NZ Winter 2016

Old Apr 17th 2016, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default NZ Winter 2016

Today has been the first time we've had to light the fire this winter. I've also put the electric blanket on the bed today too.

Gill and Rob
Old Apr 17th 2016, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of
Default Re: NZ Winter 2016

Here is Christchurch while the afternoons are pretty warm and quite hot in the sun at times the mornings are alot colder than usual for this time of year. I hope this doesn't mean we are in for a cold winter
Old Apr 17th 2016, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Woh and I'm contemplating putting the air con on for an hour before I go to bed cos it's warm as!
Old Apr 17th 2016, 10:54 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob View Post
Today has been the first time we've had to light the fire this winter. I've also put the electric blanket on the bed today too.

Gill and Rob
Aren't we only half way through autumn? It's not winter for another 6 weeks.

What's the temps like by you Gill and Rob?
Old Apr 17th 2016, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Rarely have we gotten to the end of April before giving in to temptation and we're just on the cusp. I feel we might just scrape through another week. I have finally succumbed to having to wear long pants around the house and have given up on the shorts; I don't think they'll be seeing the light of day for a good few months.

There have been a few chilly mornings around 9 to 10 c and the candles have been lit in the evenings. I have had the heat lamp on in the bathroom a couple of times and also switched the dehumidifier on last night to take the chill off. I think we're doing pretty well as some friends of ours nearby have had their heat pump on for a couple of weeks and certainly fires around us are being lit up.

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Apr 17th 2016 at 12:15 pm.
Old Apr 17th 2016, 7:29 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

We must have toughened up a bit more.

This time last year the wood burner had already been lit for the past week.

We've not lit our yet but it is blankies and hot water bottles under the feet of an evening like a right pair of old codgers.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 3:51 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

We put the woolrest sleeper on the bed this weekend. That's a sheepskin blanket that goes over the mattress. Then we make the bed as normal. We put a padded blanket on the duvet as an extra layer.

I've found my jimjams. The heatpump is back on timer for mornings at least for now.

In the evening we switch the downstairs heat pump off and have the gas log fire on.

All is well. Hot cocoa anyone ?
Old Apr 18th 2016, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Still got the windows wide open in the Waikato.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 6:03 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbie2010 View Post
Still got the windows wide open in the Waikato.
Here on the Whangaparaoa Peninsula too. Just as well given that out heat pumps are knackered and Fujitsu aren't being very helpful so far. The system went kaput 2+ months ago approx 6 months after the warranty ran out . When you've shelled out nearly $10k for a heating/cooling system, I expect it to last a damn sight longer than 6.5 years.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

snaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nice

Heating on here yesterday too for the first time in 2016.