NZ Photo Thread

Old May 31st 2005, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ Photo Thread

Robin Hood Glacier
http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...id=14820&stc=1
108-0805_IMG (Large).JPG
River Valley near above (forgotten the name - near Wanaka)
http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...id=14822&stc=1
108-0812_IMG (Large).JPG
Seal on the rocks at Kaikoura
http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...id=14823&stc=1
108-0850_IMG (Medium).JPG
Attached Thumbnails NZ Photo Thread-108-0805_img-large-.jpg   NZ Photo Thread-108-0812_img-large-.jpg   NZ Photo Thread-108-0850_img-medium-.jpg  
Old May 31st 2005, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Sea kayaking in Abel Tasman national park (that's me with the silly hat)
Attached Thumbnails NZ Photo Thread-108-0852_img-large-.jpg   NZ Photo Thread-108-0853_img-large-.jpg  
Old May 31st 2005, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Picton from the Queen Charlotte Track; view out of QC Sound from same spot
Attached Thumbnails NZ Photo Thread-108-0866_img-large-.jpg   NZ Photo Thread-108-0870_img-large-.jpg  
Old May 31st 2005, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

One for the motorcycle enthusiasts - Britten racing bike at Te Papa museum (hand-assembled by my brother, who used to work on the race team)
Attached Thumbnails NZ Photo Thread-108-0882_img-large-.jpg  
Old Jun 1st 2005, 11:38 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

Zorbing - A Great NZ Invention

The home of extreme sports
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 1:37 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Christchurch Wizard thinking outside the Square..

Christchurch wizard, Ian Brackenbury has decided to retire from wizardry and move to Oamaru, Nth Otago. The 72 year old wizard said he wants to be closer to his family.

KJP Loved your reply & just wanted you to know although I dont have time to reply now as we have guests & Ive sneaked online to check my mail etc I will post later this is not over.....I love your sense of humor
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 2:48 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunshine_and_rain
Hi Shepslady

Our sense of humours are very different, but - still meet in the middle sometimes!! LOL. I guess its just that folks want to keep the photo thread as that - the photo thread, but I don't mind a little digression, it makes for a lively thread! Also know how PASSIONATE you kiwis are about your Rugby, as are we, and friendly banter is part and parcel of normal life when it comes to Rugby. I am enjoying the build up to the match here this weekend. Just been and had Wilkinson and a 10 put on the back of my Lions shirt!!!! As isaid I am not taking sides but rather can see both sides and just wanted to say that its OK for a wee bit of friendly banter. The digression doesn't bother me either.
Take Care all
Sunshine as much as Im a rugby fan I have to admit that I really dont follow too much English Rugby & Im not familiar with your Johnny Wilkinson although I have heard mention of him. I used to follow english rugby in the days of Will Carling etc. Your Lions shirt sounds cool & I bet when you wear it your really proud of it too My favourite All Black is leaving NZ to play rugby in Leeds as he is nearing the end of his playing days. However I will still follow the Tests closely & will come up with a new favourite player sooner or later. For now keeping this thread in mind I will now post a photo of two of my all time favourite Kiwi rugby players..........

Two of my sons Stace & Matt chatting after playing for their club Linwood
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 2:53 am
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice

Yes Shepslady, looks like we are alone in our fun! Nobody else gets it, which either makes us a bit weird... or them a bit... you know...

To the rest of you, OK then I'll shut up now, but seriously for a minute... we are both just having a little fun. There are no insults here, no nastiness, no intention to hurt of upset. This is just how Kiwis do humour. The two of us get it, nobody else seems to.

Now, if it was me, I would be mentally noting this. If I were going to settle in another country, I would want to understand these things. Otherwise, I may take offence and cause needless pain to myself by taking offence were none was intended. This is part of becoming a Kiwi. Instead of just disapproving, you guys should take careful note and learn our ways.

Otherwise we'll get the cuzziebros to cook you all up with a bit of puha...

Anyway... photos:

Rangitoto Island, Auckland...

Waiheke Island, Hauraki Gulf (Auckland)...

Jervois Quay, Wellington...

Willeston St, Wellington...

more...
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 3:03 am
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice

...cont/

An old lighthouse, now a kids playground on the Wellington waterfront...

More Wellington waterfront sculpture...

Waikanae Beach...

Paraparaumu Beach... the little fella is mine...

Mt Ruapehu steaming gently...

more later...

Last edited by kiwijetpilot; Jun 2nd 2005 at 3:05 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 3:13 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

[QUOTE=kiwijetpilot]...cont/

Love this one but not familar with it so guess its a new addition since my last visit to Wellington in 2003. Great idea isnt it? Nothing nicer than wandering around the Wellington water front on a nice sunny day when the wind has decided to stay away too. Is this anywhere near Te Papa?

Another great photo. I remember travelling through this area a few years ago while the mountain was really blowing ash all over the area. The ground looked like it was covered in snow & our car looked like it was a light grey colour instead of its normal Black

I would also like to say that it was by mutual agreement that KJP & I decided to stop having fun with our friendly bantering. On that note I must publically aplaud my friend for his great posting announcing that our bantering will stop. i couldnt have worded it better myself.

KJP keep these photos coming you are taking me on a personal trip down memory lane & I love it.

Last edited by shepslady; Jun 2nd 2005 at 3:16 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 3:26 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Just logged on after a few days away and the first post on the last page of this thread is this picture of a handbag.......
surely that can't be a typical NZ handbag methinks with horror :scared:
(also wondering at the same time what would possess Biddy to post a picture of a handbag!!)

(Caroline makes a mental note to stuff extra handbags into her container just in case this is a typical NZ handbag! :scared: )
LMAO @ your post Caroline.
Despite what you might have told about NZ living in the dark ages etc it really isnt true. So just for you I will post some bags made in NZ, all leather & in some of my favourite colours.....(Check out the red & black one..he he he!!)

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/shepslady/Handbag3.jpg[/IMG

[/IMG]
as for you talking about taking it to The Lockeroom....really:scared:

Last edited by shepslady; Jun 2nd 2005 at 3:28 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

For Shepslady - a photo of Jonny Wilkinson - Is the Man gorgeous or what!

Not too bad at Rugby either - not that that would matter _ he'd still be gorgeous! (Mates with David Beckham too - another GORGEOUS British Sportsman!)

Ahhhh - Was pleasure to hold his Brolly for him last wek whilst he signed his autograph for me......
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 3:58 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Originally Posted by sunshine_and_rain
For Shepslady - a photo of Jonny Wilkinson - Is the Man gorgeous or what!

Not too bad at Rugby either - not that that would matter _ he'd still be gorgeous! (Mates with David Beckham too - another GORGEOUS British Sportsman!)

Ahhhh - Was pleasure to hold his Brolly for him last wek whilst he signed his autograph for me......
thanks for that Sunshine. Not too bad but I will still stick with Justin Marshall

Will however make a special point of keeping an eye out for Mr Wilkinson for you I can imagine how special it must have been for you to hold his brolly
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 5:04 am
Banned

[QUOTE=shepslady]
Originally Posted by kiwijetpilot
...cont/

Love this one but not familar with it so guess its a new addition since my last visit to Wellington in 2003. Great idea isnt it? Nothing nicer than wandering around the Wellington water front on a nice sunny day when the wind has decided to stay away too. Is this anywhere near Te Papa?

It's in Frank Kitts Park, halfway between Te Papa and Queens Wharf.

Another great photo. I remember travelling through this area a few years ago while the mountain was really blowing ash all over the area. The ground looked like it was covered in snow & our car looked like it was a light grey colour instead of its normal Black

We used to go to the top and then head down to the crater lake... there was a time when you could waterski on that lake! The had helicoptered in some Zodiacs. All gone now, just a sulphurous pit these days.

I would also like to say that it was by mutual agreement that KJP & I decided to stop having fun with our friendly bantering. On that note I must publically aplaud my friend for his great posting announcing that our bantering will stop. i couldnt have worded it better myself.

Awwww shucks...

KJP keep these photos coming you are taking me on a personal trip down memory lane & I love it.
Plenty more to come...
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:09 am
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shepslady
LMAO @ your post Caroline.
Despite what you might have been told about NZ living in the dark ages etc it really isnt true. So just for you I will post some bags made in NZ, all leather & in some of my favourite colours

Hi Cindy...thanks for these....not sure about the green one though :scared:

Last edited by pompeymike; Jun 5th 2005 at 9:14 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.