Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Is NZ really that bad?

Is NZ really that bad?

Old Sep 2nd 2012, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is NZ really that bad?

Originally Posted by Ray and Debbie
Sheeps bottoms ? If that's what you like I can photo goats bottoms, calves bottoms and deers bottoms for you. All I have to do is pull over next to a field on my way to work and take a quick snapshot.

Oh, I can get you a picture of horses bottoms as well if you like. It would entail me stopping by our local horse race track at around 7am as they are out training their horses as I drive past, starting my journey to work.
My neighbour has lost 2 lambs so far this year so I didn't want to get too close hence the bottoms.....guess you're not so into spring in the same way that I am
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ray and Debbie
I drive to work past beautiful scenery. It takes nearly an hour each way on account of the fact it's a 65km drive. Not much traffic but that means sod all to me at that distance. I still have to slow to 50km in the villages I crawl through, it's the equivalent of meeting heavy traffic. I walked to work in Britain - it took 25 minuets.

I'm spending as much on cheaper petrol here that I spent on petrol in Britain. This is because I have to fill the petrol tank of my 1500cc Mazda here in NZ every six days not every 3 weeks like I did for the 1800cc Golf in Britain.

Thanks for your two penny worth. I'm not trying to contradict you.
That's fine! All opinions count!
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Assanah
Well, the only thing i get is that Germany is doing excellent at the moment. Unemployment is low, exports are up, money is flooding the country. There are many German companies that are the world leader in their area of expertise. With the exception of Fonterra I don't think there is anything like that in NZ. And I might also add that Germany is quite realistic with regards to sustainability. That is why a retirement age of 70 is talked about at the moment. What was the retirement in age in Kiwi-Land? What is the percentage of Kiwis that have not enough money for retirement? I think you in NZ are stuffed not Germany.
As I was born in the 80's, I doubt a retitrement age will exist in UK by the time the 2050's come around.

It'll be each person for themselves and just to get a decent education will cost a bomb, so getting decent jobs will be very difficult indeed, so saving up for a decent pension problematic.
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

wendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nice

Originally Posted by sirplug
Are you my wife?!??!??
love it!!