Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZ consumer protection

NZ consumer protection

Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:16 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute
Default NZ consumer protection

Well, up until yesterday I had thought that it's quite annoying buying things in NZ because you can't just assume you'll get a refund if you change your mind (in the UK I took clothes home to try as a matter of course). Anyway, yesterday I decided to call the 0800 number in my washing machine's manual as it was making an awful rattle, 20 months after purchase. I rolled my sleeves up ready for the fight and the being fobbed off and told it was someone else's responsibility etc, etc. Nice person on the phone didn't even ask for the purchase details but after a 2 min phone call arranged for someone to pop by this am (I live very rurally) and he came when they said he would, diagnosed the problem and has lent me a another while we wait for the part. Top marks NZ
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:26 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: NZ consumer protection

That's brilliant. I agree, sometimes this is one of the things that is so good about NZ. You can get this kind of service without hassle.

We bought a new mattress and did all the bouncing around type testing and stuff in the shop. Took us absolutely ages to decide which would suit us best. It was delivered in just a couple of days. Free delivery out to our village. One week later I just couldn't settle with the thing as it was a bit too soft so I found myself creaking in places where I didn't ought to creak. Back to the shop I went to see if it could be somehow exchanged for a firmer mattress expecting to be told no or to pay some sort of $$ fee as we had used the mattress for a week. No problem said the shop owner. We'll exchange , no worries. Tomorrow suit?