NZ holiday

Old Feb 15th 2010, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ holiday

Awww shucks June, what a lovely post...lol

Glad you had a nice day. I've now had a lovely nippy nap and all ready for my shift tonight
XX
Old Feb 15th 2010, 6:40 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
Sun 14th Feb

Today we went to Julie & Mark’s they have been here almost 7 years. In past reports if you have read them they also come from Tyldesley and went to school with Gail & Doug and met by accident in Papamoa.

In the UK when I was about 12 years old I went and asked could I take this little girl for a walk. The woman’s name was Elsie and she had 2 daughters Lynne & Susan so I had to take both or none at all. Lynne is Julie's Mum she moved to NZ in 2008 and lives in Te Puke. She got married to a kiwi last year.

Elsie is a sprightly 84 year old and is on holiday for 5 weeks so we all met up today. Who would have dreamt 60 years ago we would be having a BBQ, in February, in the sunshine and in NEW ZEALAND.

June
Brilliant funny the twist & turns of life

Dewb
Old Feb 15th 2010, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice

Thanks for that Elaine I do like to get feedback otherwise I don't feel its worth doing. Have you read my other reports 2008 & 2009 we did a lot more then?

Another momentous occation today. Ryan our Grandson is off on his first holiday with a mate. (no parents or grandparents) They are going to the Gold Coast Australia. He was 18 on New Years Eve and this is how they are celebrating. Mind you I think he has been doing that since 1st Jan by all accounts.

June
Hi June,

Thanks again for the updates on your fabulous holiday...
l shall be reading your reports for 2008 & 2009 whilst drinking my elevenses..
Again thank you and hope your holiday continues to be fabulous....

xElainex
Old Feb 16th 2010, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Tues 16th Feb

Well I felt well & truly needed today. Last night Gail said Mum, do you know what I miss, your Potato Cakes no one makes them like you. So today I made some they are ready for when she comes home from the shop. Hope they turn out OK not made them for years.

Also went TV shopping they wanted a 26" flat screen for the bedroom. So we went round the usual shops comparing prices for them. They decided on the one they wanted and we went back for it. Two jobs well done today.

June

Last edited by Margaret Parkinson; Feb 16th 2010 at 3:37 am.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Hey June

You'll be doing a good job tomorrow as well. (June and Alan helping us unpack our container stuff).

Potato cakes, yum...now that sounds like a recipe you should share with me

XX
Old Feb 16th 2010, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice

Tues 16th Feb

Well I felt well & truly needed today. Last night Gail said Mum, do you know what I miss, your Potato Cakes no one makes them like you. So today I made some they are ready for when she comes home from the shop. Hope they turn out OK not made them for years.

Also went TV shopping they wanted a 26" flat screen for the bedroom. So we went round the usual shops comparing prices for them. They decided on the one they wanted and we went back for it. Two jobs well done today.

June
Hi June,

Sounds like us mum's do have our moments eh, and it's nice to feel needed too bless, it's pancake day here as you know and well l had to go to my sons and make him some, his lovely lady (soon to be his wife) doesn't make them quite like his mums bless.

l love potato cakes never been able to make them successfully maybe you can send me your recipe for me to have another bash...when you get home that is ....

l read your 2008 report and l thoroughly enjoyed it thank you..l now look forward to reading 2009.

Keep the reports coming it's lovely to read that you're enjoying yourselves.

xElainex
Old Feb 17th 2010, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Wed 17th Feb

We went to Maria & Tom's today to give them a lift with their unpacking. Their container has at last arrived after 16 weeks. Its just like Christmas as everyone says, opening boxes and having forgotten what is in there besides what it says on the box. Obviously you can list every single item or you would need bigger boxes. We did enjoy ourselves then decided to knock off at lunch time and go and get something to eat. We went into Whakatane for fish & chips. We went to Wally's on the Wharf and I have to say they are the best fish and chips I have tasted in a long while. Its right on the waters edge and you can eat inside or out, we chose outside. We had Hoki for 4 and 2 portions of chips plus 2 cans. The cost was $25, and is highly recommended.

On the way back we called at Blueberry Corner for ice cream. The small cones were in fact very big and cost $3 plus 50c for a flake.

June
Old Feb 17th 2010, 3:41 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Wed 10th Feb

Today we went to Rotorua. Our first port of call was the Information Centre because we wanted to go to a Hangi Evening Concert & Meal. A very helpful lady gave us one of two options we told her we wanted to stay over so she said the best one for us would be the Tamaki Heritage Experience because this one collected you from the hotel and was $100 each. We asked if she could recommend somewhere to stay and she replied I can do that for you as well and how much we wanted to pay. We said $100 - $135. She phoned a motel and they could accommodate us for $95 per night.

The Havana Motor Lodge was just off the main thoroughfare and just 3 minutes walk from everything such as shops etc and the lakeside jetty. It was not the Ritz but it was very clean. We had a double bed plus a single. It also had a small kitchenette. It does have private indoor Hot Mineral Pools and an Outdoor Heated Pool. I said what a shame we had not brought our swimwear her reply to that was just go in the nude but make sure you lock the door. We did not take her up on it though. What more can you want for $95.

We were picked up at 4.30pm by Raki who would be taking us for our evening’s entertainment about 20 minutes drive out of Rotorua. He introduced himself and asked out names. We collected more people and by the time we reached the village he was addressing everyone by name. Raki had also asked for a volunteer to be Chief for the night. The Chief had to accept the peace offering on our arrival. We had been instructed on the rules and protocol by Raki which I will not go into you will have to experience it yourself.

The food was buffet style chicken, lamb, potato’s, veg, salad etc then there was a choice of sweets. You could help yourself to tea, coffee & water and there was a bar area where you could buy alcoholic & non alcoholic drinks.

Before and after the meal we were entertained with ritual dances etc and we were allowed to wander round the village where men and women were showing us their crafts.

We left at around 8 o’clock. On our coach there were 4 people from England, 2 French, some Canadians & Australians and 1 man from Scotland. We had to get up and sing something from our country we chose The Beatles "All you need is love" The man from Scotland was the last and chose "Auld Lang Syne" very apt I thought to round off a good evening.

Just as we arrived back as we approached a roundabout Raki started to sing
"We'll be coming round the mountains" and went round the roundabout 5 times. Do not try this at home.

All in all it was a very good night and did not cost the earth just $295 and we have got some lovely memories.

One thing I forgot to mention was with our show tickets we could have got free tickets to Paradise Valley Springs, Hell's Gate Thermal Reserve or Rotorua Museum. We chose the Museum which was a mistake. Its $12 adult & $5.50 children admission. There are no facilities for the disabled and there are lots of steps so as I have said before Alan had 2 knee replacements last year and did not want to wear them out at the Museum climbing all those stairs. It does say allow 1 - 2 hours to look round so it’s not very big. It’s not a patch on the one in Christchurch which was free admission. We would have been better off choosing Paradise Valley Springs which was $26 adults & $13 children. We could have done that on our way back to Papamoa. Never mind we learn by our mistakes.

June
We were there the evening before you! I love Tamaki and always take any UK visitors there.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by xxElainexx
Hi June,

Sounds like us mum's do have our moments eh, and it's nice to feel needed too bless, it's pancake day here as you know and well l had to go to my sons and make him some, his lovely lady (soon to be his wife) doesn't make them quite like his mums bless.

l love potato cakes never been able to make them successfully maybe you can send me your recipe for me to have another bash...when you get home that is ....

l read your 2008 report and l thoroughly enjoyed it thank you..l now look forward to reading 2009.

Keep the reports coming it's lovely to read that you're enjoying yourselves.

Thanks for that if you reply to my 2008 & 2009 post it will put them on page 1 for a while. This site is soo busy they soon disappear...

June

xElainex

Thanks for that if you reply to my 2008 & 2009 post it will put them on page 1 for a while. This site is soo busy they soon disappear...

June
Old Feb 17th 2010, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

June
Thank you June,

l've started reading them already....so much information for others planning to do a trip there. Again thank you and hope you both continue to enjoy and tell us about your holiday in NZ.
xElainex
Old Feb 17th 2010, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: NZ holiday 2010

Thurs 18th Feb

We both went to have our hair done today. We went to Wendy's near Doug's shop. I have a cut & blow a very good job it was as well and Alan had his cut total cost $50.

We then went to Woolworths so here are some more prices:-

Schweppes Tonic 2 for $4.78 on offer
6 bread rolls $1.99 " "
Oranges 658kg $2.22
Apples 753kg $1.49
Wholemeal bread 750GN $2.99 promotion
Toblerone bar 50g 99c "

We also earned onecard savings $1.70 but of course we will not be able to get it because we have not registered the card.

Its Gail's birthday tomorrow so I don't know what we will be doing.

June
Old Feb 18th 2010, 1:18 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

I loved the story about you bumping into someone you knew all those years ago Margaret- the world really is much smaller than we think!! Sounds like you've been being very useful and having a blast too
Old Feb 18th 2010, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

I forgot to mention yesterday we saw a group of school children going somewhere with their teachers. I would say 2 thirds had no shows on. I still find this very strange. Its not unusual to see familes out shopping and none of them wearing shows.

Something else we spotted on the way to the hairdressers this morning. In New Zealand they make sure children do understand road safety. They had the children on the crossing outside school with as we would call them in the UK lollypop people showing them the correct way to cross the road. Last year when we were down at the Mount the roads were closed in some parts because of children cyclists again having lessons.

Very good idea in my opinion.

June
Old Feb 18th 2010, 5:34 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I passed a group of young primary school children yesterday and several of them had no shoes on but they all had their green hats on.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 5:36 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

June
Hi June your posting are so good that lots of us look for them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.