NZ Binmen

Old Jun 28th 2007, 11:41 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default NZ Binmen

I am truly gobsmacked. It's 23:30 at night here, and the recycling men have just been up and down our street doing the rubbish. At 21:00 the bin men came around.

I don't know what to make of it all!

In the UK, they (the bin men) either come between 9am and 5pm - or they don't. There is no 'oh we were running late so will come back later for your stuff'.

What the heck are they doing working so late - and it must be minus 2 out there so it certainly ain't for the tan!

Do they get paid millions of $ or is it per street?

Either way - I ain't complainin'!

Astonished of Christchurch
Old Jun 28th 2007, 11:44 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ Binmen

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
I am truly gobsmacked. It's 23:30 at night here, and the recycling men have just been up and down our street doing the rubbish. At 21:00 the bin men came around.

In the UK, they (the bin men) either come between 9am and 5pm - or they don't. There is no 'oh we were running late so will come back later for your stuff'.

What the heck are they doing working so late - and it must be minus 2 out there so it certainly ain't for the tan!

dear Astonished - I have no answer but it is either fantastic service or horrendous depending on when they are meant to have it done!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 11:59 am

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
dear Astonished - I have no answer but it is either fantastic service or horrendous depending on when they are meant to have it done!
I know! Mental ain't it. Anyone got the answer...?
Old Jun 28th 2007, 12:01 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

I know! Mental ain't it. Anyone got the answer...?
They start at the upper class streets and work their way down.

Probably explains all that noise at 7am that disturbs my beauty sleep...
Old Jun 28th 2007, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Avid
They start at the upper class streets and work their way down.

Probably explains all that noise at 7am that disturbs my beauty sleep...
Mr Avid - I am LOVING your work there,

Some 'WELL DONE' Karma coming your way.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 12:08 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

It used to be rugby league training (plus cash for the drinks after the game)

In Melbourne the guys come even during public holidays the same days of the week. In the UK the schedule would go all over the show if the week had a public holiday.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Here in Rangiora you contract the binmen yourself its not on the rates, so the more they do the more they get paid. None of yer UK council wasters.

Like the Courier Post guys they've got to deliver loads to make their money so they run everywhere.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 12:12 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Mr Avid - I am LOVING your work there,

Some 'WELL DONE' Karma coming your way.
How kind.

It might be true, you know. My street has the post, garbage and recycling done by 8am and we even get free newspapers this month.

It's not because anybody likes or respects us it's just because we have the time and money to moan and moan and moan and moan if we don't get what we want....

Or it could just be that I live in Aardvark avenue....