NZ Photo Thread

Old Jun 6th 2005, 10:29 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ Photo Thread

Originally Posted by shepslady
so true So glad you understand my sense of humour unlike others who will soon be moving to NZ. All I can say is Im glad they are heading North & not South as they already fit into the north island mould, something we do our best to avoid at all times

Just think they will be going from this.... Charles & his new bride Camilla

To this....... Friendly north island native
Oi!! You talking to us? We'll keep our sense of humour thanks. On the subject of Charles I personally shall be glad to say goodbye to him and his horsey wife. On the subject of royalty, last weekend I went to a 3-day conference and stayed here:

Cumberland Lodge in the grounds of the Great park, Windsor owned by Her Maj. The director of the lodge said that we could roam the grounds at our leisure but shouldn't go anywhere marked 'Private' in case Prince Philip was shooting pheasant, his eyesight's not what it was apparently and he might mistake one of us for a pheasant. Lovely.

Last edited by 80s Chick; Jun 6th 2005 at 10:33 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 10:36 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 80s Chick
Oi!! You talking to us? We'll keep our sense of humour thanks. On the subject of Charlies I personally shall be glad to say goodbye to him and his horsey wife. On the subject of royalty, last weekend I went to a conference and stayed here:

lets just say those without a sense of humour know who I am talking about.....dont think you were one of them Must admit I was one of those who were dead against Charlie Boy marrying his bulldog but what ever makes the fool happy I guess. Easy to see Im still a fan of Diana's huh.

Cumberland Lodge in the grounds of the Great park, Windsor owned by Her Maj. The director of the lodge said that we could roam the grounds at our leisure but shouldn't go anywhere marked 'Private' in case Prince Philip was shooting pheasant, his eyesight's not what it was apparently and he might mistake one of us for a pheasant. Lovely.
That must have been lovley. A real treat to stay somewhere like that huh? Good thing you stayed clear of Phil if his eyesights that bad huh
Old Jun 6th 2005, 11:22 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shepslady
That must have been lovley. A real treat to stay somewhere like that huh? Good thing you stayed clear of Phil if his eyesights that bad huh

It ain't that bad - look at the old git bragging

Last edited by 80s Chick; Jun 6th 2005 at 11:25 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 2:48 am
Franklin

More photos of NZ please ... please with cherry on top. Thank you with a cherry on top.

Old Jun 8th 2005, 3:18 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Franklin
More photos of NZ please ... please with cherry on top. Thank you with a cherry on top.
Ok Franklin here are a few more just for you.........
The Interislander Ferry which takes passengers cars & trains between Picton in the South Island & Wellington in the North Island

The Interislander at Picton

A favourite place of mine to visit is Huka Falls in Taupo

Old Jun 8th 2005, 3:23 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

These next three photos are of An Apline Village about an hour & half drive out of Christchurch, Hanmer Springs Thermal Resort which is a fabulous place to visit all year long. Especially beautiful during the winter months to sit & soak in the hot pools while there is snow all around. Makes for a quick dash to the changing rooms when you get out though but definately worth it.

Hope you enjoy these...will try & post some more tomorrow but for now its past my bedtime
Old Jun 8th 2005, 7:26 am

ElizabethC is an unknown quantity at this point

Great photos on this thread. I've been enjoying the banter between KJP and Shepslady and also Biddy. I would love to post photos of my place of birth and upbringing - Hokitika - but will post a poem describing the rain instead...

The Rain (poet unknown)

It rained and rained and rained

The average fall was well maintained

And when the tracks were simply bogs

It started raining cats and dogs

After a drought of half an hour

We had a most refreshing shower

And then the most curious thing of all

A gentle rain began to fall

Next day was also fairly dry

Save for a deluge from the sky

Which wetted the party to the skin

And after that the rain set in.

Rain is legendary on the West Coast but nevertheless it is a very special place. And I'm sure the poem has several more rainy verses!
Old Jun 8th 2005, 12:33 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElizabethC
Great photos on this thread. I've been enjoying the banter between KJP and Shepslady and also Biddy. I would love to post photos of my place of birth and upbringing - Hokitika - but will post a poem describing the rain instead...

The Rain (poet unknown)

It rained and rained and rained

The average fall was well maintained

And when the tracks were simply bogs

It started raining cats and dogs

After a drought of half an hour

We had a most refreshing shower

And then the most curious thing of all

A gentle rain began to fall

Next day was also fairly dry

Save for a deluge from the sky

Which wetted the party to the skin

And after that the rain set in.

Rain is legendary on the West Coast but nevertheless it is a very special place. And I'm sure the poem has several more rainy verses!
At your service M'am!

Hokitika Gorge

Hokitika Coast

A postcard to send home!

Tip - Use Google images - Brilliant!
Biddy