Reload this Page >

NZ Motorcycle Licence ?

NZ Motorcycle Licence ?

Old Sep 2nd 2010, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

isheps84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ Motorcycle Licence ?

Morning all!!

Well been in NZ for 2 weeks and love it! Currently down in queenstown fantastic place. Come to the decision that i want/need a enduro bike.

Just going to pick your brains about nz motorcycle licences, if i were to do my full motorbike licence while over here are these possible to transfer or ride if/when i return to the uk?
Been searching around the forums and wiki but either blind or looking at the wrong stuff. I have asked at the local AA testing centre but got me a funny look and a grunt,
Be great if anyone has any info about this

Cheers all
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ Motorcycle Licence ?

Originally Posted by isheps84
Morning all!!

Well been in NZ for 2 weeks and love it! Currently down in queenstown fantastic place. Come to the decision that i want/need a enduro bike.

Just going to pick your brains about nz motorcycle licences, if i were to do my full motorbike licence while over here are these possible to transfer or ride if/when i return to the uk?
Been searching around the forums and wiki but either blind or looking at the wrong stuff. I have asked at the local AA testing centre but got me a funny look and a grunt,
Be great if anyone has any info about this

Cheers all
My UK full m/c licence was simple to change to an NZ one by just doing the theory. That was 5 yrs back..don't think you even have to do that now. I would e mail or ring the AA in the UK and the DVLA in Swansea. They will know the answer.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

You can swap an NZ licence for a UK one .. You will have to surrender your NZ licence and it will be returned to the issuing authority.

http://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&sou...fFyi52bjZDg7bA
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 5:31 am
Just Joined

isheps84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers for that link robbie, top chap.

Far cheapper than the £1200 i was quoted in the uk
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 10:21 am
Just Joined

southindian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by isheps84
Cheers for that link robbie, top chap.

Far cheapper than the £1200 i was quoted in the uk
It is the motorbyke specialization in Newzealand.