Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZ REALLY is rather wonderful.

Wikiposts

NZ REALLY is rather wonderful.

Old Apr 25th 2009, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ REALLY is rather wonderful.

Originally Posted by MrCFD
I was in Palmerston North this week. Met some very nice people, although I must say that the recession has hit Palmy very badly - young people cannot even afford to fix their exhausts anymore! My ears are still ringing. And all their cars are dragging on the ground because they cannot afford proper suspension

ROFLMAO

The old boy racer doesnt have to worru about the recession - if the exhaust has a hole in it, simply remove the whole thing!
Old Apr 25th 2009, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
Its almost 4 years now we have been here and some comments on the radio today made me think how lucky we are to be here. I still find NZ exciting. I still love life here inspite of NZ's many many problems. Fortunately the latter rarely if ever impinge on our lives. We live allegedly in one of the dullest parts of this country YET we are 35 mins to the beach, 2.5 hours to superb skiing, ditto Lake Taupo and we have white water rafting 10 ks away, tramping (for hours!!) 10 mins away and endless attractions that vist the Manawatu.
Genesis, you really must stop putting so much grass in your pipe.

I have been on a trip to the Bay of Plenty this week on a rare escape from Wellington. I admit I can see how you can get a different perspective from living more centrally.
Tauranga,Rotorua and Taupo offer a reasonable amount as short term getaways. There are some great looking golf courses up the SH1, I must play Rangatira one day!

The trouble is Wellington offers more life and work(dreaded word!) for many of us, and Im not sure if I could manage being away from town permanently.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Browner_
Im not sure if I could manage being away from town permanently.

sometiems I wish I could escape from Welly however........just can't......WHERE to go??? Obviously ,,, a long drive is too tired......

Today (every Sundays) we had brunch & beer at Leuven and then went for a drive through........ from Oriental bay, Evans bay, Miramar, Lyall bay, Island Bay and Brooklyn in the rain ... then finally got home... (come back to town again in an hour!)..........that's it! just driving, talking about Britain's rubbish politics , listening to Specials songs and singing together ..... am home now (but he off to talk football ...such hooligan)...........anyway I got soaking wet! need some paracetamol...........

today particulary we thought and talked about this .......how lucky we are (now)........ the fact that we live in NZ.... even if our current lives sucks.... we both TOO MUCH work at work :curse: but nothing compared to ppl in some crap countries..........we do appreciate what we've got......and also should appreciate every moment given........really...who the hell knows I/you might die tomorrow? ..or diagnose stomach cancer or big quake hits... You would never know..........Life Is Short So Live Your Life To The Fullest (if you can)

I do agree with Genesis and I don't mind him repeating the same thread over and over again ........ I think it's a good stuff..being optimistic. nothing wrong with it. cheers

Last edited by crap coffee; Apr 25th 2009 at 6:18 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

good on yer girl, Crap Coffee that is not Genesis unless I'm mistaken.
Nice to see that you can see the light at the end of the tunnel even though it seems crap right.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julesnye
good on yer girl, Crap Coffee that is not Genesis unless I'm mistaken.
Nice to see that you can see the light at the end of the tunnel even though it seems crap right.
Thanks..

You know what, last week I signed up for volunteer work in Wellington Hospital! Someone (HR) called me and suggested (I worked there before) - they are looking for someone - a smart person - to assist/guide patients on the wards. so I said yes! Seriously I am busy with my studies & work but thought I want to contribute something for the community.... (even though it's just once a week) as long as my fingers move....... it's a reawarding job I think. yay! I am a very nice person, sweet loving, caring an down to earth to .........

I try/make an effort to be rather positive. Because, I feel my life is threatening and all of a sudden, I thought I would never know what's going to happen tomorrow. am only 31 years old ..(never married & never had kids) but have been offered a Full Hysterectomy even though they don't have a cancerous condition ... - It was only last week though. bloody hell.. I Am Shocked, just Shocked. but I am okay!

Why doesn't god help when he knows I am hurting?
Old Apr 30th 2009, 12:30 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crap coffee
Thanks..
hey Libby, know that feeling........life can be too hard sometimes........chin up old chum.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Thanks..

am only 31 years old ..(never married & never had kids) but have been offered a Full Hysterectomy even though they don't have a cancerous condition ... - It was only last week though. bloody hell.. I Am Shocked, just Shocked. but I am okay!

Why were you offered so?
I'm so sorry that you have been offered this and also confused.
And feel as shocked as you do.
Keep your chin up and some day you'll find your 'el dorado'
Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by julesnye
Why were you offered so?
docs believe that's the only best way (possibly) to treat/improve the conditions.... though there's no guarantee.......... because it's already spread all over tummy. hopeless. But this is not a life threatening - my g.p said that. - but it's hard to believe.

removing both ovaries is a key thing.

I am all right. My stomach problems seem even more serious than the gynecological matter right now. - It must be all the drugs I've been taking for the past 10 years. not sure I can continue/have a normal life like this..........

thanks for cheering me up.

Last edited by crap coffee; Apr 30th 2009 at 3:17 am.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Jay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really nice

Sometimes Im glad im wasn't born female, but then again there are pluses. I always get told there are people worse off than me - my reply is get lost im suffer ye git!

Thank god (im not religeous but i'll join in) we are born in this era because the advances of technology make our lives easier.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Jay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really nice

docs believe that's the only best way (possibly) to treat/improve the conditions.... though there's no guarantee.......... because it's already spread all over tummy. hopeless. But this is not a life threatening - my g.p said that. - but it's hard to believe.

I am all right. My stomach problems seem even more serious than the gynecological matter right now. - It must be all the drugs I've been taking for the past 10 years. not sure I can continue/have a normal life like this..........

Are you talking about illegal drugs or prescription ones? or am I being naive at 4am in the morning?
Old Apr 30th 2009, 8:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't wish to pry CC but are we talking severe endometriosis. If so, there are other options than a full hyst. Mate of mine had the above & regularly collapsed with the pain. She had some pioneering surgery done in the UK developed by a guy in Belgium. Worked really well.

All the best love