NZ FORMAT CV

Old Dec 13th 2017, 10:29 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ FORMAT CV

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
I hire and fire, 2 pages really is my limit when it comes down to first look through, use both sides
2 pages is the British standard - if you want to apply British standards to your recruitment practice that's fine, but others should bare in mind the New Zealand recruiters work to different rules. A 2-page CV for someone with good work experience will sell you short. 3-pages is usually enough to go into the detail required in the NZ market.
Old Dec 14th 2017, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmh
2 pages is the British standard - if you want to apply British standards to your recruitment practice that's fine, but others should bare in mind the New Zealand recruiters work to different rules. A 2-page CV for someone with good work experience will sell you short. 3-pages is usually enough to go into the detail required in the NZ market.
2 should be fine, even the government sites recommend that

https://www.careers.govt.nz/job-hunt...le-cv/#cID_581
Old Jan 6th 2018, 9:05 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sr71
2 should be fine, even the government sites recommend that

https://www.careers.govt.nz/job-hunt...le-cv/#cID_581
Quote from the site you linked to:

two to three pages long
As a professional CV writer trained in NZ and Australian CVs, I do 2 for someone without much experience, 3 for someone with 10+ years of experience.
Old Jan 21st 2018, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmh
Quote from the site you linked to:
As a professional CV writer trained in NZ and Australian CVs, I do 2 for someone without much experience, 3 for someone with 10+ years of experience.
I've been applying for a few jobs recently, I've actually found consistency to be an issue - some places want the 2 pages summaries, others want every single detail.