NZ Shack for sale

Old May 21st 2007, 12:58 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: NZ Shack for sale

Originally Posted by Maz
Thanks for that. Well the price is obviously very high due to the fact that it's a large amount of beachfront land in Nelson.
Well, not exactly in Nelson. You gotta get over a rather big mutha-humpin' hill.
Old May 21st 2007, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

soulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nice

Remember folks - in NZ the value is in the LAND not the HOUSE!
Old May 21st 2007, 1:58 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
Well, not exactly in Nelson. You gotta get over a rather big mutha-humpin' hill.
Anything like driving over the Rimutaka from Welly to the Wairarapa?
Old May 21st 2007, 3:27 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
Haha, can buy almost everything else on there!! I used to say I'd only have a second child when I could go and buy one at Tescos!

We couldnt afford to buy the house we live in if we were buying this year. We were fully stretched to the limit getting this one but we wanted an original 1/4 acre plot and there wasnt much choice. We could buy a much smaller house with postage stamp sized garden or this older but larger house on full section. We have so much work to do to this house, its gonna cost us a lot but at least we all have room to move....and play outside too.

That's what we're looking for here but rare as hens teeth TBH, and when you do find them, they're already out of our price range

A tent and the Top 10 Holiday Park is looking more likely as time goes by!!
Old May 21st 2007, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
That's what we're looking for here but rare as hens teeth TBH, and when you do find them, they're already out of our price range

There looks some nice sections on Trade me from 250k upwards.
1000m2 I reckon should be enough in the right place.
Now if you want a sea veiw that might be different, I would rather live inland in the hills. I found a web site that has data on section sales, June to August seems to dip in prices historicaly up to 10% last year.
I hate the Beach 10 mins and I board shitless.
Each to their own. PS That shack is still one big rip off, The seller is a greedy self-deluded sod or has been badly advised.
Cheers
Old May 21st 2007, 9:56 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

The nice man from Mike Pero has just left and I can highly recommend them as brokers

Think we're gonna build. OH is in construction so would be silly not to TBH.

Just gotta find the magical 'siction' now without robbing the bank and minus all the bl**dy restrictions in the covenant
Old May 21st 2007, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

We were pretty lucky to get this one I reckon.... the seller also hung onto it for us for months til my house in UK was sold.....that was good of him as he didnt have to. We kind of very vaguely knew him so maybe that helped.

Good luck looking for that section!
Old May 21st 2007, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

The nice man from Mike Pero has just left and I can highly recommend them as brokers

Think we're gonna build. OH is in construction so would be silly not to TBH.

Just gotta find the magical 'siction' now without robbing the bank and minus all the bl**dy restrictions in the covenant
Is that the same as the man from Delmonte? he say yes!!!!.
Old May 21st 2007, 11:00 pm
Clear sighted member

tootsie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by soulflour
I disagree with that, if that was the case the value of a property would stay the same after the land has been built on which is never the case.

If it's a run down, rat infested old shack then you're right - the house will be worth nothing, if anything it will have a negative effect on the value of the property because it's going to cost a lot to get it removed and disposed of. (There could be asbestos to get rid of too)

Most decent, well built houses with good facilities will add a significant amount to the overall value

Last edited by tootsie; May 21st 2007 at 11:03 pm.
Old May 22nd 2007, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

soulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nice

Well, that's what I was taught on the REINZ sales course that I had to take for my previous job. Just thought I'd pass it on.
Old May 22nd 2007, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Most decent, well built houses with good facilities will add a significant amount to the overall value [/QUOTE]

Are there many of those in NZ?
Old May 22nd 2007, 2:05 am
Clear sighted member

tootsie will become famous soon enough

Lol!! you'd have to build your own
Old May 22nd 2007, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soulflour
Same as a lot of places really. Our property in Devon was valued at about £325k. The rebuild cost of the house for insurance purposes was £70k. So £255k for about 400sqm of sloping land with a glimpse of the estuary in a beautiful village.