and they sent a complete transcript of the course and all my marks, beautifully bound for £25. I also got a replacement Certificate, CNAA no longer around to do it but now done by Open Uni (?).
I photocopied everything including the whole transcript, not sure why really as they sent everything back when they sent my Level notification.
Good luck
Old Aug 26th 2009, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future

Hi Ian,

I also had a replacement certificate isued by the Open Uni as the UCE, which I graduated from, has since morphed into Birmingham City Uni - and my original cert was from the CNAA - go figure

I had never had a transcript (graduated in 1992) but found one easy to get from the uni - whatever it's now called!!!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies and messages of support.

There was no mention in the beginning that I was to send all the documents to NZQA.

I sent the Transcripts as an emailed PDF, but they wanted the Originals, and these as the ones that have not turned up. so I still have a copy myself, much good it does tho.

In this day and age, we are still relying on a Stamp and Envelope.

Waiting to hear back from NZQA as to what happens next. Maddening as I paid for the Fast Track way.

The college where I did my HND has changed names twice since 1995. It appears that BTEC became Edexcel in 1996 so may have to make a few phone calls tomorrow otherwise. Biggest head ache is ready to fork out £800 for Medicals next week and Quals not being verified. If they were to come back as not being at the required Level 6. then ITA and NZ dream will be broken and out of pocket on Medicals.

Oh well, till the next thrilling installment, Just had a phone call with an Estate Agent we met at Manchester Expo last year and met up with again when down in NZ this May.

Told him all about my problems................. Think should consider Australia instead methinks, would make a Great Whinging POM me. can always find something to moan about.

Ian.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Hi All,

The Documents haVe finally turned up in some ones in-tray. Only taken 3 weeks to arrive by Air MAil,

Await the final report outcome now.

Next hurdle is the Medicals on Thursday. Paperwork to fill in tonight, remember also to include the new photos........... oh, and passport.

Prepare for the next Thrilling installment........

Ian.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Hi All,

The Documents haVe finally turned up in some ones in-tray. Only taken 3 weeks to arrive by Air MAil,

Await the final report outcome now.

Next hurdle is the Medicals on Thursday. Paperwork to fill in tonight, remember also to include the new photos........... oh, and passport.

Prepare for the next Thrilling installment........

Ian.
Hi Ian
good luck with the medicals this week - thats a whole new can of worms
My OH had his qualification 'qualified by NZQA way back. When we got the ITA paperwork though they wanted proof of the 'undergraduate' qualification that supported the 'postgraduate' diploma that he has.
Unfortunately he didnt need to do a 'undergraduate' thing to do it - he got through to do the qualification based on work experience so hes had to go back to the uni and ask for something to prove that it was the right thing to do, in the right way and then get someone to sign a letter on headed notepaper to that effect - it arrived at the sorting office on friday morning and we handed it in with our ITA paperwork last friday - theres nothing like last minute
All the best - remember - deep breath during the xray x
Old Sep 8th 2009, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hi All,

Just received all my Documents back from NZQA, Good News,(I think) they have giving me the required Level 6, but in Electrotechnology

Will have to email them back later to see if this "Electrotechnology" covers the required "Electronics" portion of the points I need.

Ian.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hi All,

Here is the definitive answer, Electrotechnology everything Electrical / Electronic

see the following link which shows all the categories.

http://www.kiwiquals.govt.nz/bin/nqfdocs/pdf/1313.pdf

hope its is of use.

Ian.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Hi All,

Here is the definitive answer, Electrotechnology everything Electrical / Electronic

see the following link which shows all the categories.

http://www.kiwiquals.govt.nz/bin/nqfdocs/pdf/1313.pdf

hope its is of use.

Ian.
hello, its nosey again
I hope this was the right answer for you. Glad things are progressing now and you can stop sweating a bit.
How long do you reckon it will take you before you have everything together to hand in your ITA and put the ball back in their court 'so to speak'?

x
Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi All,

Now am beginning to panic. Sent off the required documents on Aug 12th and they still have not received them.

How long does it normally take for an A4 letter to arrive in the post? got no way of tracking it down as sent via normal Airmail.

The original Cerficates arrived safely but not the transcripts. All because they would not accept the emailed PDF copies.

If the transcript paperwork has been lost, dont know what I am going to do, another week gone by, so much for the Fast Track way.

Medicals booked first week September

hope we get better news soon, going to be a loonnnngg weekend waiting for news update.

Ian.
Oh yes, the medicals - i forgot

Did you have them yet? How did they go?
Expensive in it!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.