NZ Drivers

Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NZ Drivers

Originally Posted by kwprwn
hello Mrs Sensible

not sure I could eat talk and drink and drive at car, I dont have enough arms to do them all at once

sent you a message as we are planning a weekend away at coromandel (ish) so want to pick your brains
oh can I come? I LOVE Coromandel
Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jude J
oh can I come? I LOVE Coromandel
of course you can

havent found anywere to stay yet...caroline sent me some suggestions, any from you most welcome

might be sleeping in the boot of the car at this rate
Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Well my car's cloaking device was obviously functioning well this morning - I was nearly driven into twice by people changing lanes - one didn't see me 'til the last second and swerved back, the other just pulled in front of me and I had to brake to make a space.
Then after I came off the motorway a car turning right waited for the dark grey Holden in front of me then just pulled out across my (bright red with super bright Xenon lights) car.

And no Skoda jokes, or else!!
oh you have an invisible car too...i have one of them, some idiot has left a not so nice dent in my boot where they have hit my car in a car park and f******s didnt even have the courtesy to wait to tell me ...GRRR:curse:
Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

of course you can

havent found anywere to stay yet...caroline sent me some suggestions, any from you most welcome

might be sleeping in the boot of the car at this rate
I have been three times now, where did you want to go? Whitianga is nice, I can let you know where we stayed.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jude J
I have been three times now, where did you want to go? Whitianga is nice, I can let you know where we stayed.
not sure really open to options, we stayed in Mount Maunganui before so there would be ok, or Tauranga or maybe a bit further north is fine.

caroline suggested somewere in Mt Maunganui, so need to show that to Owen tonight
Old Jul 19th 2007, 10:56 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

not sure really open to options, we stayed in Mount Maunganui before so there would be ok, or Tauranga or maybe a bit further north is fine.

caroline suggested somewere in Mt Maunganui, so need to show that to Owen tonight
Mrs Prawn - the Mount and Tauranga aren't in the Coromandel!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

Re. driving - I live in Italy, not known for it's fabulous driving - and I can honestly say I far prefer driving here to NZ.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mazi
Mrs Prawn - the Mount and Tauranga aren't in the Coromandel!
yes yes I know but they are distinctly closer than Dorklandas its called by a few peoples here, but we just want it as a base if you get my meaning
Old Jul 19th 2007, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Re. driving - I live in Italy, not known for it's fabulous driving - and I can honestly say I far prefer driving here to NZ.
the italians are a bit like greek drivers if I remember rightly, they like to drive with one wheel either side of the white line in the middle and they just loveto overtake on blind corners or any corners for that matter
Old Jul 19th 2007, 11:33 pm
Account Closed

the italians are a bit like greek drivers if I remember rightly, they like to drive with one wheel either side of the white line in the middle and they just loveto overtake on blind corners or any corners for that matter
Absolutely correct!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Absolutely correct!
tis very scarey when you are in the back of a cab, having just spent the night in a greek hospital and you then think "OMG I AM GONNA DIE NOW!!!!"

but then is there a nation of safe drivers anywere, everyone everywere seems to think they have terrible drivers
Old Jul 19th 2007, 11:45 pm
Account Closed

tis very scarey when you are in the back of a cab, having just spent the night in a greek hospital and you then think "OMG I AM GONNA DIE NOW!!!!"

but then is there a nation of safe drivers anywere, everyone everywere seems to think they have terrible drivers
They're pretty good in Finland - courteous at least.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of

They're pretty good in Finland - courteous at least.
Courtesy is a word that is removed from Kiwi language when talking about driving.

You can't let people into a gap it will hinder you and add 30 seconds to your 5 minute journey.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bro69

Courtesy is a word that is removed from Kiwi language when talking about driving.

You can't let people into a gap it will hinder you and add 30 seconds to your 5 minute journey.
It must be individual perceptions because I find Kiwi drivers extremely courteous, they always seem to let me in, no racing away at lights, no lane jumping to get ahead of the queue. I do notice the lack of indication sometimes though. But certainly no worse than British drivers in my humble opinion.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
It must be individual perceptions because I find Kiwi drivers extremely courteous, they always seem to let me in, no racing away at lights, no lane jumping to get ahead of the queue. I do notice the lack of indication sometimes though. But certainly no worse than British drivers in my humble opinion.
You've obviously never driven on the motorway in Auckland rush hour traffic then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.