NZ taxes

Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default NZ taxes

Maybe its not as bad as we thought, just got back 33% of our World Vision donation (apparently any charitable donation, even most school fees are the same) for the lad that we sponsor in India. Add to that the $4500 that we will soon get for last year in tax credits (and thats on a joint income of $70000), the taxation isn't as bad as I thought.

However why on earth they don't just lower the tax brackets rather than taking it and then giving it back via tax credits I'll never know!!!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:15 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NZ taxes

Originally Posted by Genesis

However why on earth they don't just lower the tax brackets rather than taking it and then giving it back via tax credits I'll never know!!!
Job creation scheme?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
Job creation scheme?
Probably right mate...found out an amazing statistic yesterday..alas another nail in poor old NZ's coffin.....45% of the GDP comes from the govt, directly and indirectly..not sure what it means but I know its not good!!!!!!!!

I hope this will quieten those who believe happy folk in NZ are not prepared to talk about the negative aspects of life in NZ

NZ HAS LOADS OF NEGATIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There I said it and I am happy living here..happy clappies and negative critique can come from the same source...urban myth no.76,901 busted!!!!

Even happy clappers can be grounded and realistic!!!!!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:02 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

It means that the NZ government is an inflationary pressure on the economy.

BTW...before anyone starts signing their kids up for private schools you can't claim tax back on school fees - just school donations .
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nerine
It means that the NZ government is an inflationary pressure on the economy.

BTW...before anyone starts signing their kids up for private schools you can't claim tax back on school fees - just school donations .

Cheers Nerine for the info...I had no idea why it was bad for us.

Hopefully National may turn the rudderless boat..there's a pun in there somewhere about your new bloke..like the cut of his jib. Howard was a tad to the right for me!!! Just a tad!

We could do with a Rudd over 'ere! Always been a labour voter but I think we need a change..anyone will do!!!!!!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:10 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

We could do with a Rudd over 'ere! Always been a labour voter but I think we need a change..anyone will do!!!!!!
Don't want to derail your thread but have you seen the latest self-congratulatory debacle that just took place courtesy of Rudd??? OMG, he is so "needy"!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:23 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

I loved his summing-up speech.

Can't blame the bloke though can you for wanting to do a plain ole SWOT analysis? Helen should do something similar, I honestly believe NZ would really benefit from a similar process.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
Don't want to derail your thread but have you seen the latest self-congratulatory debacle that just took place courtesy of Rudd??? OMG, he is so "needy"!
Don't worry about derailing..have always seen threads as 'living instruments', evolving all the time..... that will go off course now and then, makes them all the more interesting!!

What has Rudd done?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:37 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

Originally Posted by Nerine
I loved his summing-up speech.

Can't blame the bloke though can you for wanting to do a plain ole SWOT analysis? Helen should do something similar, I honestly believe NZ would really benefit from a similar process.
But what celebs would they use?

Russell Crowe? He left.

That supermodel person? Can't remember her name.

Could be slim pickings.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:39 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

The new way forward.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

Maybe its not as bad as we thought, just got back 33% of our World Vision donation (apparently any charitable donation, even most school fees are the same) for the lad that we sponsor in India. Add to that the $4500 that we will soon get for last year in tax credits (and thats on a joint income of $70000), the taxation isn't as bad as I thought.

World Vision are very dodgy, my ex-wife worked for them and told me, most of charity cash goes on directors' expenses and perks to organisors. The over the top weepie ads show starving kids covered with flies, any organisation that resorts to such things, just cannot be honest , beware NZ !

And why tax credits ? Well, you have to apply for them, of course and the government know that thousands will not bother and will save them lots of $$$$, more cash for MPs expenses and pensions for judges etc

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Apr 21st 2008 at 7:26 am.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
World Vision are very dodgy, my ex-wife worked for them and told me, most of charity cash goes on directors' expenses and perks to organisors. The over the top weepie ads show starving kids covered with flies, any organisation that resorts to such things, just cannot be honest , beware NZ !

And why tax credits ? Well, you have to apply for them, of course and the government know that thousands will not bother and will save them lots of $$$$, more cash for MPs expenses and pensions for judges etc

Oh Lordy, shafted by World Vision then the government....who the **** can we trust? Are you really doing the off for lots of euros/£s???..Can't blame you I came here because it worked out better fiscally for us here. I totally agree with what I will freckle said..I wouldnot be prepared to scrimp in NZ..any country come to think of it. At my age I like a bit of fiscal cushioning..got it here but didn't in the UK.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 8:14 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

The tax system really clobbers households with one breadwinner though Genesis. We fare really badly for having one breadwinner and one who earns less than $10K. Our combined is under $60K and they take a real whopping amount of it nad have no intention of giving any back :curse: If he earned half the $60K and I earned the other half, we'd be better off. Pity for us we had this noble idea years ago of one us being SAHP
Old Apr 21st 2008, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
The tax system really clobbers households with one breadwinner though Genesis. We fare really badly for having one breadwinner and one who earns less than $10K. Our combined is under $60K and they take a real whopping amount of it nad have no intention of giving any back :curse: If he earned half the $60K and I earned the other half, we'd be better off. Pity for us we had this noble idea years ago of one us being SAHP

Kate's income is about $50k of that mine around $20k from various bits and bobs. When I asked about tax credits they just wanted to know the amount of kids we had, the household's income and how many hours were worked. They did not ask who earned what. I know a family where the hubby earns 75K and thats it they still get all their tax credits applicable to a 75k income.

Do you not fare the same? By the way your life over there sounds awesome..we love HB, spent a week at Waimarama at the gorgeous villa ($385 a night..only affordable due to a grillion people sharing the costs!!)thats rented on the front there..Kuku Villa or something..great holiday, never got to Ocean Beach, sister did she said it was great.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 8:57 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Kate's income is about $50k of that mine around $20k from various bits and bobs. When I asked about tax credits they just wanted to know the amount of kids we had, the household's income and how many hours were worked. They did not ask who earned what. I know a family where the hubby earns 75K and thats it they still get all their tax credits applicable to a 75k income.

Do you not fare the same? By the way your life over there sounds awesome..we love HB, spent a week at Waimarama at the gorgeous villa ($385 a night..only affordable due to a grillion people sharing the costs!!)thats rented on the front there..Kuku Villa or something..great holiday, never got to Ocean Beach, sister did she said it was great.
Yeah Waimarama is lovely, Ocean Beach is even better and *my* secret beach is the bestest pm me if you're heading this way again and I'll let you into a few local favs

I'm no money boff at all, but my friend who is into money (and has bags more of it than us, lol) suggested we'd be loads better of is my dh ditched his teaching and I worked as then all our earnings would be under a certain tax bracket, rather than the nutty situation at the moment that when he does on call he loses almost all the cash to tax because he leaps up a band. I dunno, I might be wrong- but I feel all 'wronged' by the tax system- I think it's having no tax free allowance so I work 12 hours a week (term time) for less than $7K a year but also :curse: and

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.