Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZ a failed nation?

NZ a failed nation?

Old Mar 31st 2010, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ a failed nation?

Originally Posted by Yotty
A lot of POMS will never get the chance to sample OZ NZ Canada US ... I suppose we are lucky ...
I reckon those on the MBTTUK forum think we are damned ..
Old Apr 1st 2010, 9:05 am
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Genesis
Oh yes indeedy. I know Raleigh well..and Chapel Hill. Also visited the Outerbanks, Oriental and Okrekoke. I soooooo love that part of the US..totally real aye? Not your touristy bits. I have such fond memories of the place.
Spent some very happy times in Chapel Hill

Most of my time was around Asheville/Hendersonville way - lovely neck of the woods.

Can't say I could say the same as AndyR about America in general - just too many different places to get on with all of them. It would be a cold day in hell before you got me living in the mid-west for example and my own personal vision of hell involves Los Angeles*.

And just remember - to pull this thread back to where it started - we are still talking about a country with a 6.5 times higher assault mortality rate than New Zealand. Grass greener and all that......

*along with lots of spiders and pickled beetroot and cottage cheese sandwiches - just humour me on that one.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 9:20 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I reckon some of you lot are a right laugh.

Whilst Rome burns you twiddle your fingers arguing over who is best and who is not.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 9:33 am
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BEVS
I reckon some of you lot are a right laugh.

Whilst Rome burns you twiddle your fingers arguing over who is best and who is not.
And the other reason for the existence of internet chat forums would be?
Old Apr 1st 2010, 9:41 am
`

I wouldn't know .

BE is an information exchange. It is primarily here to help and support expat people & to hopefully have some fun along the way
How you spend your time twiddling is up to you.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 9:47 am
Lord of The Pies

That's OK then - a little light twiddling keeps me happy!
Old Apr 1st 2010, 10:07 am
`

It seems so
Old Apr 1st 2010, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teeym
That's OK then - a little light twiddling keeps me happy!
I enjoyed reading your 'twiddling'.
Rekindled many happy memories.
Twixt you and me , I have often equated the southern states of US of A to NZ and pointed out many 'red neck' characteristics in the local kiwi population.
Yet I can't give a single reason for "lovin' NZ" because it has so many different facets.
All I can say is that since arriving 6 months ago, I feel {and act} 10 years younger.
My health both mental and physical has never been better.
Every day is a joy- hanging out washing (I know - Pathetic!) but it's the stupid little things of everyday life ie :-
Driving on wide, empty roads. Loads of free parking in towns or very cheap [A dollar for 2 hrs!]
It's the blue skies and sunshine that makes me feel good - puts a smile on my face and a lift in my heart.
The daily stroll on 2 miles of deserted beaches.
The youngsters- their behaviour, pleasantness and politeness.
Peoples genuine 'pleasantness'.
Love it all and more-
Sod the pound!

Jennie

PS. Yotty- You're so right.
I consider myself to be very lucky!
Old Apr 1st 2010, 12:34 pm
Lord of The Pies

Originally Posted by jennifer45
I enjoyed reading your 'twiddling'.
Rekindled many happy memories.
Twixt you and me , I have often equated the southern states of US of A to NZ and pointed out many 'red neck' characteristics in the local kiwi population.
Yet I can't give a single reason for "lovin' NZ" because it has so many different facets.
All I can say is that since arriving 6 months ago, I feel {and act} 10 years younger.
My health both mental and physical has never been better.
Every day is a joy- hanging out washing (I know - Pathetic!) but it's the stupid little things of everyday life ie :-
Driving on wide, empty roads. Loads of free parking in towns or very cheap [A dollar for 2 hrs!]
It's the blue skies and sunshine that makes me feel good - puts a smile on my face and a lift in my heart.
The daily stroll on 2 miles of deserted beaches.
The youngsters- their behaviour, pleasantness and politeness.
Peoples genuine 'pleasantness'.
Love it all and more-
Sod the pound!

Jennie

PS. Yotty- You're so right.
I consider myself to be very lucky!
Awww - thanks!

Although as typical bloke, if I start acting ten years younger than I do now then I reckon that the missus will have me back in nappies....

Really happy that NZ is working out so lovely for you - if I can get that sort of contentment no matter where I end up then I'll be a very, very lucky man indeed!