Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZ EXPO London and Manchester

NZ EXPO London and Manchester

Old Oct 7th 2006, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default NZ EXPO London and Manchester

Hello I'm coming over to the UK to attend both these expos. Looking to recruit health care staff for the 5 district health boards in the midland region {north island}. I'll be with the ZEST4LIFE stand.

Looking forward anyone from this forum turning up and saying hello.

Cheers
Gill
Old Oct 7th 2006, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ EXPO London and Manchester

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Hello I'm coming over to the UK to attend both these expos. Looking to recruit health care staff for the 5 district health boards in the midland region {north island}. I'll be with the ZEST4LIFE stand.

Cheers
Gill
Hi Gill,
When you say health care staff does that include social workers?
My mother in law is arriving with us in NZ on 7th Nov and looking for work on North Island. We don't intend leaving. I think she works with the elderly as a sw at the moment, but i know she worked in other areas during her training. Is there any point in her going to the expo or are you looking for nurses. Thanks. carole
Old Oct 7th 2006, 12:01 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Gill
maybe see you there - although we are bound for Auckland - and have application for SLT with Northern Ministry of Education - Special Education Takapuna etc - waiting to hear after tel. interview on (your) Friday - wish us luck!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

can recommend a visit to one of the Expos to one and all - went last year and it was useful although a bit "heaving" - best avoided if you hav etwo buggies lets say.......

ian
Old Oct 7th 2006, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Have sent you a PM Spacecake.

As for the zest4life stand, we will be recruiting EVERYONE, not just nurses. OT's Physio's, audiologists, midwives, Laboratory manager , a whole host of staff to work in mental health. All grades of medical staff, any spare geriatricians out here? Dental manager? You name it, we need it.

I know of a SLT position too, if that one doesn';t work out.

Cheers Gill
Old Oct 8th 2006, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

nickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant future

Have sent you a PM Spacecake.

As for the zest4life stand, we will be recruiting EVERYONE, not just nurses. OT's Physio's, audiologists, midwives, Laboratory manager , a whole host of staff to work in mental health. All grades of medical staff, any spare geriatricians out here? Dental manager? You name it, we need it.

I know of a SLT position too, if that one doesn';t work out.

Cheers Gill
Hi Gill

How on earth did you wangle that neat little trip? We have been in Tauranga for 7 weeks now, loving it. Started work last week and that seems great too - all you nurses out htere getting burnt out in uk, come to NZ!

Good luck with the trip, I will tell a friend to look out for you, they are researching a possible move to NZ and she is a nurse.

Nick
Old Oct 8th 2006, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nickcharliepark
Hi Gill

How on earth did you wangle that neat little trip? We have been in Tauranga for 7 weeks now, loving it. Started work last week and that seems great too - all you nurses out htere getting burnt out in uk, come to NZ!

Good luck with the trip, I will tell a friend to look out for you, they are researching a possible move to NZ and she is a nurse.

Nick
Would love to speak wih ANYONE who is looking to make that move to NZ. Rotorua is a fabulous place to live and work and we have vacancies in most specialities. Busy in NZ is NOTHING like busy UK style.

I have to say that I have been extremely fortunate with my career here in NZ. All the slog and ground work that was put-in in the UK has MORE than paid off in the opportunities that I have had here.

Gald you are enjoying Tauranga, will have to get together when I get back.

Cheers Gill
Old Oct 8th 2006, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Would love to speak wih ANYONE who is looking to make that move to NZ. Rotorua is a fabulous place to live and work and we have vacancies in most specialities. Busy in NZ is NOTHING like busy UK style.

I have to say that I have been extremely fortunate with my career here in NZ. All the slog and ground work that was put-in in the UK has MORE than paid off in the opportunities that I have had here.

Gald you are enjoying Tauranga, will have to get together when I get back.

Cheers Gill
I'll PM you .thanks
Old Oct 8th 2006, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

merryberry is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: NZ EXPO London and Manchester

Cheers
Gill
HI there ...............only just joined like a few seconds ago and could not believe that i found your email already like it fell onto my lap!!! lol
You see i am thinking about coming to New Zealand and yesterday i had an interview regarding midwifery with a midwifery leader from a health board in Auckland. However, i still want to find out info about nursing and i knew there was an Expo in London and Manchester but as i am from Scotland i would prefer to know about the Manchester one. You see i was only given details for the London one. I am nurse trained as well as midwifery trained and i only disovered yesterday that you have to apply seperately to the councils. I love both nursing and midwifery and would be grateful if you could give me some info on the dates for the Manchester one and what to expect.

Cheers
Merryberry xx
Old Oct 8th 2006, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by merryberry
HI there ...............only just joined like a few seconds ago and could not believe that i found your email already like it fell onto my lap!!! lol
You see i am thinking about coming to New Zealand and yesterday i had an interview regarding midwifery with a midwifery leader from a health board in Auckland. However, i still want to find out info about nursing and i knew there was an Expo in London and Manchester but as i am from Scotland i would prefer to know about the Manchester one. You see i was only given details for the London one. I am nurse trained as well as midwifery trained and i only disovered yesterday that you have to apply seperately to the councils. I love both nursing and midwifery and would be grateful if you could give me some info on the dates for the Manchester one and what to expect.

Cheers
Merryberry xx
Hi
Gill has just left, leaving me in charge of kids. Not sure if she saw your posting before leaving, or replied. Here is the link for Zest4life with the Expo dates http://www.zest4life.co.nz/secondary...Career%20Expos
Hope this helps.

Good luck
Rob
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:10 am
Just Joined

Hi
Gill has just left, leaving me in charge of kids. Not sure if she saw your posting before leaving, or replied. Here is the link for Zest4life with the Expo dates http://www.zest4life.co.nz/secondary...Career%20Expos
Hope this helps.

Good luck
Rob
Hi there thanks for that and i was able to access it ok but not sure if i have to register to go or not.............maybe i am not looking hard enough lol.

By the way remind me where you two are staying and how long etc as i am still trying to figure out where to go in New Zealand. I know someone in Auckland but we are considering going somewhere else even though he is a kiwi and i just wondered what was the best place to do nursing or midwifery. I had an inerview on Sat with Ann Yates. Does Jill know of her. She is a midwifery leader. Did not realise until i went to see her how much they keep the nursing and midwifery seperate!!! So i am sitting here decided to be a midwife or a nurse as i like both............ahhhhh.

Take care]
Mags (from Bonnie Scotland) lol
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:12 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: NZ EXPO London and Manchester

Hi there thanks for that and i was able to access it ok but not sure if i have to register to go or not.............maybe i am not looking hard enough lol.

By the way remind me where you two are staying and how long etc as i am still trying to figure out where to go in New Zealand. I know someone in Auckland but we are considering going somewhere else even though he is a kiwi and i just wondered what was the best place to do nursing or midwifery. I had an inerview on Sat with Ann Yates. Does Jill know of her. She is a midwifery leader. Did not realise until i went to see her how much they keep the nursing and midwifery seperate!!! So i am sitting here decided to be a midwife or a nurse as i like both............ahhhhh.

Take care]
ooops i meant undecided as to go for nursing or midwifery. I have more experience in nursing but not sure what to do as i want to make sure i get the right support.

Mags
Old Oct 9th 2006, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Take care]
I have sent private message.

Rob
Old Oct 9th 2006, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Gill
Hi, Any positions in Neurophysiology. I have about 15 years as a Technician. My partners is looking for senior project management in health care. Previously an IT director with a background in nursing.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nero
Hi, Any positions in Neurophysiology. I have about 15 years as a Technician. My partners is looking for senior project management in health care. Previously an IT director with a background in nursing.
send me a pm with qualifications and i'll see what i acan do.
Gill
Old Oct 11th 2006, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hello and here I am in london. There is free intererrnet access in the hotel, but the screen is the tv on the wall and the keyboard is impossible to master. Rob is doing a sterling job of keeping house back in NZ.
Forgot how grey and depressing London was, however have topped up on culture and done National portrait gallery, Tate modern and the natrual history museum. Covent garden, Oxford street and a few othr shopping areas.

Can't get over how old and scrawny thin Anne Robinson is and how old all the tv presenters look and we have only been away from the UK for 3 and a half years.

Gill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.