NZ or Oz?

Old Mar 7th 2006, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ or Oz?

Originally Posted by turkeytickler
allowing 15 year olds to drive V8s with no insurance - how socially responsible is that?
With huge exhaust pipes too. Very materialistic youths aren't they?
Old Mar 7th 2006, 3:59 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Aah - now I know where you guys who are not fitting into NZ well hang out!

You're all hunched over your PCs waiting for to shoot down the next positive poster, like in a video game. Ping! Karpow!
Old Mar 7th 2006, 4:05 am
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by southerner
Aah - now I know where you guys who are not fitting into NZ well hang out!

You're all hunched over your PCs waiting for to shoot down the next positive poster, like in a video game. Ping! Karpow!
same place as you by all accounts. and i can see where those that throw insults when faced with facts hang out.

Old Mar 7th 2006, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turkeytickler
same place as you by all accounts. and i can see where those that throw insults when faced with facts hang out.
Couldn't have said it better!
Southerner, what makes you think that only people who enjoy ALL things about NZ can post?
Can't folk give another side of NZ to people or are you one of these people afraid of the truth?
I want to hear ALL bad things about OZ before we move over there, not just the good. That way, we will be well prepared. Just giving migrants to NZ that same chance.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rascal
Do you mean the VERY long dark winters?
The high cost of power too!
My sister has had her electric bill in the Uk, 66 pounds...mine was $181. Not bad you may say, but hers was for THREE months and mine was for ONE month! Hers is a winter bill, mine is a summer bill.
& I have NO electric heating of any kind.
Hey Rascal
just out of interest - if you've no electric heating, is there something that you use that does eat the electric?
we've had 3 electric bills since being here ranging from $57 - $76 and that was without any heating (we had it just didn't need to use it) or do the rates across the country vary that much (we are in christchurch)?
Vicki
Old Mar 7th 2006, 6:30 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't have said it better!
Southerner, what makes you think that only people who enjoy ALL things about NZ can post?
Can't folk give another side of NZ to people or are you one of these people afraid of the truth?
I want to hear ALL bad things about OZ before we move over there, not just the good. That way, we will be well prepared. Just giving migrants to NZ that same chance.
I have no problems with what you say in this post. But this thread has been hijacked to portray only some people's views. Sorry I jumped in a little bluntly on your game - it just seemed the other way around, that only people hating ALL things about NZ could post. Maybe there is some balance on other threads????

I embrace the truth, that myself and my family are absolutely loving NZ and can not think of anywhere we would rather be. It aint perfect, but it ain't too far off. Course I know that won't be true for everyone.

I wish you guys all the best in Oz when you get there.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 7:35 am

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by southerner
I have no problems with what you say in this post. But this thread has been hijacked to portray only some people's views. Sorry I jumped in a little bluntly on your game - it just seemed the other way around, that only people hating ALL things about NZ could post. Maybe there is some balance on other threads????

I embrace the truth, that myself and my family are absolutely loving NZ and can not think of anywhere we would rather be. It aint perfect, but it ain't too far off. Course I know that won't be true for everyone.

I wish you guys all the best in Oz when you get there.
Southerner are you not a Kiwi?? so it makes sense that you love your country.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 7:46 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Do you mean the VERY long dark winters?
The high cost of power too!
My sister has had her electric bill in the Uk, 66 pounds...mine was $181. Not bad you may say, but hers was for THREE months and mine was for ONE month! Hers is a winter bill, mine is a summer bill.
& I have NO electric heating of any kind.
Ye gods, what are you doing with your power.
in Christchurch here with Meridian..
Jan 06 $76.61
Dec 06 $80.54
Nov 06 $72.56
Running a dishwasher and washing machine daily, no electric heating but it has been summer, running the oven a fair amount with home baking and cooking. I can't conceive of how it is possible to get a $180 bill??
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:03 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Apple12
Ye gods, what are you doing with your power.
in Christchurch here with Meridian..
Jan 06 $76.61
Dec 06 $80.54
Nov 06 $72.56
Running a dishwasher and washing machine daily, no electric heating but it has been summer, running the oven a fair amount with home baking and cooking. I can't conceive of how it is possible to get a $180 bill??
Mine was $191 the last bill, that's for a family of five ... water heater on, loads of washing every day, loads of home baking every day, the hoover every day. Very very occasional use of the dryer and we have an extra freezer in the garage for all those specials we have to buy to survive until the next pay day. We have a wood burner but mostly get free wood now so that's a relief .
Our house is five bedroomed with two pc's and the kids tv's in their rooms for when they aren't out enjoying the 'lifestyle'

How does that compare with your family is it similar cos if it is I must be doing something wrong
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:06 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottish
Southerner are you not a Kiwi?? so it makes sense that you love your country.
Would make sense wouldn't it Scottish
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:19 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

With huge exhaust pipes too. Very materialistic youths aren't they?
As someone who grew up 'cruising' in my mates V8s, this isn't about materialism at all. It's more about a feeling of 'cool' and 'power', an ego thing but also there is a genuine appreciation for the class , reliability and classicness of the V8.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:23 am
sky
Banned

Originally Posted by kiwichild
As someone who grew up 'cruising' in my mates V8s, this isn't about materialism at all. It's more about a feeling of 'cool' and 'power', an ego thing but also there is a genuine appreciation for the class , reliability and classicness of the V8.
Scares me to death every time my 19yr old son goes out in his car with his mates though :scared:
I just have to hope he stays safe on the road while he's out!
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:34 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
Scares me to death every time my 19yr old son goes out in his car with his mates though :scared:
I just have to hope he stays safe on the road while he's out!
Yes can appreciate your situation. Personally I think 15 is way too young for a drivers licence but I would hope that most 19 yr olds would have some road sense. Problem is boys egg each other on and then feel pressured to having to engage is rsky driving practices. This sort of 'macho' ego thing is what really needs to be addressed along with developing safe driving skills and respecting others on the road.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:39 am
sky
Banned

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Yes can appreciate your situation. Personally I think 15 is way too young for a drivers licence but I would hope that most 19 yr olds would have some road sense. Problem is boys egg each other on and then feel pressured to having to engage is rsky driving practices. This sort of 'macho' ego thing is what really needs to be addressed along with developing safe driving skills and respecting others on the road.
Agreed and the law should be changed so that under a certain age they can only buy a certain power car too.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

ballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really nice

The answer is simple, take into account all aspects of the move what you desire and what you need. For us NZ is the only real option as the teaching situation in OZ is shit to say the least and as my misses is a teacher, NZ is more like the UK system and allows us to move and live in a city straight away, unlike OZ.

However, I loved OZ and lived there for 1 year, but it also has it faults, if you live in NSW the winters are hardly warm. Granted the summers are boiling and its a milder climate but you can get used to a climate easily enough. The teenagers do your f*****ing head in (well they did in my case)to say the least they all act as if they are taking heavy dosses of stereoids and act accordinlgy. Strangely though when they hit mid 20's they all become pretty chilled out.

The only way to know is to go and live there, you will never know for certain by listening to second hand experiences on this site, everyone interprutes things differently.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.