Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZ immigration - is it really luck!

NZ immigration - is it really luck!

Old Jan 6th 2016, 12:41 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: NZ immigration - is it really luck!

Originally Posted by Squid1001
Say if we had got in 4 years ago it would have been ok but now we're getting to the point of no go because my kids are getting up toward 20.
Yes. Can understand this. They are young adults and have minds of their own. May not want to move across the world and also may shortly become independant.

Add another 24 months to finish accounting exams it would be too late.
That depends on your age .
Anything is possible if you really want it to be.

General Accountant is on the immediate shortage list. That means that an NZ employer is free to offer you a position without the need to prove there is no NZ resident or citizen that could do that work.

If you were to gain that job offer at $55K at least, then you could look to the Work to Residence category.
The issue still might be that the quals match the job offer.

What is your Masters in?
Old Jan 6th 2016, 12:43 am
`

I have lived on the South Island for 12 years now.

BTW am I talking to myself here please? I am trying to help find avenues for you to think about.
Old Jan 6th 2016, 12:48 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I think this thread should be closed and if Squid wants more precise details perhaps she can come back, with a different thread, at a more convenient time for her and hopefully access to a laptop if her phone is not helping with the context of the postings.
Old Jan 6th 2016, 12:51 am
Just Joined

Squid1001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
I have lived on the South Island for 12 years now.

BTW am I talking to myself here please? I am trying to help find avenues for you to think about.
No your not talking to yourself! Thank you for you long post earlier I have read it. Sorry on phone can see all.

I think I am just going to log out and stay out now. Like I just said. Picked up loads. Analysed my situation and reasons < .snip. > so best to close down as it's very late here.

Please mod I really would appreciate the thread to be zapped. It's been a bit of a run.

Last edited by BEVS; Jan 6th 2016 at 12:54 am. Reason: wee snip. best left
Old Jan 6th 2016, 12:52 am
Just Joined

Squid1001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
I think this thread should be closed and if Squid wants more precise details perhaps she can come back, with a different thread, at a more convenient time for her and hopefully access to a laptop if her phone is not helping with the context of the postings.
Thank you.
Old Jan 6th 2016, 12:53 am
`

In that case. Thread closed.