NZIS Website

Old Jul 26th 2005, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of
Default NZIS Website

Hi All,
Thanks to everybody who replied to my 'Crisis of Confidence' thread the other day, I'm now feeling much better about things. I sent the ITA via Royal Mail recorded delivery and according to their tracking service it has now been delivered.
So, here's my question for the day! Will my application status change on the NZIS website as things happen, or is that just for EOI's?
Cheers to all!
Mark
Old Jul 26th 2005, 2:18 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZIS Website

Hi Mark

Glad to see you're feeling a bit more confident..bless...
Don't know the answer to this one coz we haven't got that far yet but I'm sure someone on here will be able to tell you...

Won't be long now til you can do a 'Got it' thread...woohoo...
Old Jul 26th 2005, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Hi Mark

Glad to see you're feeling a bit more confident..bless...
Don't know the answer to this one coz we haven't got that far yet but I'm sure someone on here will be able to tell you...

Won't be long now til you can do a 'Got it' thread...woohoo...
Hi Caroline,
But you're probably only a week or so away from posting it aren't you?
By the way, I did give the parcel a kiss before handing it in and I did get a funny look!! NZIS will have a laugh as well when they open it. The x-ray plates where about 2 feet square and the only box we had that was big enough to fit everything in was for a baby mat. I got it out of the loft. I think I managed to get rid of most of the cobwebs before we packed it.
Mark
Old Jul 26th 2005, 2:35 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, hopefully our meds will arrive by the end of the week and then we are going to hand deliver BUT I've got to go to a hen night this saturday so that's this weekend out and OH has got to go to the stag do next weekend so that would mean we can't go until weekend of Saturday 13th August unless OH gets some days off and we go midweek...

Otherwise, we will have to courier it down and get all of our copies certified which I haven't done yet coz you don't need to if you are handing over the originals at NZ House...

Who did you use to get yours there Mark...did you courier or just use recorded delivery??? Anybody else use a courier for theirs???
Old Jul 26th 2005, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Yep, hopefully our meds will arrive by the end of the week and then we are going to hand deliver BUT I've got to go to a hen night this saturday so that's this weekend out and OH has got to go to the stag do next weekend so that would mean we can't go until weekend of Saturday 13th August unless OH gets some days off and we go midweek...

Otherwise, we will have to courier it down and get all of our copies certified which I haven't done yet coz you don't need to if you are handing over the originals at NZ House...

Who did you use to get yours there Mark...did you courier or just use recorded delivery??? Anybody else use a courier for theirs???
We used the Royal Mail, just recorded delivery. It cost about £10 and took two days. You can use their website to track it as well (well, when it's delivered anyway). You'd probably be better off sending yours the same way or using a courier (I can recommend FedEx by the way). It's not cheap but cheaper than coming all the way down to London I should think?
We didn't bother getting certified copies. We sent the originals with photocopies. They return the originals when they are finished with them (I hope, gulp! )
Mark
Old Jul 26th 2005, 3:09 pm
Don't let me get me....

Originally Posted by Markk
We used the Royal Mail, just recorded delivery. It cost about £10 and took two days. You can use their website to track it as well (well, when it's delivered anyway). You'd probably be better off sending yours the same way or using a courier (I can recommend FedEx by the way). It's not cheap but cheaper than coming all the way down to London I should think?
We didn't bother getting certified copies. We sent the originals with photocopies. They return the originals when they are finished with them (I hope, gulp! )
Mark
I was a bit nervous about sending originals in the post, gulp, and so if we end up mailing it I will probably get certified copies done instead...but at £5 a sheet (bloody highway robbers) it's a bit costly....probably cost us less in petrol to get there and back!!! and we were going to make a weekend of it anyway and go and see some of the sites so not too worried about the expense of hand delivering - we wouldn't come all the way down just to hand it in though... it's just the time factor that is an issue...unless OH can get a few days off during the week we would have to wait a couple of weeks before we could make a weekend of it if you see what I mean and we all know that I don't do 'waiting' very well...
Old Jul 26th 2005, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

MV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant future

Hi Caroline,
But you're probably only a week or so away from posting it aren't you?
By the way, I did give the parcel a kiss before handing it in and I did get a funny look!! NZIS will have a laugh as well when they open it. The x-ray plates where about 2 feet square and the only box we had that was big enough to fit everything in was for a baby mat. I got it out of the loft. I think I managed to get rid of most of the cobwebs before we packed it.
Mark
did u send the plates omg i didnt i thought the panel docter examining the plates and giving then the all clear on the medical form ould be good enough ....i sent all mine yesterday should have got there today
Old Jul 26th 2005, 4:11 pm
Don't let me get me....

Originally Posted by MV5555
did u send the plates omg i didnt i thought the panel docter examining the plates and giving then the all clear on the medical form ould be good enough ....i sent all mine yesterday should have got there today
Don't panic!! Our Doc told us we didn't need to send the plates either - but it would seem that not all the Doc's are singing to the same hymn sheet so if yours told you not to send them then that will be fine - if NZIS decide they need to see them then they'll ask you for them...don't worry...
Old Jul 26th 2005, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

I was a bit nervous about sending originals in the post, gulp, and so if we end up mailing it I will probably get certified copies done instead...but at £5 a sheet (bloody highway robbers) it's a bit costly....probably cost us less in petrol to get there and back!!! and we were going to make a weekend of it anyway and go and see some of the sites so not too worried about the expense of hand delivering - we wouldn't come all the way down just to hand it in though... it's just the time factor that is an issue...unless OH can get a few days off during the week we would have to wait a couple of weeks before we could make a weekend of it if you see what I mean and we all know that I don't do 'waiting' very well...
Who quoted you £5 a sheet Caroline, you can get it done a lot cheaper than that! I did a load of stuff at the end of last year for 25p per sheet. It's worth shopping around solicitors in your area as it will vary a lot!!!
Old Jul 26th 2005, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MV5555
Hi MV5555,
Don't worry about the plates, I was also told that you needn't send them if there was nothing wrong. My clinic were a bit funny though because they wouldn't tell me over the phone that there was definately nothing wrong, but they also told us we couldn't open the package they sent us containing the results! In the end we just sent the lot. What's a few pounds when you're spending thousands anyway!
Mark
Old Jul 26th 2005, 7:44 pm
Don't let me get me....

Who quoted you £5 a sheet Caroline, you can get it done a lot cheaper than that! I did a load of stuff at the end of last year for 25p per sheet. It's worth shopping around solicitors in your area as it will vary a lot!!!
My solicitor that's who!!! And this was after I'd offered them the conveyancing for the house etc - she should have been wearing a bloody mask!!!

You can get it done at the magistrates court for nothing but I have such a huge wadge that needs doing I'd feel like a right heel holding up the proceedings for about an hour...plus my OH's dad is a magistrate and if he is on the bench that day it could kind of blow us out of the water!!! LOL...
Old Jul 26th 2005, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

My solicitor that's who!!! And this was after I'd offered them the conveyancing for the house etc - she should have been wearing a bloody mask!!!

You can get it done at the magistrates court for nothing but I have such a huge wadge that needs doing I'd feel like a right heel holding up the proceedings for about an hour...plus my OH's dad is a magistrate and if he is on the bench that day it could kind of blow us out of the water!!! LOL...
You'd be better off using our solicitor down here and spending the difference on a flight to New Zealand!!!
Old Jul 26th 2005, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
So, here's my question for the day! Will my application status change on the NZIS website as things happen, or is that just for EOI's?
Cheers to all!
Mark

Hi Markk
don't think so - havn't checked for a while but we've got our visa's and it still says EOI application successful!
Old Jul 26th 2005, 8:15 pm
Don't let me get me....

You'd be better off using our solicitor down here and spending the difference on a flight to New Zealand!!!
I reckon I've got enough copies that need certifying which at £5 a copy would pay for one of us to get to NZ!!! fingers crossed we'll be able to hand deliver and spend the money on a weekend in a luxury hotel without the nippers...now that sounds even better to me...
Old Jul 26th 2005, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Joshlin
Hi Markk
don't think so - havn't checked for a while but we've got our visa's and it still says EOI application successful!
Hi Joshlin,
Sounds like the old waiting game again then!!
Mark