NZ holiday

Old Jan 29th 2010, 11:26 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ holiday

Hope you had a good evening?Sounds like its going to be fun.
Glad your holiday is going well & jetlag behind you now.
Good you got the prescription sorted what a kerfuffle.

Dewb
Old Jan 30th 2010, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Stars under the Stars. We arrived at Mills Reef at 5 pm to get a good spot for the show. It was pouring down and all we could see were umbrellas & makeshift tents out of anything that could be waterproof. Alan & I had a couple of plastic macs but were not much help. It did however stop raining at 6.30 just as the show started but by this time we were feeling rather damp. Its a shame it had to rain we were told by the announcer that this is the first time it has happened in 8 years. Nevertheless I am sure a good time was had by all in spite of the weather.

Last edited by Margaret Parkinson; Jan 30th 2010 at 8:57 am.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 8:47 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Was thinking of you and other friends - what a shame.

I'm sure you all made the most of it anyway.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Well we thought the problem was solved re the tablets but I have just spoken to my friend and she was not allowed to post them. You cannot send drugs to NZ even prescription ones. Plus the fact seeing they do not have it in this Country it would be an illegal drug. We will have to see what the doctor comes up with.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future

Ooh, hope that gets sorted out for you I guess the NZ equivalent will work as well

Glad you've been having a good time and enjoyed the winery evening, despite the rain. Have to admit been enjoying Mills Reef vicariously and off to do so again

Hope you enjoy the Coromandel - we loved it when we were there in teh winter.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 9:02 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Wish I could have helped with Alan's prescription June, as my mum flys out tomorrow. But I'm guessing despite the potential comedy value of her getting arrested for illegal drug smuggling it wouldn't be possible.

I hope you can get something sorted out this end.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

1st Feb

Well its the beginning of a new month and the sun is shining now lets hope it keeps it up for the next few weeks.

June
Old Feb 1st 2010, 5:40 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
1st Feb

Well its the beginning of a new month and the sun is shining now lets hope it keeps it up for the next few weeks.

June
you get lovely weather for the rest of your trip

Lovley frost here! going to hit the dizzy heights of 3 degrees woo hoo

Dewb
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

This is what we have planned and booked today.

We leave on the 21st Feb and travel by bus Tauranga to Auckland.
Overnight Sky City Hotel King Room
22nd Feb coach travel to Paihia staying 3 nights at the Bounty Inn
23rd Feb Cape Reinga via 90 Mile Beach Tour - inc Lunch
24th Feb Bay of Islands: Morning Cape Brett "Hole in the Rock" Cruise
25th Feb Sky City Hotel for 2 nights.
27th Bus Auckland - Tauranga

I will tell you when we have been how it was.

June
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

My son in law says he is sick of me running round the house " naked " shouting chase me Alan chase me... thats why we are going away for a week to see if there is any hotels where we can throw the keys in a pot?? anyone stayed in said hotels let me know..

That's my son in law again put things on here that are not true.

Last edited by Margaret Parkinson; Feb 2nd 2010 at 6:40 am. Reason: Must not leave British Expats logged on so that son in law cannot post anthing for me.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

June - NEVER , EVER ,EVER leave a computer on & logged in near him ! He is a sick man who needs help !!
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 11:20 am
Scorchy legs

My son in law says he is sick of me running round the house " naked " shouting chase me Alan chase me... thats why we are going away for a week to see if there is any hotels where we can throw the keys in a pot?? anyone stayed in said hotels let me know..

your son in law needs help

Matewx hows your hotel re keys in pot

Dewb
Old Feb 4th 2010, 12:55 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

So you say.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 5:48 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Wed 27th Jan

Getting over the jet lag a bit now. Had a lovely afternoon at the Papamoa meetup. It was nice to put faces to names.

I forgot to mention we had a problem coming. Alan takes tablets and somewhere along the way he lost the full 6 weeks supply of one of them. We always carry his prescription with us and we managed to buy 1 months supply at the Chemists in Singapore Airport ($19.40) thinking we would be able to get the rest here. However, when I asked at the Chemist's we were told we would have to see a doctor to get them. We made an appointment for in 3 weeks time. Just as an afterthought I asked in another Chemists and she informed us that they do not have this particular tablet in NZ only something of the same family and we would be better getting someone to post them to us. So we would have paid $63.50 to see the doctor to be told sorry I am unable to prescribe that. So be warned put another supply of everything in your suitcase.

Luckily we can order repeat prescriptions on line and I have our doctors email address in my book. I have emailed him and hope he will send them to us. I will keep you posted.
Hi welcome back you did not get the No Jet Lag Tablets, I have found them to be so go all natural and made in NZ.
DAM THE DOC bad luck
Just looking forward to all the post again
Old Feb 4th 2010, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by harrogate girl
Hi welcome back you did not get the No Jet Lag Tablets, I have found them to be so go all natural and made in NZ.
DAM THE DOC bad luck
Just looking forward to all the post again
Hi Lin

Nice to hear from you again.

No I did not get the Jet Lag Tablets because I needed them in Singapore.

I have not posted as much this time because we have done anything that was worth reporting. We have done the usual things, Tauranga, The Mount, The Beach etc. Here's what we did today.

4th Feb

Today we went to Taupiri to see friends Anna & Garry (The Newfies on this site) We met them on our first visit they are friends or Gail & Doug. Taupiri is near Cambridge & Hamilton and their house is in a farming area. They have 4 sheep & 3 dogs. a big vegetable patch and plenty of land. Whenever we visit we are made very welcome. Anna always has an order for us to take from the shop so we kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Its a lovely drive from Papamoa to Taupiri we take different routes there and back and the scenery is stunning.

June

Last edited by Margaret Parkinson; Feb 4th 2010 at 7:11 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.