Reload this Page >

NZ TV Talk Shows. Guidance?

NZ TV Talk Shows. Guidance?

Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

skiersask is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ TV Talk Shows. Guidance?

Hi All,

I am a UK Media Student and am desperately seeking some info about NZ Talk shows!! Any help would be MUCH appreciated...

What are the popular Talk Shows in NZ? Of the variety kind, like with different segments of news, entertainment, interviews etc... rather than help talk shows like say Jerry Springer.

Also is there anywhere I can get contact info for producers/researchers of these shows (for free)? Do any of you guys know any of their email addresses etc?

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, I look forward to your reponses!
Cheers x
Old Apr 17th 2009, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ TV Talk Shows. Guidance?

Oh dear, you obviously haven't heard that TV is utterly cr@p here? Just in case I didn't make that perfectly clear - NZ TV is cr@p! Wracking my brains here because I cannot think of any NZ based talk shows other than sports talk (Rugby talk mostly)

We have a couple of newsy / current affairs slots after the early evening news, but you would have a serious fight on your hands to overthrow the old household names (hasbeens) from those shows.

Check out the TV listings

http://tvnz.co.nz/

http://www.tv3.co.nz/

IMHO the best ligh-thearted chatshow type of programme we have (on tonight) is: http://www.rovedaily.com.au/the-show.htm an Aussie equivalent to Johnathon Ross. Other than that there is no other chat show I can think of that isn't related to sports and those jobs are pretty much covered by a long line of ex-ABS and wife beaters.

Other than that we get the old episodes of Ellen, Oprah and Dr Phil during daytime only.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I thought of one that's not on anymore 'Eating Media Lunch' with Jeremy Wells, I am sure if you google either of them you could find out more about the producers etc. I am pretty sure it was a TVNZ production anyway. They being the state owned TV company would have most homegrown shows.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

There is Good Morning on TV One

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/tvone_minisit..._morning_group

Rove - now there's a face I'd never tire of punching.