Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZ dedicated Marks & Spencers site

NZ dedicated Marks & Spencers site

Old Jan 6th 2016, 7:16 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default NZ dedicated Marks & Spencers site

Welcome to Marks & Spencer London

do forget the import tax implications.

I'll probably still use the UK one as well so I can pay in sterling.
Old Jan 6th 2016, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ dedicated Marks & Spencers site

You'd have to order a fair whack before you paid import tax would you not? Is it under/up to $250 total value that they waive? I suppose that is achievable actually!
Old Jan 6th 2016, 8:07 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Timmy Chch
You'd have to order a fair whack before you paid import tax would you not? Is it under/up to $250 total value that they waive? I suppose that is achievable actually!
No.

I thought it was considerably less.
Old Jan 6th 2016, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Ta, I often buy from M&S when they have a sale and free delivery on, as usually still good quality and great value.

It's not clear whether you can buy in GBP on the NZ site, but you can change the currency. A more limited range, but prices seem to be same the UK site.
Old Jan 6th 2016, 9:02 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

its best to keep the cost of parcel £100 or under to avoid tax. if you have to pay postage you need to consider that in the total cost overall. not sure what it would be in $. my very handy import tax site is no longer working and the only other one I have found I can't fathom it out. so I shall probably just stay with using the UK one.
Old Jan 6th 2016, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, it didn't seem clear that buying on the NZ site you could still be liable to NZ import taxes, I'd have thought it should be duty paid buying on an NZ site.

As I said above I tend to only buy from M&S when they've a sale and free delivery, as I note they do not reduce the export prices to NZ (or anywhere outside the EU) less the VAT that is not charged, so are effectively making 20% extra profit. But with free delivery, and when discounted that is negated.
Yeah, I keep to separate orders under 125GBP to avoid any chance of import duties, as once inflicted they become expensive with the fixed admin charge too.
Old Jan 6th 2016, 8:01 pm

not sure if you use the NZ site if you are still liable for import tax, hadn't look that closely into it.
Old Jan 7th 2016, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
not sure if you use the NZ site if you are still liable for import tax, hadn't look that closely into it.
It tells you about taxes in Terms & Conditions
Old Jan 8th 2016, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

pleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nice

Do they remove the VAT on the NZ site?
Old Jan 8th 2016, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

The prices were the same as on their main site, so the answer to that has to be no.
Old Jan 9th 2016, 4:38 am
Just Joined

Jaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant future

It's worth noting that free delivery on the UK site is now for orders over £75 while on the new NZ site it is for orders over $50 - so quite a difference. It also says on the UK site that free delivery will be ending soon.
Old Jan 9th 2016, 6:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

It seems the main benefit from using the NZ site is that you won't have to pay the 2% margin for using your credit card overseas.
Old Jan 9th 2016, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

The free delivery on their main site, tended to negate the fact they didn't deduct the VAT, which at 20% is significant make up of the price. To be honest I've always paid in GBP with still keeping a name account there.
Old Jan 9th 2016, 8:50 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I keep reading it as desiccated M&S .
Old Jan 24th 2016, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bit of a pain in the bum that you have to re-register to use the new NZ site but you do get 20% off your first order for signing up.

At the checkout it tells you if there are likely to be any taxes and import duty to pay and how much. You can opt to pre-pay the duty at the checkout or of course just go and delete something from the shopping basket.