Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

nz jobs for nurses

nz jobs for nurses

Old Jun 29th 2011, 1:17 pm
Banned

gedsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default nz jobs for nurses

Hi can i ask is it better to go for jobs within district health boards or nursing agencies, i am hoping to move to the south island at the end of the year. I have made enquiries to the Canterbury District Health Board and they stated they would welcome a job application from me, I have also made enquiries to a agency called Randstad who currently have my C.V. on file. Could anyone explain the pros and cons of both
much appreciated corinnex
Old Jun 29th 2011, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nz jobs for nurses

Go direct to the District Health Board, cut out the middleman of an agency. It is easy enough to do yourself and you can negotiate direct with the HR dept. If you have any questions, there are lots of nurses on here who can answer them for you.

Gill
Old Jun 30th 2011, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with Gill,
I didnt use an agency but approached the DHB directly. The DHB`s
advertise their vacancies on their individual websites and as Gill says you can negotiate better without the third party.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

Snazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gedsy
Hi can i ask is it better to go for jobs within district health boards or nursing agencies, i am hoping to move to the south island at the end of the year. I have made enquiries to the Canterbury District Health Board and they stated they would welcome a job application from me, I have also made enquiries to a agency called Randstad who currently have my C.V. on file. Could anyone explain the pros and cons of both
much appreciated corinnex
Hi, in my experience please avoid nursing agency the CDHB dont pay the money for agency nurses unless desperate and you will mostly be in nursing homes, Go directly through CDHB web site or apply to a healthcare agency. I went through Accent health care its free they did all the hard work i sent them cv, references and they did the rest, got me a permanent job offer quickly with CDHB in Christchurch and they were fab!
Old Jul 12th 2011, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snazishaz
Hi, in my experience please avoid nursing agency the CDHB dont pay the money for agency nurses unless desperate and you will mostly be in nursing homes, Go directly through CDHB web site or apply to a healthcare agency. I went through Accent health care its free they did all the hard work i sent them cv, references and they did the rest, got me a permanent job offer quickly with CDHB in Christchurch and they were fab!
I totally disagree with that comment.

Maybe we were lucky but we used accent health recruitment and my oh was offered the job whilst still in the UK at the going rates for staff nurses

And

If i had read the post fully id have seen you used the same .... dohhhhh bad me slap on the wrist
Old Jul 12th 2011, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

Snazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to allSnazishaz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by alanmacc
I totally disagree with that comment.

Maybe we were lucky but we used accent health recruitment and my oh was offered the job whilst still in the UK at the going rates for staff nurses

And

If i had read the post fully id have seen you used the same .... dohhhhh bad me slap on the wrist
Ok allanmac your forgiven lol, see your in rolly, nice little place, is your oh at christchurch hospital to? im wondering if i know her mmmmmmmmmmm
Old Jul 12th 2011, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Ok allanmac your forgiven lol, see your in rolly, nice little place, is your oh at christchurch hospital to? im wondering if i know her mmmmmmmmmmm
LOL she used to be but moved to sunner climes but we still know a few nurses in there, a couple stay in rolly infact.

You in rolly or in the town?
Old Jul 12th 2011, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

Sorry just to let you know accent healthcare are a recruitment agency they find you a permanent job they are not an nursing agency that sends you to different places to work.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

allisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really nice

I approached Accent but unfortunately they didn't help me much.

Their answer was basically "we've never recruited public health nurses"....and that was the end of that conversation!

I'm sure they are ok for other nurses though!
Old Jul 12th 2011, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

I approached the DHB direct from UK, with a telephone interview & got work. But be careful if an agency also has your CV. If the agency approaches a particular DHB for work on your behalf, they will then not accept a CV or application direct from you.