Reload this Page >

NZ report in Fresh Start magazine

NZ report in Fresh Start magazine

Old Oct 9th 2005, 5:30 pm
tickle my tadpoles

footloose is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NZ report in Fresh Start magazine

Originally Posted by planty

We had our medicals on the 6th October, and they were using the new forms already. Which did not worry me too much. However the blood test now checks for a lot more. And hence those nice people at the Nuffield informed me that the test was not £22 per head but was now £90 per head. :scared:

This was a bit of a shock, and I am disappointed that the doctors cancelled my first appointment that would have been under the old system. But just another £150 quid to add to the growing bill.

Scott

Last edited by footloose; Oct 9th 2005 at 5:32 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Oct 9th 2005, 6:47 pm

Dave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant future
Default Re: NZ report in Fresh Start magazine

Originally Posted by ranbysue
lyns

what is going to change with medical?
Hi Ranbysue
Basically the changes are:
  • Additional compulsory blood tests for 15 and above for HIV, hepatitis B, full blood count, serum creatinine and liver function.
  • Assessment for critical developmental delay, particularly in children.
  • Assessment for impaired cognitive performance, with compulsory screening for applicants aged 70 or more.
The new medical forms are now in use. However any medicals done on the old forms (dated March 2005) can be submitted with applications until 28 November 2005. Hope this is helpful.

Lyns