Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Was NZ, now Spain!

Was NZ, now Spain!

Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:50 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold
Default Was NZ, now Spain!

Hello Everyone

Just to let you know that our plans have changed and we are not going ahead with our plans for NZ. We had always planned on moving to Spain but for various reasons (very long story) didn't think it was possible. After coming back from holiday this year intending to complete our ITA, we knew our hearts lay in Spain......so, we pulled out the stops, knuckled down to some serious planning and decided to 'go for it'.

Life has been one long rollercoaster since July, but we are very nearly there. Work, school and housing is sorted and anyday now we are booking our single journey flights and can't wait!

I've been logging in to hear how you are all getting along and wish you all the very best. I hope to keep in touch on the site and will be posting on the Spain threads too.

So, that's my news!

Debbie
Old Oct 18th 2005, 4:00 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Was NZ, now Spain!

Originally Posted by Sparkle2nite
Hello Everyone

Just to let you know that our plans have changed and we are not going ahead with our plans for NZ. We had always planned on moving to Spain but for various reasons (very long story) didn't think it was possible. After coming back from holiday this year intending to complete our ITA, we knew our hearts lay in Spain......so, we pulled out the stops, knuckled down to some serious planning and decided to 'go for it'.

Life has been one long rollercoaster since July, but we are very nearly there. Work, school and housing is sorted and anyday now we are booking our single journey flights and can't wait!

I've been logging in to hear how you are all getting along and wish you all the very best. I hope to keep in touch on the site and will be posting on the Spain threads too.

So, that's my news!

Debbie
Great news for you Debbie...shame you won't be in NZ but if Spain is right for you then you should follow your heart there...hope everything works out for you and we'll keep in touch anyway...

Love
Pinkie
x
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:31 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Debbie
Nice to know you are going to be following your dream. Hope it all works out well for you.
Hope you are still able to drop by the NZ thread to let us know how things are going.

All the best

Cheers
Cindy

So, that's my news!

Debbie[/QUOTE]
Old Oct 18th 2005, 11:58 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Been great knowing you on this forum. I hope Spain works out for you and your family is happy there. My stepson Alex's Nanna and Grandad are there and very happy too as far as I know. All the best.

Phyl
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:24 am

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Hello Everyone

So, that's my news!

Debbie

Bet you feel a lot better now you've got this far don't you! Congratulations, glad to see the plans all coming together for you. Pity it's not NZ, would love to have met you, but make sure you keep in touch with us all and if you ever do make it here for a holiday, be sure to pop in!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 8:25 am
Kiwi livin' and lovin' it

Location: Was England. Then Germany.Tried Spain. NZ now and NOT moving!
the turner family has a brilliant futurethe turner family has a brilliant futurethe turner family has a brilliant futurethe turner family has a brilliant futurethe turner family has a brilliant futurethe turner family has a brilliant future

Hello Everyone

So, that's my news!

Debbie
Hi Debbie,

Sorry to hear that you won't be coming here, we would have liked to meet and chat. We hope Spain brings you all that you you desire and while it didn't work out for us, it does for loads of Brits. We know you have really done the homework and backgroud so enjoy life in the sun

Good luck for the future,

Matt and Andrea
Old Oct 19th 2005, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Whereabouts in Spain are you moving to? I've only been there once and it was in November and it was still warm enough to wear shorts and t shirts...once we got away from the coast it was really warm. We went biking in the hills (Costa Blanca) and it was beautiful there. I hope it all goes well for you!

Sarahb
Old Oct 20th 2005, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Fishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant future

Funnily enough our choice was between NZ and spain-not much difference there then! And after coming back from our hols in spain this year we decided to put in our application for NZ. Although we love Spain we realised our hearts were in NZ and couldn't visualise ourselves living in Spain or making it work for us there. But good luck to you, its a wonderful country.

Last edited by Fishy; Oct 20th 2005 at 4:08 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 8:07 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Hello Everyone

So, that's my news!

Debbie
Wherabouts?.......My Mummy lives in Alicante...always willing to help settlers!
Old Oct 20th 2005, 8:30 pm
Hanging by a thread

Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

Hi everyone and thank you all for your good wishes, it means a lot!

We are going to Nerja which is situated 50km east of Malaga and is very very pretty, still typically Spanish and no high rise buildings. The climate is better for Grahams back problem and we are all excited and raring to go.

The help you guys gave me was great and I really appreciate it....must admit the Spain forum on here isn't as helpful.....if I'm allowed to say that? But, we have looked at moving to Spain for many years now so there wasn't much I needed to find out. We hope to be over there in three weeks so I'll let you all know when we are there. I'll still pop on here 'cos your all my mates and I want to know that your all ok too!

Good Luck to everyone, we're all in the same boat wherever it's destination may be!

Debbie
Old Oct 25th 2005, 7:17 pm
Hanging by a thread

Hi

Just wanted to pop in to say we have booked our flight for Spain and leave on 10 November. We have accepted an offer of full asking price on our house and both OH and I have now finished work....woo hoo!!!

Just the packing to do now....oh joy....so, good luck to you all out there in your quest for a better life!

Adios Debbie
Old Oct 25th 2005, 7:52 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Just wanted to pop in to say we have booked our flight for Spain and leave on 10 November. We have accepted an offer of full asking price on our house and both OH and I have now finished work....woo hoo!!!

Just the packing to do now....oh joy....so, good luck to you all out there in your quest for a better life!

Adios Debbie
Wow - great news. You have been busy - and lucky with the house offer!!

Do you have any work plans? Carmen.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Fishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant future

Hi everyone and thank you all for your good wishes, it means a lot!

We are going to Nerja which is situated 50km east of Malaga and is very very pretty, still typically Spanish and no high rise buildings. The climate is better for Grahams back problem and we are all excited and raring to go.

The help you guys gave me was great and I really appreciate it....must admit the Spain forum on here isn't as helpful.....if I'm allowed to say that? But, we have looked at moving to Spain for many years now so there wasn't much I needed to find out. We hope to be over there in three weeks so I'll let you all know when we are there. I'll still pop on here 'cos your all my mates and I want to know that your all ok too!

Good Luck to everyone, we're all in the same boat wherever it's destination may be!

Debbie
Good luck, atleast with Spain you can just up and go to a certain extent. We spent our summer hols staying La Herradura next to Nerja.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Tooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud of

You are doing it the other way round from me! 1981 was crunch point-Brixton Riots etc.
Spain beckoned in a big way--Spain was not in the EEC--residencia/work permits/language etc--no chance.
New Zealand was a easier route-same climate, and none of the restrictive practises--but a hell of a lot further away!

I do not regret the choice(altho a failed marriage took the gloss off for a while--be very aware when the "homesickness" bogey appears--women do not adapt/settle/accept as easy as blokes)

Bueno surty(?) in your path