Reload this Page >

NZ Salary - Young & Single

NZ Salary - Young & Single

Old Sep 11th 2013, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Youngworker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ Salary - Young & Single

Hello -

In the coming months I am looking to make the leap to international work. I am looking at both Australia and NZ, however NZ is my preferred destination.

I have liaised with a couple of the big name recruitment agencies and have sort of got an idea of the salary I will be looking at, although I am only 22 I am experienced in my field and am confident that these figures are not inflated.

For a permanent Contract role I will be looking at $75k but if I go for a temporary per hour role I would be looking at $85k. Obviously due to the benefits of a full time contract I want to look into permanent work.

My question is being based in Auckland, being single, 22 years old, looking to stay in a young professionals house share is $75k a salary in which I could have a comfortable and enjoyable lifestyle?

Any questions please do not hesitate to ask, all help is appreciated.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ Salary - Young & Single

Originally Posted by Youngworker
is $75k a salary in which I could have a comfortable and enjoyable lifestyle?
Hell Yes
Old Sep 11th 2013, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Mat - that is what I like to hear
Old Sep 11th 2013, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Youngworker
Hello -

In the coming months I am looking to make the leap to international work. I am looking at both Australia and NZ, however NZ is my preferred destination.

I have liaised with a couple of the big name recruitment agencies and have sort of got an idea of the salary I will be looking at, although I am only 22 I am experienced in my field and am confident that these figures are not inflated.

For a permanent Contract role I will be looking at $75k but if I go for a temporary per hour role I would be looking at $85k. Obviously due to the benefits of a full time contract I want to look into permanent work.

My question is being based in Auckland, being single, 22 years old, looking to stay in a young professionals house share is $75k a salary in which I could have a comfortable and enjoyable lifestyle?

Any questions please do not hesitate to ask, all help is appreciated.
In answer to your question - Yes.

If you are earning that cash and happy to live in a homestay or shared house, no problem at all.

If you were 10 years older (or 29 like I've turned today) - I'd say abort.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Davros - Thanks for your response. At my age I feel the shared accommodation is the right thing to do both for meeting like minded people and having the extra cash to have fun with.

I understand what you are saying from the non shared accommodation point of view as if I was to earn a similar salary in London it would not exactly be a comfortable wage to live on unless you were in a house share.

I don't anticipate in being in NZ in 10 years time but you never know I guess, I would hope my salary would have increased by then though.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Oh and Davros Happy Birthday!
Old Sep 11th 2013, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

I lived more than comfortably on the same salary renting a 2 bed villa on my own in Mt Eden so if your happy to house share you'll be even better off.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 10:20 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davros1984
In answer to your question - Yes.

If you are earning that cash and happy to live in a homestay or shared house, no problem at all.

If you were 10 years older (or 29 like I've turned today) - I'd say abort.
Happy birthday davros.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 10:29 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: NZ Salary - Young & Single

Sounds fine...except for the bit about being based in Auckland obv.

Now they've told you what you wanted to know, to save the ladies a lot of guessing later:
- Height, build and physique.
- Do you enjoy the arts, culture, reading, cooking etc.?
- What is your age bracket?
- How negociable are you on those brackets after a few drinks?

Hard to believe my matchmaking service never took off.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

kodachrome is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Sounds fine...except for the bit about being based in Auckland obv.

Now they've told you what you wanted to know, to save the ladies a lot of guessing later:
- Height, build and physique.
- Do you enjoy the arts, culture, reading, cooking etc.?
- What is your age bracket?
- How negociable are you on those brackets after a few drinks?

Hard to believe my matchmaking service never took off.
Id avail of your service, Im 10years older but just as single.