NZ Drivers

Old Jul 17th 2007, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of
Default NZ Drivers

I know this gets done all the time but I have been driving about a bit today and the amount of terrible drivers in New Zealand is horrible.

Is it illegal to indicate in NZ?
Is it illegal to drive while NOT being on your cellphone?
Do you have to cross as many lanes as possible while driving?
Or drive in two lanes at the same time while on your cellphone with your car pumping out thick black smoke?

I passed my driving license in England but did my update license when I got here and I'm sure I missed all these bits.

I suppose the police use up all their time stopping speeders handing out fines and pulling over boy racers, don't get me started on boy racers I hate them too.:curse:
Old Jul 17th 2007, 5:09 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZ Drivers

I think it's illegal not to eat your bowl of breakfast cereal whilst driving, ditto putting on your makeup (mostly the women that one)

A young guy tried to kill me yesterday by deciding to move into the middle lane, in the same spot as I had just entered. However, I must confess, I did some of that illegal indicating stuff. So fair's fair:curse::curse::curse:
Old Jul 17th 2007, 5:38 am
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Living in the Central North Island the driving problem starts as soon as the ski areas open and the Jafas migrate south on a Friday night

I once was told by my Brother, 21 years of living on the North Shore that Japanese imports had the indicator bulbs removed at the ports as they are not needed in NZ

Lucky for us (well up to July 1st) there is hardly any cell phone coverage where we live so the roads are safer? Well that will all change now that Telecon has installed a new transmitter:curse:

But I have got to say driving in New Zealand is terrible, best part is New Zealanders know it yet still do it.

For me I converted my Licence back in 1996 on a holiday work visa just as a momento Ended up settling here 4 years ago and recently went throught he performance of a Passenger endorsement and would you believe failed the driving test part first time
Well today I converted to a class 2 as well which was not done originally in 96 so dont get me started on that performance:curse: Theory test was putting me off yet I got through 100% correct. Now the funny part is I now hold a Full Class 2 but I have to drive with a supervisor until passing my practical
Why the flippin heck I could not have sat the Class 2 practical as part of my passenger endorsement I do not know. Seems weird to me you got to pass a Car test and a Truck test to drive a Bus.
Why not just pass a Bus test? Na to easy

Anyways you to to luv the Kiwi Driver
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of

I am writing this while driving I truly am a kiwi.

I can't beleive people text while driving, rather than stopping people for driving too fast 61 in a 50 zone yes I know against the law but the fine was $120 and there must have been at least 3 people who drove past on their phones but the police obviously stick to what they like.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:17 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

I gave a guy a big blast of the horn today - he decided to use the wrong lane to go straight on when I had right of way over the car that was in his original lane.

I need a bigger horn....
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:25 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

heres an example...

us - inside lane on motorway outside Auckland ( in hire car) doing 100kmph
guy behind - texting coming up on us at about 120kmph smashed right into the back of us, did slow down a tiny bit cos he saw us at the last minute and tried to pull out. WTF

Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:52 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Try driving around a mountain track to be confronted with with a large 4x4 with boat driving at high speed towards you as YOU drive round at a safe pace. This happened to use as we came around a bend on a mountain track. Three 4x4s with boats came at us. I had to pull over sharpish. I was screaming at them as they could have killed us all (4 of us in the car, a Honda). I literally was going to get out and fight the stupid gits, all of them. They just looked at me with a dumb look. They had no idea, none at all. Drunk driving, seen that a few times near Bank's Penninsular.

Here is a location shot of the 4x4 incident.

Last edited by Lenmil; Jul 17th 2007 at 9:55 am.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

My daughter passed her test on Monday so this morning I let her drive to school then I drove on to work. Coming through Browns Bay a car was pulling out a parking spot so she stopped to let her come out, the car behind us overtook rather than wait for her to pull out. Then the lady she had let out didn't stop at a zebra crossing and turned right at a no right turn sign. My daughter thought it was hilarious and was shouting out things like 'I just passed my test you should try it'
Shouldn't laugh.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:45 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

There really are some appalling drivers - it seems to me to be people who aren't concentrating, don't observe properly, or basicaly don't give a sh1t about anyone else one the roads.

There are good drivers too but you only notice the idiots.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:56 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RobClubley
There really are some appalling drivers - it seems to me to be people who aren't concentrating, don't observe properly, or basicaly don't give a sh1t about anyone else one the roads.

There are good drivers too but you only notice the idiots.
I had never before seen the driving with no hands ... steering with the knees, whilst lighting fag and talking on mobile?
Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jude J
My daughter passed her test on Monday so this morning I let her drive to school then I drove on to work. Coming through Browns Bay a car was pulling out a parking spot so she stopped to let her come out, the car behind us overtook rather than wait for her to pull out. Then the lady she had let out didn't stop at a zebra crossing and turned right at a no right turn sign. My daughter thought it was hilarious and was shouting out things like 'I just passed my test you should try it'
Shouldn't laugh.
Thats an excellent line Jude
Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I had never before seen the driving with no hands ... steering with the knees, whilst lighting fag and talking on mobile?
are you talking about yourself?

just kidding

*runs away before Loolah hits me*

ps I am bored at work before you ask
Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:13 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lenmil
Try driving around a mountain track to be confronted with with a large 4x4 with boat driving at high speed towards you as YOU drive round at a safe pace. This happened to use as we came around a bend on a mountain track. Three 4x4s with boats came at us. I had to pull over sharpish. I was screaming at them as they could have killed us all (4 of us in the car, a Honda). I literally was going to get out and fight the stupid gits, all of them. They just looked at me with a dumb look. They had no idea, none at all. Drunk driving, seen that a few times near Bank's Penninsular.

Here is a location shot of the 4x4 incident.
similar thing happened to me except I was on a mountain bike and the driver was not in a 4x4 but on a dirt track. I had to drive off the track to get away.

:curse:
Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kwprwn
are you talking about yourself?

just kidding

*runs away before Loolah hits me*

ps I am bored at work before you ask
Think she may be talking about me. Although I dont smoke in the car, I did get caught out once at the lights, burger in one hand phone in the other and the light went green, I didn't know what to do so I dropped both!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jude J
Think she may be talking about me. Although I dont smoke in the car, I did get caught out once at the lights, burger in one hand phone in the other and the light went green, I didn't know what to do so I dropped both!
ha ha

its illegal to eat and use your phone in the UK now, and it doesnt even have to be at the same time...they can fine you if they catch you eating or drinking while driving even if stationary at the lights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.