Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZ in the Winter. Not nice!

NZ in the Winter. Not nice!

Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:01 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ in the Winter. Not nice!

Originally Posted by bro69
I am sorry you feel that way I meant it in good taste Jade is a hero of mine she inspired me to take every opportunity and let nothing hold you back. I am going to call all my children Jade. The worst thing about living in NZ is not seeing her beautiful face every day in heat magazine and not being able to watch her on Big Brother. I think everyone could learn something from Jade.
How NOT to behave in the public eye?!!

Yes, she sure is a role model to our children and a good representation of our culture. Don't you just love it when the working class get rich quick?!!! Amusing. Very amusing.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Littletoe

Yes, she sure is a role model to our children and a good representation of our culture. Don't you just love it when the working class get rich quick?!!! Amusing. Very amusing.
Sounds a bit snobby!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:17 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Sounds a bit snobby!

Whoops, should have used a disclaimer in my post well!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:20 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Sounds a bit snobby!
I don't think it sounds snobby at all!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

You can be working class and reasonably bright as well. She is just a dumdass!!!!!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:30 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
You can be working class and reasonably bright as well.
Absolutely - just look at me!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

justinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to all

Don't you just love it when the working class get rich quick?!!! Amusing. Very amusing.
Let's hope the next time you go into hospital the working class folk looking after you have noted your comment.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light
Angry Re: NZ in the Winter. Not nice!

good on the first poster, I totally agree.

New Zealand houses make no sense what so ever. For a country that claims to be green and eco friendly have houses with no insulation is not just stupid but also unethical.

Having no central heating means most resort to either LPG cabinet heater or wood burners. Both only heat one room, and both dangerous, the lpg heaters are banned in many countries.

The stupid argument that is made by the delusional is also ridiculous. How would anyone expect housing to be this poor in a supposedly modern country. How would anyone planning to emigrate to NZ find out how bad housing is. It is not normal to wake up and see your breath misting up, you shouldnt be going to bed in a cold damp room.

Ive never needed to wear jogging pants, jumper, gloves and this socks under a 13 tog duvet, blanket and sheet in any country i have lived in before new zealand.

Oh and people who jump down the throat of those who dare to say the truth and write negative posts should think first. Like one of the early posters said

"Anything positive to say? I have to agree with the other chap re moaning. How long have you been here? Did you not know what you were getting your self into temp. wise????"

well perhaps he would know what he was getting himself into before he arrived if people felt able to write negative as well as positive posts without the fear of being ridiculed or having the posts removed.

In 2 weeks time I leave for Melbourne, yeah its cold there too but man im going to be really choosey on where I live, no more sheds for me thanks new zealand.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugo

New Zealand houses make no sense what so ever. For a country that claims to be green and eco friendly have houses with no insulation is not just stupid but also unethical.
Excellent point. The eco friendly claim is so not true in other ways as well.

Having no central heating means most resort to either LPG cabinet heater or wood burners. Both only heat one room, and both dangerous, the lpg heaters are banned in many countries.

The stupid argument that is made by the delusional is also ridiculous. How would anyone expect housing to be this poor in a supposedly modern country. How would anyone planning to emigrate to NZ find out how bad housing is. It is not normal to wake up and see your breath misting up, you shouldnt be going to bed in a cold damp room.
It is actually very hard to find information on the internet about the reality of life in NZ. This site can be so useful for that, and luckily there are some who are willing to brave the occasionally insulting or ungracious retort and post honestly about their experiences.

Good luck in Melbourne!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:52 pm
Sweeeeet!

Originally Posted by justinthyme
Let's hope the next time you go into hospital the working class folk looking after you have noted your comment.
Luckily I'm not the UK anymore, so I've not experienced the incompetence that is the NHS for a long time. All the better of the English staff have left as well, so I shall continue to enjoy good, quality healthcare for a long time to come.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:54 pm
Sweeeeet!

Ive never needed to wear jogging pants, jumper, gloves and this socks under a 13 tog duvet, blanket and sheet in any country i have lived in before new zealand.

Oh and people who jump down the throat of those who dare to say the truth and write negative posts should think first. Like one of the early posters said

"Anything positive to say? I have to agree with the other chap re moaning. How long have you been here? Did you not know what you were getting your self into temp. wise????"

well perhaps he would know what he was getting himself into before he arrived if people felt able to write negative as well as positive posts without the fear of being ridiculed or having the posts removed.

In 2 weeks time I leave for Melbourne, yeah its cold there too but man im going to be really choosey on where I live, no more sheds for me thanks new zealand.

I guess your'll be joining the Australian forum then?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

justinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to all

Luckily I'm not the UK anymore, so I've not experienced the incompetence that is the NHS for a long time. All the better of the English staff have left as well, so I shall continue to enjoy good, quality healthcare for a long time to come.
I'm pleased for you. One assumes that someone of your class would be a private patient anyway ?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:56 pm
Sweeeeet!

Originally Posted by justinthyme
I'm pleased for you. One assumes that someone of your class would be a private patient anyway ?

Depends what I need. Would definetly be private in the UK.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Apple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant future

Not in my house! We have a fully insulated 1920s house.
Not in my house! The log burner is efficient, eco friendly, fantastic and heats the whole house.
Not in my house! Don't have any cold damp rooms, much dryer than the house I lived in in Cambridge.
Not in my house! Not commenting on what I wear (or don't wear) to bed - suffice to say that with a winter thickness woolen duvet the bed is snug as a bug in a rug. We have the electric blanket on for 30 min before we go to bed, so snug and warm.

By the way, Melbourne is not a tropical paradise either, and if you read the aussie boards, you may find that there is the same situation there... of course you wouldn't be so silly as to choose to live in a damp house with no insulation and no heating, would you?

Edited to add, have those in Christchurch seen the forecast for the next few days - we may be getting our first southerly storm coming through... hope it snows! Hope all the ski bunnies out there are waxed and ready, ski season here we come =)

Last edited by Apple13; Jun 20th 2007 at 10:40 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 11:02 pm
Sweeeeet!

Originally Posted by Apple13
By the way, Melbourne is not a tropical paradise either, and if you read the aussie boards, you may find that there is the same situation there... of course you wouldn't be so silly as to choose to live in a damp house with no insulation and no heating, would you?

Edited to add, have those in Christchurch seen the forecast for the next few days - we may be getting our first southerly storm coming through... hope it snows! Hope all the ski bunnies out there are waxed and ready, ski season here we come =)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.