Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZ House buying guide?

NZ House buying guide?

Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ House buying guide?

Don't forget as well that you need a North Facing Garden!
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

jads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shirl
Hi Jads

You will need to look on www.trademe.co.nz for houses for rent/buy. Go to real estate and then rent or buy tab. Last week's real estate books had quite a few properties in and $350 would buy something decent in Rangiora. You will most probably need to be in the Ashgrove School catchment if you have little ones at school as this is one of the good schools here in Rangiora. What ages are your children? How many bedrooms do you want and I will keep an eye open for you if you like.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Cate...0000&x=79&y=14

That link brings up a page to all Rangiora Properties up to $400 as it goes $300 to $400 but there are some bargains to be had at the moment.
Thanks for your reply, we have been keeping an eye on the trademe site for a while, My sons are 11 & 16, is Ashgrove School for these ages?

Cheers Jads
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jads
Thanks for your reply, we have been keeping an eye on the trademe site for a while, My sons are 11 & 16, is Ashgrove School for these ages?

Cheers Jads
No I think it will be Rangiora High in that case.

Here is a link

http://www.rangiorahigh.school.nz/

It is a very good school so I am led to believe. Otherwise, I think there are kids that go into Christchurch on the bus to school.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 10:30 am
rgb
Just Joined

rgb is an unknown quantity at this point

Since nobody seems to have mentioned them yet... we bought "Where to Live in Auckland" and "The Streetwise Homebuyer" together for about $55 plus shipping a few weeks ago.

They both seem to contain lots of useful information, but we have yet to put it into practice.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

zummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud of

Talking of books, we bought the residents guide to New Zealand.

Not only does to cover general living, emigrating, culture, health etc, it has a huge section for the main suburbs in Auckland, Wellington and Chch - very honest with regards safetly, crime, house prices and schools. Still keep it close by to thumb through.
Think it was about 15UKP, but definately worth it. Shout if you want the ISBN.

Lou
Old Oct 19th 2008, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

jads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to all

Originally Posted by zummerzet_lou
Talking of books, we bought the residents guide to New Zealand.

Not only does to cover general living, emigrating, culture, health etc, it has a huge section for the main suburbs in Auckland, Wellington and Chch - very honest with regards safetly, crime, house prices and schools. Still keep it close by to thumb through.
Think it was about 15UKP, but definately worth it. Shout if you want the ISBN.

Lou
Hi

Did you buy it from the net, I WANT ONE.

Cheers Jads
Old Oct 19th 2008, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

zummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud of

I bought it in Waterstones ... hang on .. will go and see if I can google it ... here you are, found a couple of links ....

http://www.amazon.com/New-Zealand-Co.../dp/9948033825

http://www.explorerpublishing.com/pr...aland-explorer
Old Oct 20th 2008, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zummerzet_lou
I bought it in Waterstones ... hang on .. will go and see if I can google it ... here you are, found a couple of links ....

http://www.amazon.com/New-Zealand-Co.../dp/9948033825

http://www.explorerpublishing.com/pr...aland-explorer
Cheers, On its way as we speak (or write or sleep).

Jads