Reload this Page >

NZ NEW screw update number 2

NZ NEW screw update number 2

Old Nov 30th 2005, 5:51 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZ NEW screw update number 2

Originally Posted by ranbysue
Why did you come back Lenmil?
Sue (apoligies Lenmil) they tried to survive on a salary of $35k.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 2:07 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nudenut
Ye we going to make a real go of it. Our move is reaping reward already with the kids especially. They are flowrishing big style, there sporty kids and the schools just brim full of sports for them and they encourage them to express themselves and to be participate in the schools running.. They dont want to go back to the uk. We feel the same we arnt missing our relitives yet coz the pc and the phone have been getting a bettering so they arnt too far away.
Hint for all expats in NZ phoneing home .. get a card called KIWI CALL from the newsagents or petrol stations and you get 3c per minute calls unbeatable and priceless

Nude nut not nude nuts
Thanks for the tip Nudenut :-) Gonna be lots of phone usage this time of year so that's ace.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

ranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant future

Scottish

Are you still going to Canada?
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by ranbysue
Scottish

Are you still going to Canada?
Nah dont have the money to start all over again. Think we will stick to holidays from now on in.

When we were in NZ Canada dropped the points for trades if we could of done it all over again we would of done Canada over NZ. A few factors - distance, cost of living, cheap hols to the states plus we have mates there that would of been a big support to us, but cant look back and wonder eh.

We have a good life here in Scotland just took us leaving it to realise.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by scottish
Nah dont have the money to start all over again. Think we will stick to holidays from now on in.

When we were in NZ Canada dropped the points for trades if we could of done it all over again we would of done Canada over NZ. A few factors - distance, cost of living, cheap hols to the states plus we have mates there that would of been a big support to us, but cant look back and wonder eh.

Edited to add and it would of been a hell of alot cheaper to take our dog there.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:21 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by scottish

Hi Scotish, thought about Canada too. But guess what, its just the same old stuff. Lived there as a kid (Toronto) nice place but if you fall your screwed. the uK has its faults but its not that bad when you can get help. many Canuks i now struggle badly.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

ranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant future

do you have any updates Nudenut?
Old Jan 8th 2006, 10:22 pm
K9s
Forum Regular

K9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really nice

Suze

Have you decided if you are going to NZ yet as I know you had doubts

K9
Old Jan 9th 2006, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Hi K9

No - is the answer to your question.

We called the NZ immigration on the final date for the app on 8-12-2005, and informed them that as we hadn't sold our house (which we still haven't) then we would not be able at this stage to progress the app as if we didn't sell it anyway then we wouldn't be able to afford to immigrate. As the app only lasts for one year we thought it best at this stage rather than fork out near on £1000 ( which we could lose if we don't sell the property) we would re-submit another EOI when we had a definite outcome. The officer at NZ House said that this was a good idea and that they could rush another EOI through anyway as soon as we needed. We realise that we will have to pay another EOI but for peace of mind with the selling of the house we thought it was worth it. Looking back I wish that we had waited before submitting the EOI, but it's done now.

We are still considering renting but when I read the negatives on this site I say "NO" to my hubby (who by the way wants to go) that we will not emmigrate and then I read the UK papers and say "YES" we will.

I will keep you updated

As you can gather we are not good decision makers I think this is because the risks we have taken in the past have never worked out and this is a rather major one with two children involved as well!

I am also eagerly awaiting news from the other recruits who are already out there doing the job.

Suze

Last edited by ranbysue; Jan 9th 2006 at 9:50 pm.