Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The BE NZ WIKI is looking somewhat bare.

The BE NZ WIKI is looking somewhat bare.

Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:42 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default The BE NZ WIKI is looking somewhat bare.

The Really Useful thread will soon become un-stickied.

So perhaps the time has come and some of us should start adding pages of useful information to the BE WIKI as that is now the place for................. really useful information.

The pages seem to be able to be edited and there is a place where we can post suggestions or discuss the Wiki page thats been created.

I'm a fine one to talk though as I've been a right lazy tart and not put in anything about NZ plumbing yet .

Once the page is up and running it's possible to stick a link to the page at the top of our NZ forum. Then newbies can dip in and out of the info. on the Wiki and then come back to us here on the forum for our personalised fountains of wisdom or just to get a drink or three in the bar.

Wha'd'ya say? Any chance of a Wiki Fest?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:47 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The BE NZ WIKI is looking somewhat bare.

Originally Posted by BEVS here
The Really Useful thread will soon become un-stickied.

So perhaps the time has come and some of us should start adding pages of useful information to the BE WIKI as that is now the place for................. really useful information.

The pages seem to be able to be edited and there is a place where we can post suggestions or discuss the Wiki page thats been created.

I'm a fine one to talk though as I've been a right lazy tart and not put in anything about NZ plumbing yet .

Once the page is up and running it's possible to stick a link to the page at the top of our NZ forum. Then newbies can dip in and out of the info. on the Wiki and then come back to us here on the forum for our personalised fountains of wisdom or just to get a drink or three in the bar.

Wha'd'ya say? Any chance of a Wiki Fest?
What are we supposed to put on it Bev? Bit thick me ...
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:56 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You would perhaps put on helpful information about Tauranga.

Schools.
Areas.
Description of the place.

stuff like that.

Also hints and tips about stuff in NZ.

Stuff about shipping cats and dogs.
Cost of Living
How to set up a bank account
NZQA

just helpful stuff.

I should do something on plumbing here as I said and perhaps Nelson.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by BEVS here
You would perhaps put on helpful information about Tauranga.

Schools.
Areas.
Description of the place.

stuff like that.

Also hints and tips about stuff in NZ.

Stuff about shipping cats and dogs.
Cost of Living
How to set up a bank account
NZQA

just helpful stuff.

I should do something on plumbing here as I said and perhaps Nelson.
If I get some more quiet time in the office I certainly will - do I get a complimentary bottle of Bolly for being helpful bunny?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
If I get some more quiet time in the office I certainly will - do I get a complimentary bottle of Bolly for being helpful bunny?
I will give you a bottle of water and suggest that people talk to you (Am Loolah) about house purchase in Mount Maunganui and Papamoa, as you are local house purchase mentor!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Liz & Co
I will give you a bottle of water and suggest that people talk to you (Am Loolah) about house purchase in Mount Maunganui and Papamoa, as you are local house purchase mentor!
What bloody good is a bottle of water? Thought you were gate crashing my CHILD's party with vodka/Bolly jelly - some role model you are?! Offering me water - I ask you?!

I will be more than happy to contribute to the said WIKITHINGY when I have time ... what are you going to contribute? How to survive NINE months on your own with 4 kids??!!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of

What bloody good is a bottle of water? Thought you were gate crashing my CHILD's party with vodka/Bolly jelly - some role model you are?! Offering me water - I ask you?!

I will be more than happy to contribute to the said WIKITHINGY when I have time ... what are you going to contribute? How to survive NINE months on your own with 4 kids??!!
You've taught me how to behave - Bolly, Bolly, Bolly. It works!!!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

I wouldn't waste Bolly on kids. Anyone know wher I can get Lambrusco?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Liz & Co
I wouldn't waste Bolly on kids. Anyone know wher I can get Lambrusco?
If some clever clogs would contribute to the WIKI under Tauranga maybe you could find out?!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:54 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still waiting for mine for my Hamilton contribution
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by karonious
I'm still waiting for mine for my Hamilton contribution
Well I saw that and must admit assumed it was your contribution ... shocking you're still waiting. Hey Bevs ... you need to offer a prize ...
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:48 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

BEV

Having a blonde moment, how do we add stuff to the Wiki??
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
BEV

You don't coz there's no prize??!!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:05 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
BEV

All you have to do is go to the page you want to post on, click the "edit" tab, add the info and scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit "save"
Hey, if technophobe me can do it, I'm pretty sure you can too!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:08 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
All you have to do is go to the page you want to post on, click the "edit" tab, add the info and scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit "save"
Hey, if technophobe me can do it, I'm pretty sure you can too!

At last, someone with intelligence Thanks hun xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.