NZ to NY

Old Aug 13th 2009, 10:40 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ to NY

I have to fly to New York next year - I know - it's a hard life.

Any ideas who to fly with? I can't look up actual costs yet as it's not until end of August next year. I also have no idea where to stay. It's been 14 years since I last went to NY. Needs to be near the Empire State Building as that's where my mate's getting married.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 10:47 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: NZ to NY

No.

I have been there several times in my life. It will be brill but these days I can't help.

Lot's of help that was .No.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 10:55 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

10+ years ago we stayed in the Walcott Hotel a couple of blocks away oppoiste a real good curry house and Dunkin Donuts, but it was a bit of a dive and would not suit your fairyness.......
Is she getting married to King Kong.....???

/ducks again/
Old Aug 13th 2009, 11:03 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Did not know you were taking me to NY hun

I read that Qantas now flies to NY, or so they say! It's a flight to LAX, then connection to NY on their partners airline

Pretty sure AirNZ does the same... I see lots of NewYorkers coming in at the hotel, they are tagged AA (American Airline) using QF26 (Qantas) from LAX to AKL.

So which dates are we going?? Let me book time off work now...

Just checked.... United airlines & Air NZ are your best bets... There's always Cathays Pacific via HK if you fancy a 40hrs journey... It's the cheapest though!

Last edited by Matewx; Aug 13th 2009 at 11:11 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by Matewx
Did not know you were taking me to NY hun

I read that Qantas now flies to NY, or so they say! It's a flight to LAX, then connection to NY on their partners airline

Pretty sure AirNZ does the same... I see lots of NewYorkers coming in at the hotel, they are tagged AA (American Airline) using QF26 (Qantas) from LAX to AKL.

So which dates are we going?? Let me book time off work now...

Just checked.... United airlines & Air NZ are your best bets... There's always Cathays Pacific via HK if you fancy a 40hrs journey... It's the cheapest though!
Thank you hun, you are a Definately worthy of Poster of the Month 4 status!

And of course you can come - I need someone to carry my bags ...
Old Aug 14th 2009, 1:26 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely look at Qantas. They also fly Qantas planes to New York (QF7 I think?). That's the direct flight from Sydney via Los Angeles. If coming from Auckland you transfer on to your next flight - either a codeshare (AA?) or the Qantas plane from Sydney.

Air Tahiti Nui flies to New York, stops in Tahiti.

Try expedia or house of travel for a few ideas.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

keznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud of

Well you would never believe it but I have a New Yorken sat here in my living room with me watching Austrailian Idol.

Just asked her and she reccomends anywhere in Manhattan, The Hyatt in mid town.
She reckons to stay in Manhattan as it is safer or if you want to stay by the airport for a cheaper option and there is shuttle buses to and from the centre which goes all the time.

You are gonna love it there, I cant wait to go back. Lat time I went there I stayed at the New Yorker and loved it...
Old Aug 15th 2009, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

bjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nice

Originally Posted by Am Loolah

Any ideas who to fly with? I can't look up actual costs yet as it's not until end of August next year. I also have no idea where to stay. It's been 14 years since I last went to NY. Needs to be near the Empire State Building as that's where my mate's getting married.
Air Tahiti Nui used to do it. Maybe they still do. I do understand that they were hovering on the edge of bankruptcy recently. If they still do you also get a free holiday in Tahiti. The flights are AKL to Papeete then Papeete to NY.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by keznjj
Well you would never believe it but I have a New Yorken sat here in my living room with me watching Austrailian Idol.

Just asked her and she reccomends anywhere in Manhattan, The Hyatt in mid town.
She reckons to stay in Manhattan as it is safer or if you want to stay by the airport for a cheaper option and there is shuttle buses to and from the centre which goes all the time.

You are gonna love it there, I cant wait to go back. Lat time I went there I stayed at the New Yorker and loved it...
Thank you keznjj, I shall look up the Hyatt.

Originally Posted by bjddavies
Air Tahiti Nui used to do it. Maybe they still do. I do understand that they were hovering on the edge of bankruptcy recently. If they still do you also get a free holiday in Tahiti. The flights are AKL to Papeete then Papeete to NY.
Ooooo, now that sounds like the kind of route I could do! I shall have a scout around later. Thank you.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 4:08 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Am Loolah

Can I come with you?? please