British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   NZ and UFOs ... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/nz-ufos-369523/)

User Name Apr 24th 2006 3:22 pm

NZ and UFOs ...

Intersection set, anyone seen one, gone inside one, generally been messed up by one ... in New Zealand. :D

kiwichild Apr 24th 2006 3:29 pm

Re: NZ and UFOs ...

Originally Posted by User Name
Intersection set, anyone seen one, gone inside one, generally be messed up by one ... in New Zealand. :D

Even the NZRAF have monitored UFOs and caught them on camera. No 'official' releases of course but some of the film of one observation was sent to the media some years back.

User Name Apr 24th 2006 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Even the NZRAF have monitored UFOs and caught them on camera. No 'official' releases of course but some of the film of one observation was sent to the media some years back.

I thought NZ scrapped its fighter planes some time back ... maybe that is what the NZRAF saw, one of their scrapped fighter planes, so might appear to be a UFO to the modern NZRAF.

CWEMM02 Apr 24th 2006 4:07 pm

I thought NZ scrapped its fighter planes some time back ... maybe that is what the NZRAF saw, one of their scrapped fighter planes, so might appear to be a UFO to the modern NZRAF.

Yeah they did, but I think you can still buy them, or maybe it was the armoured personnel carriers that they were recently trying to sell. NZ is going to find itself in the same boat as we are in Canada. Years of neglect leads to an inability to properly support foreign UN commitments and more importantly on the domestic front, an inability to enforce domestic sovereignty. The North West Passage will soon be ice free all year round, watch for Canada to shrink. The US already does not recognize Canadian sovereignty in the far north and the Danes and Russians have their eyes on a few parts too. NZ may not be able to enforce its own territorial limits in the future.

SarahB Apr 24th 2006 8:39 pm

Intersection set, anyone seen one, gone inside one, generally been messed up by one ... in New Zealand. :D

ermmmm..... no.... not that Im aware of anyway.

User Name Apr 24th 2006 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by SarahB
ermmmm..... no.... not that Im aware of anyway.

*nods* ... they conditioned you very well then. :D

Nice Guy Apr 24th 2006 8:57 pm

Planet Zog calling..............

My wife says I'm from a different planet...........

kiwichild Apr 24th 2006 11:46 pm

LOL No seriously it was genuine UFOs, somewhere off the Kaikoura coast from memory.

kiwichild Apr 24th 2006 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by CWEMM02
The US already does not recognize Canadian sovereignty in the far north and the Danes and Russians have their eyes on a few parts too.

Cheeky bastards! Can't countries take their grievances to the world court or something?

User Name Apr 25th 2006 12:23 am

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Cheeky bastards! Can't countries take their grievances to the world court or something?

It's called having a Navy. NZ seems to think it doesn't need any military at all. So why should any other country seek to protect NZ's interests when it can't be bothered. :o

kiwichild Apr 25th 2006 2:37 am

It's called having a Navy. NZ seems to think it doesn't need any military at all. So why should any other country seek to protect NZ's interests when it can't be bothered. :o

I was referring to a post by a Canadian guy. I am not sure of the current state of the ANZUS treaty but I agree NZ shouldn't alienate itself from it's allies who share fundamentally a similar political ideology,eg, democracy as well as holding an historic alliance and friendship.

southerner Apr 25th 2006 7:47 am

there's a guy who goes into the back of Fiordland every year looking for Moose. Maybe Canada and NZ are more alike t han we think. :)

Nice Guy Apr 25th 2006 8:07 am

NZ and UFOs ...

There's a guy who's down the chip shop thinks he's Elvis.........

User Name Apr 25th 2006 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
There's a guy who's down the chip shop thinks he's Elvis.........

Perhaps the chip shop is part of a space ship and the guy working in it is just getting more brain washed than the locals, who spend maybe 10 minutes every couple of days in said space ship! ;)

CWEMM02 Apr 26th 2006 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by southerner
there's a guy who goes into the back of Fiordland every year looking for Moose. Maybe Canada and NZ are more alike t han we think. :)

I think it was in the 1920's that a number of Moose were introduced, but I think it has been about 50 years since anyone has seen any. Last year the fellow who spends his time looking came across some hair and had the DNA tested and found a successful match. They should have done very well in Fiordland, but maybe they were over hunted. If they population ever took off, you would need to import some wolves to help control them. Then, maybe NZ and Canada would be even more alike.

One of the reasons we are going to NZ is that we think it is most like Canada compared to many other places.